Does Texture Streaming get worse the longer you play?

+
Hi all, I'm on Xbox Series X and it feels like, since I have started to play through the story (previously I did the prologue but wanted to wait for next gen, so just drove and walked about the world) it feels like as I progress the texture pop in is becoming rapidly more noticeable.

For instance when I was simply driving about before talking to Takemura at the Cafe, textures would seemingly stream into focus a lot more smoothly. Since playing missions and advancing the story, when driving about and walking and trying to get immersed between missions the pop in can be quite obvious and jarring.

Could clearing the xbox cache help solve it? Is it too many game saves? Does anyone have a theory?

Cheers

No i don't think so :(
I have only 5/6 saves in total (without compting auto-saves). I never cleared the cache and it seem the same in all the game (maybe i should, i don't know if that will improve the game).
I do with it and I look forward to the next-gen patch (lot of patience).

I'm on PC and it seems to happen randomly; it's probably based on how much the game is processing, how much textured geometry is in the immediate area, and so compromises are made in how much the game will process at once.

But I'm just guessing.

Cheers peeps. Theres deffo something going on. It definitely wasn't as bad as it is. I get a little disc spinning icon in the top middle of the screen which used to flash up very randomly but now seems to stay on a little longer. Not happy at all.

Cheers peeps. Theres deffo something going on. It definitely wasn't as bad as it is. I get a little disc spinning icon in the top middle of the screen which used to flash up very randomly but now seems to stay on a little longer. Not happy at all.
Autosave icon ;)
I also see it, but less than 1s :(

I really hope they fix this, its a bit of a killer imho
I don't mind, I just have the icon (No freeze or FPS drop)
But I play in "Performance". I saw that in "Quality" when I take some screenshots, I have a small freeze when the game saving.

"DOES TEXTURE STREAMING GET WORSE THE LONGER YOU PLAY?"

Actually, kinda glad a console player asks this. Yes, texture does get worse the longer I play, ever since 1.2. So much so, after a certain time the game has been running, it crashes. There are a lot of mods in my game though, that seem to quickening the deterioration process.

There are a lot of mods in my game though, that seem to quickening the deterioration process.
It can actually affect the game :)
For me on XBSX, since 1.2, no crash at all (more than 400h). I can play +10h in a straight without problems:ohstopit:
The only reason i must reboot the game, it's after 30-40 save reloads, the items in containers can disappear.

I stopped playing for now but from original version up to 1.2 patch I always felt this on ps4 pro. Not just texture pop in but all present bugs/glitches would increase as I progressed. Everything got better with patches but this decline always seemed to be present, even with cleaning cache,...

I don't know about texture streaming, but performance in general definitely seems to diminish over longer play sessions (I'm on PS4 slim, game installed on an internal SSD), especially in busy areas. Japantown for example can start to tank if you've been playing over an hour and, let's say for example you drive in all the way from Heywood. A quick quit & restart and there's an instant improvement regardless of location.

I was always convinced the regular crashes were due to some kind of memory leak or the game not culling assets properly.

"The only reason i must reboot the game, it's after 30-40 save reloads, the items in containers can disappear."

The items in containers? You mean the icons of items? Strangely, that seems to be mended in my game. All items show now.

The experience that I have is that the longer a game runs, the worse the performance becomes. CP77 is not the only game that suffers from this. Seems apparent for todays games in general. The simple solution is exit and reload. Game starts performing top notch again.

"The only reason i must reboot the game, it's after 30-40 save reloads, the items in containers can disappear."

The items in containers? You mean the icons of items? Strangely, that seems to be mended in my game. All items show now.
No, it's more stupid than that :D
In most of GIGs/Quests, there are containers who can spawn legendary items. I doing those GIG/Quests, if it's possible, with the appropriate level (34+).
I save before pickup the items in the containers and reload as many times as necessary for have legendary with max mod slot (also the effect for weapons like "2 bullets per shot" for tech weapons) :(
(sometime it's not too long, sometime it take forever)
After 30-40 reloads, sometime the container is "locked" (as if it was here for the scenery). I quit the game and reload, that fix the problem.
(But who did more 30-40 relaoads for an items. other than me...)

But I can play 10 hours in a row without leaving the game without any problem (XBSX which runs an XB1 version, that may explain)

Last edited:
No, it's more stupid than that :D
In most of GIGs/Quests, there are containers who can spawn legendary items. I doing those GIG/Quests, if it's possible, with the appropriate level (34+).
I save before pickup the items in the containers and reload as many times as necessary for have legendary with max mod slot (also the effect for weapons like "2 bullets per shot" for tech weapons) :(
(sometime it's not too long, sometime it take forever)
After 30-40 reloads, sometime the container is "locked" (as if it was here for the scenery). I quit the game and reload, that fix the problem.
(But who did more 30-40 relaoads for an items. other than me...)

But I can play 10 hours in a row without leaving the game without any problem (XBSX which runs an XB1 version, that may explain)
Oh, that's what you mean. When it says "locked", is it in red or white? Could be "a", selection of RNG that was "forgotten" in there.

Oh, that's what you mean. When it says "locked", is it in red or white? Could be "a", selection of RNG that was "forgotten" in there.
Nope not icon at all, like if there is no item in the container (like some containers in world who are just there to "fill" the decor).
CDPR probably didn't think of testing this kind of problem... reloading a save so many times just for one item, it's a bit extreme. We can't blame them :)

So it felt like it was getting worse so i decided to copy the game from the internal xbox series x drive to the external plug in card to see if it made any difference.

Weirdly, yes its still happening but not on such and obvious scale which I don't understand. What I have noticed though is that traffic and NPCs have ramped up all of a sudden. I was driving between missions midday and there was heavy traffic everywhere, there was even some outside the city in the desert which was weird. I was only ever getting traffic spawning in the inner cities in early morning between 7-9.30 and evening from 4-7.

I don't understand this game!

Weird, even in the middle of the day with a lot of NPCs and traffic, I have almost no slowdowns or problems :(

Nope not icon at all, like if there is no item in the container (like some containers in world who are just there to "fill" the decor).
CDPR probably didn't think of testing this kind of problem... reloading a save so many times just for one item, it's a bit extreme. We can't blame them :)
Hm...Think I have a hunch what is going on. The "empty state" seemingly is still among the options of content that is yet to be acquired. The "empty state" should only be selected by the game after the chest has been looted. That's why I think, when you constantly reload, you'll sometimes get the "empty state". The team simply still needs to remove the "empty state" from the list of content of the chest of before it has been looted.

It's the same for jobs and gigs. In one gig it occurred once that a door during Johnny's gig wouldn't open. When I looked online for a solution, it was stated that you had to use the 2nd auto-save for that door to open, in the event it refused to open the first time. It was fixed some time ago, but I think that the door wouldn't open, because the game selected the "state of the player already gone passed it".

Another gig, that of Nancy with routers was the same, I think. You needed to interact with this router, but it refused to. When it was fixed, CDPR mentioned in the patch notes, that there was an issue with that gig that prevented interaction if you had passed there before.

I'm of a thought that all these occurrences are caused by the same issue, that only should be apparent after a player command.

The character Evelyn Parker has an appearance of a male that says: "remove this appearance" written on it. It is still in the game today. Would be wise for CDPR to investigate as to why this has still not been removed, as it could pinpoint the root cause of content designated for removal not being removed.

Top Bottom