CyberPunk Anime/Manga [List 'Em Here]

+
There are some shorts named Logs (1 to 6 or 7) you can find on youtube. Some bits from the manga, some stand on their own. Which reminds me of aeon flux shorts....

Btw, some guys suggested me to read Seraphim 266613336 wings (by Oshii and Kon). All i know is it's incomplete and i won't find scans on the net, wonder if someone knew something about it.

Huh. Doesn't ring a bell.

You know I stil haven't seen Armitage. Any of them.

Does that make me bad?

Huuh.....it's blade runner with the cyborg chick having a baby. Haven't watched the movies or whatever happens after

Bizarre. You know K.W. Jeter wrote a couple Blade runner sequels that were quite good? No idea if they are manga or not. Might be!

Btw, some guys suggested me to read Seraphim 266613336 wings (by Oshii and Kon). All i know is it's incomplete and i won't find scans on the net, wonder if someone knew something about it.

Whaaaat??? Kon as in Satoshi Kon??? Man, what's with the titles? Do they not want people to browse their titles or something? XD
Man, Satoshi Kon... he's like my first idol to die while I was admiring his work (as opposed to those that were already dead, or managed to have me stop admiring them before death). For what I read on the internet this project was also truncated by his death (the other being the Dreaming Machine, a film that didn't even see posumous completion due to lack of funding... are they even reviving it now?).

Yup, that Kon. I think seraphim was completed with a novel in 2012, but i don't know if they translated it in english. I don't even know if it's worth the money.

Well fuck everything.

Blame ona shorts are down, anyone interested should be able to find links and whatevers from teh manga listing of Blame! That should be good enough for ayone who would like to delve more into that particular piece.

Yeah it totally sucks when something misses proper completion or is a little too obscure for us to find translated or otherwise... maybe there is someone in afterlife who might ba capable of translating? i dunno lol but seraphim sounds like it might have potential who knows.

Since i don't exactly spend a lot in this stuff i could fund some guys from GWT to buy and translate stuff i request, but i got priorities like university taxes and books.
I' ll find a way eventually.
About those links...are you asking for scans?
Here.
https://www.google.it/search?q=read...0.57j65l3j0l2.2013j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Fun fact.....q hayashida was nihei's assistant, you may end up enjoying dorohedoro way more. I'd suggest to download and read them with CDdisplay or something though.

yeah totally, i'm holding off on Arise till all the ova are out and i can get a blu-ray set, i wanna watch them on my theater system for epic impact and do a marathon, with pizza's popcorn and fizzy drinks abounding. Hate going to the cinema's since they never do their audio properly :(

It will be epic when i can get a full box set - oh man awesome.

Might look at getting the Arise manga too, if it's complete i will be all over that.

Manga's not complete and it's meant to show characters' background story. The first anime episode stands on its own though. They feel very different....Ubukata is kind of a feminist so the mobbing against Motoko takes the shape of a plot fast (someone related to Motoko triggers everything but i won't go into detail). That's the mardock scramble root where you get the loner female main character getting her ass kicked and kicking ass with all her might. That's cool and the action in the last part of the episode is good. But the manga...Motoko and Batou are like the armageddon, she goes in warzones in heels...that says a lot about future Arise episodes and chapters. Whatevs. On the other hand, they both feel like SAC's and gits movies. You spot tropes, scenes, tributes like deja vus.

Just found out about Exaella. It doesn't look like my cup of tea but it's only 4 episodes, shouldn't hurt too much...

Oh, Goku Midnight Eye should also be there both on anime and manga. It's cheesy as fuck, but come on, give it a watch, it's at least enjoyable. There's some questionable cyberware (chicks with bike handlebars on their backs, WHAT??? XD) that could make you chuckle, there's gangers on motorized unicycles and cool cars and iif you miss the way (well animated) 80s anime looked there's this one you may have missed.

I am in the process of goign threw a few on teh list will update soon, have already reviewed a couple :)

also an interesting ... sort of but not really cyberpunk cartoon to check out is samurai jack. it's actually a really fun cartoon, and since he is set into the future there are alot of robots and people with augments and even those cyberised hogs you have in sonic lmao... and there is a crazy scottsman too, he is awesome.

[video=youtube;KODo-qsBoIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KODo-qsBoIE[/video]

oh man my fav bit it think lol

it's not going in teh list tho lol jsut a bit of by the by fun

Spriggan -1

has no cyberpunk element and has only a little bit Sci-Fi stuff if any.
It's mostly an action Anime with some over the top action scenes.

Spriggan -1

has no cyberpunk element and has only a little bit Sci-Fi stuff if any.
It's mostly an action Anime with some over the top action scenes.

No cyberpunk element? Did you watch the same movie I did?

Elite operatives wearing battle suits that enhance speed and strength travel the world to fight Cybernetically enhanced U.S. soldiers (one with a minigun as a right arm, the other with monowire and an SMG in his right arm) ....

Nothing really supernatural happens until the end of the movie (which admittedly was balls), other than a brief glimpse of the psychic kid.

[video=youtube;Js7IKOuk-Ho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js7IKOuk-Ho[/video]

Shit, if you can accept the Psionic bullshit from Akira and still call it a cyberpunk movie, then I have a hard time seeing how you can say this is not... it's just not primarily set in a large city.

Did you watch the same movie I did?

Apparently no, because Spriggan is no Cyberpunk anime, as it's not even set in the future but rather in the present which also have barely any Sci-Fi.

It misses

high tech, artificial intelligences, hacker and/or, post-industrial dystopian world

Apparently no, because Spriggan is no Cyberpunk anime, as it's not even set in the future but rather in the present which also have barely any Sci-Fi.

I see, well to each his own I guess.

There is no date given in Spriggan the Anime that I can recall. But the advanced cyber and body armor would certainly qualify it in my book.

But I guess by your token, if being set in the present removes it from Cyberpunk, then Hackers goes out the window too... hell it's not even listed as a science fiction film. Hell by that token, we can eliminate Terminator too.

and we should probably disregard Strange Days as well, after all, it was only set 5 years from when it was released, and the only sci fi element was a head set that recorded memories, ripping off Cyberpunk's Braindance. I mean if it only has one example of sci-fi tech, according to you, it can't really be cyberpunk can it.

Odd how all those films are considered Required Cyberpunk viewing by most fans of the game, and the genre itself.

Top Bottom