Freedom of the Press still bugged

+
Not sure if this is helpful for anyone but I randomly managed to get the quest to conclude. I just kept reloading a save game near Cassius’ shop and then went to the drop point, each time doing a little thing different (switching quests, marking this one or not, driving there straight, walking) and one of those changes apparently did it. I think it was ultimately due to me first quickly opening the drop point shop before closing it and taking the reward but I cannot be sure as I changed multiple things each time so it could have been any of the other changes as well.

In the assignment: "freedom of the press" and the end of the mission where I have to leave the mission area, the game marks me a point to go in order to leave the area. I went there but the mission doesn't finish. Even I'm 2km away of the mission spot, it just doesn't complete the mission.

FIX (For me at least)

Try defeating the gang not far away from the mission objective. After i killed them Regina called me and closed the gig, hope this works for you too guys!

Screenshot 2020-12-28 191151.png

FIX (For me at least)

Try defeating the gang not far away from the mission objective. After i killed them Regina called me and closed the gig, hope this works for you too guys!

Tried. Regina sent me a message about buying a new car, but the gig didn't close.

When i finished this quest i then drove to the Lousy kleppers quest . Got a couple of messages on the way. Pulled up by the gate where the lousy Kleppers gig starts, got out of the car got the message freedom of the press completed.

Having the same issue, as soon as I got the media guy to the car Regina called me even without leaving the yellow area as the objective stated (I don't know if it that has something to do with it but it seemed odd).

>went to the drop point to collect my reward
>got prompted with the "(R) collect reward" option
>pressed it and nothing happened
>now the option is gone and the job still tells me to go claim my reward

Same here, 1.06. Pressed the button to collect the reward and now this quest is stuck -> can't complete achievement for all quests in this district :(

There's a fix, at least for the PC Version of the Game, which also kinda applies to every other quest you might be stuck with.
I don't know if i'm allowed to post it though, because to achieve that, you pretty much need to mod the game and run a lua script. So, please, if a mod or someone who has authority could tell me if i can provide such solution...

Have a nice day :)

Hotfix 1.12 Still bugged, please don't forget about this problem guys
Im kinda scared what to do in this case - leave the quest untouched and hope for Fix or finish it to the point where it doesnt let me end it and progress with the other gigs and hope it will end itself at some point:think::think:

Patch 1.22

"Freedom of the Press"​

Failed when open door and go inside.

No fix

99.99% missions completed.
0.01 = Freedom of the Press.

Please CDProjekt fix it, is my last mission, and I want 100% completed. I would not like to have to see a failed mission. I am a game enthusiast, and I like to get everything finished correctly.
I have left a Save on the door, waiting for a patch in which when entering the door does not leave a failed mission, and to be able to complete it correctly. Until then I'll keep waiting.

Patch 1.22

"Freedom of the Press"​

Failed when open door and go inside.

No fix

99.99% missions completed.
0.01 = Freedom of the Press.

Please CDProjekt fix it, is my last mission, and I want 100% completed. I would not like to have to see a failed mission. I am a game enthusiast, and I like to get everything finished correctly.
I have left a Save on the door, waiting for a patch in which when entering the door does not leave a failed mission, and to be able to complete it correctly. Until then I'll keep waiting.
It's on "fresh" 1.2+ save or a save early 1.2+ load on 1.22 game ?
(this detail could be important)

It's on "fresh" 1.2+ save or a save early 1.2+ load on 1.22 game ?
(this detail could be important)
Is the first game save... i dont remember what patch is it.
I remember when play normal game, and kill enemies on the front of street, and Jones come to kill me. But people never know this guy is important for next mission, and kill him. But so much time later, when come to do the Press mission, know is bugged for Jones are die time ago. And i have, this save from first hours of game. "Sorry about my english" :D

Max left the building for attack you ? That Weird :(
I'm sure, this bug was patched.
In 1.22, i kill some maelstomers nearby with shotgun and Max stay in his room (NCPD Event, right in front of the front door).
But if in your save, Max is already dead... :(

Top Bottom