Card movement from deck onto board and another issue

+
I just played in a match against a Vampire deck, I was NR, where my Gerald from Rika could not target an Undead Elder with 9 strength. At some point the player played a card that only allowed me to target that and not other cards so I could have missed that but I do not think I did.

Later in that match I deployed Botchling which then targeted Undead Elder and I had not destroyed any of the opponents units. The deck I have is focused on engine support not damaging. I do have units that damage in my deck Prince Anseis, Gerald, and the two NR 4/5 unit damagers for every boost.

And later I destroyed a 10 strength unit using Prince Anseis in a joust. When I won the joust Queen Mave was then pulled from my deck and played onto the board. I have Rovid but no other cards or abilities that spawn, pull, swap, or play cards into my hand or board. This was in error/a bug.

And later I destroyed a 10 strength unit using Prince Anseis in a joust. When I won the joust Queen Mave was then pulled from my deck and played onto the board. I have Rovid but no other cards or abilities that spawn, pull, swap, or play cards into my hand or board. This was in error/a bug.
You destroyed Golyat and triggered its Deathwish, which summons the opponent's (in this case your) highest unit from their deck.

The Unseen Elder was protected by a Defender.
Botchling's damage ability is a passive that doesn't require targeting, which is why it could bypass the Defender.

I just played in a match against a Vampire deck, I was NR, where my Gerald from Rika could not target an Undead Elder with 9 strength. At some point the player played a card that only allowed me to target that and not other cards so I could have missed that but I do not think I did.

Later in that match I deployed Botchling which then targeted Undead Elder and I had not destroyed any of the opponents units. The deck I have is focused on engine support not damaging. I do have units that damage in my deck Prince Anseis, Gerald, and the two NR 4/5 unit damagers for every boost.

You were not able to target your opponent's unit with Geralt of Rivia because your opponent had placed a Cave Troll on the same row. Botchling still works because it doesn't require you to select a target; its ability automatically activates at the end of your turn.

As for your Queen Meve being summoned, that was due to Golyat's Deathwish ability. She must have been the strongest unit in your deck.

DRK3

Forum veteran

Like it has already been said here by other users, your opponent used a defender to protect the units on that row.

All factions have defenders, their ability is you cant target other units on the same row, so my advice is you include a counter to it, or you wont be able to lock or destroy any of the dangerous cards they play. there are 2 ways to do deal with defenders: you can destroy it or purify it.

Defenders usually have shields/armors, so they're pretty hard to destroy with things like damage specials (alzur's thunder for ex.) or even an Anseis duel. One of the most popular choices is Heatwave, you banish the defender, which also prevents it from being ressurected. You can also use Curse of Corruption, but only if the defender is the highest unit (most defenders are 7pts).

The other way is purifying, the defender will still be there but it will lose its ability to defend the row. Cards that purify are cheaper than heatwave or CoC, but they are useless in some matches and also NR, which you're using, doesnt have good purifies.

Top Bottom