Basic Cyberpunk Company Logo - (Based for a storyline)

+
Basic Cyberpunk Company Logo - (Based for a storyline)

To make a long story short, I've been working on a Cyberpunk themed world and turning it into a comic book. So I've been working on a logo for the main company and I could use some ideas and constructive criticism on my logo. The company is called "Hexcellence Incorporated" (Hexcell Inc.) and is the top of the line in augmentation and neuroprothestic research. So, I could really use advice on how it could look better, because a top of the line company should have a top of the line logo right?

Let me know your opinions and criticism on changing it and making it better.

Don't like the offset font. Do like the color scheme and layout.

I'd say put "Inc." on the same line, and make the "Inc." a couple of points smaller (ie, if "Hexcell" is size 12, make "Inc." about size 8.)

Well Inmy opinion man you should have some initial concept or idea on how this logo should be composed. And note that logo should be easily readable that means a solid graphic which very often represents the area or domain of the company and a good cathy name written with some decent and also readable font maaan.

In this case it is just too chaotic man.... It is a case of form over content... Limit the number of those hexagons drastically man. Maybe try not to be so deadly literal. Try to use 3d forms instead of 2D. Colors: use some transition between them. Maybe a gradient, maybe use some other effects like glow or light flare. And make it simple!

I for one dig better the composition of this last one EXCEPT the letters seem way too small. I'd make them a lot bigger and try to make them take off from the background. Maybe even help the take off effect by making the background hexagons a little tilted and with a gradient that gave them the feel of... something between a holographic layer and a solar panel.

I love the design concept. I do recommend though that the lettering needs more contrast as well as needing to be a little larger. perhaps rather than black lettering with gold/yellow outlining it could work in block white. The lettering needs to be more reconizable. Think of the most iconic brands in the world. They are simple and instantly recognisable. I would also lose about 6 of the blue hexes, the ones to the bottom right.

I liked the pre-revision version, but I think you should just make the text into a neutral color. You should also keep inc as you made it in the second version.

Is there a deeper reason for having two colors?

Hope this helps.

Thank you to all who have replied. Currently I'm working on another version with all the input I've received. Also @cmdr_flashheart there is no real reasoning for the two colors. When I envisioned the logo, they were just the two best colors that came into mind in my opinion. I didn't want to go full on orange or yellow seeing as how it was used and in some eyes overused a lot throughout Deus Ex.

Thank you to all who have replied. Currently I'm working on another version with all the input I've received. Also @cmdr_flashheart there is no real reasoning for the two colors. When I envisioned the logo, they were just the two best colors that came into mind in my opinion. I didn't want to go full on orange or yellow seeing as how it was used and in some eyes overused a lot throughout Deus Ex.

If you are considering alternative colour schemes, then I am curious to know what does the corporation do? What is their product? That could be a good place to start for colour inspiration. If they are a clinical, then clean and relaxing colours are a good choice like blues and whites. Military hardware stands up well to bold and aggressive colour combinations like red and black. Programming and software works well with green and black, being reminicent of the old fashioned Monochrome monitors.

Your current choice of colours says to me that the corporation is yound and into either media or software.

Right now the corporation is the top in network security and file protection. It is led by the worlds Turing Award leader (No name given yet) who is a genius in computer science. He has come up with these chips for augmentations that can be anything from a simple A.I. Nano chip inserted into a robot or a brain enhancements for quicker neuro-processing which allows them to think, react and essentially be able to brainstorm and think of any idea, answer, question etc. known to man. Being able to stretch the limitations of the human race as a whole. It's a strange concept, but more in depth parts lead up to such events. Before I get too carried away though, this is the latest installment of the logo. Simple and subtle.

V 3.0

For the most part, I still like the color scheme / layout of v1.0, but I have to admit that this is a much cleaner logo. Simple, clean design.

That "lens flare effect" is slightly distracting for me, though. Only other thing I might do is superimpose "Hexcell Inc." over the hex-shaped cells, but that's a personal stylistic call.

I think this one is on the money. Very nice indeed.
My only concern now is the colour of the surface the logo is intended to be placed on. If it is a dark surface, the lettering won't stand out enough. But of its light, your golden.

The lens flare adds a no e depth to the logo for me, o really like it. Also, placing the hex symbol ahead of the letteringand keeping it so much larger is kind of like what McDonalds do with the golden arches or Microsoft and the Windows logo. Simplified brand recognition.

Once again, thank you Chris and Blank. I've been taking into consideration both of your suggestions and I'm not sure if I'm really hitting this on the tee like I want to with this logo. Here is the latest concept installment though. I feel like I'm getting closer to the "look" though.

Sure you are man! This one looks way better than the first concepts. As I said earlier less hexagons, minimalism and above all readability. That's it! I would fade the colors of the logo or brighten the colors of the name either way to bring out the company name up front Its just too homogeneous in tones in my opinion :)

Once again, thank you Chris and Blank. I've been taking into consideration both of your suggestions and I'm not sure if I'm really hitting this on the tee like I want to with this logo. Here is the latest concept installment though. I feel like I'm getting closer to the "look" though.

It looks like a man's junk on purpose, right? :cool:

It looks like a man's junk on purpose, right? :cool:
Haha. MacLeod is right, though; does look a slight bit phallic.

Color palette, font, and alignment is great, though. I think if you were to move "Hexcell Inc." to the left a bit, it'd sort out the phallic problem. =)

Just read this thread from start to finish, was great to see the logo progress to where it's at now. Nice job dude.

If you are conceded about it now looking like 'a man's junk' as mentioned above. I would simply remove the 3rd hexagon on the bottom, it will simplify the logo even more and make it more compact and neat. Even if you just your thumb over that bottom hexagon, you'll get the idea. It will also work better when applied to various applications.

Good luck, looks good!

Top Bottom