Post a pic of yourself, dare ya!

+
Cool Cipher is an Aussie and shit man are you really some kind of Archaeologist? I remember you mentioned that you worked in that field, lucky you, that be mad as!

Thanks mate :)

Cool Cipher is an Aussie and shit man are you really some kind of Archaeologist?

Yeah, my job is heritage consulting, basically i get to go cool places and tell people yes you can fuck teh landscape here or no you have to leave this bit for generations to come. up untill a few months ago i spent maybe half of last year out in teh pilbara as part of an exploration team for a mining corp called API.

Me

I KNEW IT!!!! Even though you denied it before!!!

I'm the one facing the camera.

now we know not to piss him off ey lol

awesome pic, i loved doing that stuff at uni, great fun hammering on people with swords. I used to be the quartermaster for our society at uni.

now we know not to piss him off ey lol

awesome pic, i loved doing that stuff at uni, great fun hammering on people with swords. I used to be the quartermaster for our society at uni.

I do enjoy LARP. Nothing like beating the crap out of your mates for a long weekend and then getting pissed on micro-brewery ale and eating meat cooked on an open fire.

Where are you from btw, and what system did you do?

I go the the Lorien Trust events in the UK. Not as haardcore as Drachenfest in Germany, but we still get a few thousand participants at the Gathering of nations in August

we are not as organized here, it was just a group at uni and we were able to get a re-enactor's license for our weapons and such. I had a whole ton of print outs on fighting styles (low guard high guard and teh like) and how to forge and make robes and chain mail but thats from a long time ago and i can't remember much as i havn't been active for some time now.

I don't really know the style - we mostly did Medieval re-enactment incorporating dark ages through to 16th century but it was all fairly easy going. We use hand and a half swords mostly and spears with sheilds, some dagger fighting too for fitness (like hyper tag really lol). I always preferred a hand axe/sword and small buckler on my arm so i could still use my off hand rather then having to hold some big thing.

The biggest thing we ever did was for the opening of kingdom of heaven where we had 2 teams of 3, a knight and 2 squiers per side and we did one on one bouts and 3v3 bout. It wasn't a big group and we mostly just did things within the uni.

still sounds awesome. We just use foam and latex weapons, though armour can be real or fake. It's all based in a gameworld that has been evolving through about 20 years of actual gameplay.

I think thats the way it's going these days with the weapons anyway, because we had real weapons (albeit blunted) you could still seriously hurt people if your not careful so we had disclosure forms to fill out and we needed a police check and weapons license both individual and for the group, i think thats part of the reason it wasn't as popular as it could have been, you just needed that next level of commitment and money for it i guess.

To be honest when we did fair and stuff just sitting around eating and drinking while trying to knit that link mail were the most fun times lol (and damn that wasn't cheap either, links cost money and you needed like 10 freking thousand of them for just a short sleeve shirt i think). It was good fun, i would get back into it again if i could but it's more or less dead here in australia :( most people just wanna go out shooting kangaroos lol

the SCA is in Brisy mate, I've been to some of their events...just really turned off on the restrictions placed by the law and shit.

I do enjoy LARP. Nothing like beating the crap out of your mates for a long weekend and then getting pissed on micro-brewery ale and eating meat cooked on an open fire.

Where are you from btw, and what system did you do?

I go the the Lorien Trust events in the UK. Not as haardcore as Drachenfest in Germany, but we still get a few thousand participants at the Gathering of nations in August

I wish i could be there wearing an armor and beating the crap out of some people. It strangely sounds like fun.. Medieval fun.

two things.

1. no round in the chamber, although the grooves do tend to stop people saying it's an airsoft.

2. i actually took that pic for jinx (guys who made the shirt). i submitted a bunch of photos to get free shit, and they only accepted the ones where i menaced the camera with a gun.

Yeah, there is no round in the chamber.

I hope you felt guilty as shit having your finger on the trigger. THAT shoulda made you feel uneasy. When I was practicing my handgun shooting a lot, following the advice of my teacher and dry-firing a lot, I had a steady feeling of guilt and doom.

Why are you guys making yourselves real? It's going to ruin being an ass to you. Take Chris, for example, are you going to be able to write mean posts to that guy anymore, well, are you!? No, right.

227 is an exception, though, you should mock him no matter what- no friend of squirrels should be trusted.

Top Bottom