Cyberpunk Miniatures

+
Sorry, man. Don't know anyone from there.

Also... since I seriously doubt I'm the only guy to bust out the HotWheels cars in a game, check out 'Battle Machines'. They went away a couple years ago, but they made the BEST cyberpunk cars. Especially Nomad cars.

The taxi is perfect as a Night City Combat Cab
View attachment 1064

Attachments

• !!d7Wd6w!WM~$(KGrHqQH-D!Evqkmp6LPBL9PP3jdJg~~_35.JPG
    !!d7Wd6w!WM~$(KGrHqQH-D!Evqkmp6LPBL9PP3jdJg~~_35.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 171
I use to trick out my micro machines and use them for the boardgame Road warriors and thunder road, heaps of fun! Too bad I cant find the ones you mentioned on ebay atm...I currently been thinking about mad maxing up some 1.43 scale cars but it gets expensive.

Naww, Micromachines are way smaller than hot wheels. Micros are somewhere around 1:150, hot wheels are between 1:43 and 1:64, so generally about twice the size

All I really remember about Micromachines was that dude with the mustache that talked freaky-fast.

The crown-jewel of my gaming Hotwheels is the White Cargo Van. They always get a white van, sometimes bulletproof, sometimes with different logos that can be changed on the sides. Sometimes it gets blown up. Sometimes it outlives the party. But they never really consider their party official until they have that stinkin van.

Now when ever I do see a cargo van driving stupidly down the highway my wife and I joke that it's probably full of cyberpunkers going to a job and none of then has a Drive Skill above 3.

Hey man, white cargo van is the ultimate low profile vehicle.
They're everywhere, you can slap on magnetic logos and be anything from a exterminators to delivery boys, they're inherently nondescript, and they're cheap!

You can get a used U-Haul medium sized box truck for like four grand today. Sure, it's got more miles on it than Apollo 11, but it;s been carefully cleaned and maintained by professionals every day for its entire life.

I think the comic "The Runaways" even talked about a white utility van being the ultimate vehicle for trying to keep a low profile.

My medic has a beat up white box van to serve as a mobile clinic.

Trust me, I ain't knockin it.
But finding a Hotwheels of was wasn't easy.

That and a catering truck. They've done more than one job with one of those, too.

There's the little short adventure in the back of the CP2020 book where the PC's have to drive a truck cross-country. That one was a blast, but I had to find a suitable Mac truck for it.

LOL, I didn't mean to imply you were dissing the big white truck, I was just so fervently agreeing with you ;-)

Vehicular combat in cyberpunk seems to be either pointlessly simple (the very vague rules in FNFF that cover virtually nothing) or hugely complex (MaxMetal)
I wish there were a happy medium.

I also wish CP had some used vehicle pricing rules. Everything in the chrome books is brand new and max metal assumes you;re building it new. What if I want a ten year old beater?

LOL, I didn't mean to imply you were dissing the big white truck, I was just so fervently agreeing with you ;-)
Don't worry, man. :)
My love of the nondescript white van nearly led me to buying one when one of the local universities was thinning their fleet. I didn't realize my wife was serious when she said to go for it until after it had sold.

There's also the car rules in Solo of Fortune 1, which are a decent mid-grade.

Interlock Unlimited (I promise Wisdom doesn't pay me every time I mention IU) has a good condensed formula for vehicle rules. More in depth than the FNFF but not as 'heavy armored combat' as Maximum Metal. Still, vehicle rules are something that both the player and GM need to be real familiar with before trying it. It can be either real simple or extremely difficult.

I've run a couple car chase/combat games but always spent some prep-time re-reading the rules beforehand. The few times that a chase or something popped up by surprise, I really didn't do as good a job running as I should have because we kept having to stop and check the rules. Nothing sucks the fun and excitement out faster than that.

We used a lot of hoopties. Theres some other cars in Neo Tribes, as well, i think. IU has some real basic sample cars.

I would be so afraid of ordering those UK figures I think the shipping fee's would hurt my butt lots lol.

Check eBay, I get my brit minis from dealers there. I picked up some Corporate minis for military grade goons (and the Major-General fig is so cool with the cigar and casual sword draping) and picked up some enforcers to play heavy grade goons and full-con borgs. Overall I paid about 15 bucks a boxed set and no real shipping costs (cept on Gen. VonBadass where it was about half the price of the mini).This Guy is who I usually buy from on eBay.

Top Bottom