non-stop questing

+
i wasn't sure how to better explain the title so figured i explain more here.

The idea is that the game will give V random mercenary quest again and again non-stop...
I know that V is dead and all that when reaching the end, but i don't really see any issue that it's still a game and still should be possible to continue roaming around, but now as Johnny as V's body.. so figured it could work somehow even if it goes against the whole concept of V being dead and night City knows that.

other option is to implement the never-ending mercenary quest system when V is still alive and roaming around in Night City.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think, it could be good to reset the NCPD scanner hustles (via holocall to NCPD dispatcher) when you finish all of them in whole map (they are cool for trying news weapons, cyberwares or simply for xp).
But like every good things, everything must end at some point (also Skye's quote) :)

i wasn't sure how to better explain the title so figured i explain more here.

The idea is that the game will give V random mercenary quest again and again non-stop...
I know that V is dead and all that when reaching the end, but i don't really see any issue that it's still a game and still should be possible to continue roaming around, but now as Johnny as V's body.. so figured it could work somehow even if it goes against the whole concept of V being dead and night City knows that.

other option is to implement the never-ending mercenary quest system when V is still alive and roaming around in Night City.
Spoiler warning needed!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Added spoiler tags. OP, you can edit the post to make it not need the tags, if you want. The basic suggestion is clear from the non-spoiler part.
(Alternatively, you can edit the thread title to include a spoiler warning, so the post itself won't need tags.)

I wish there were radiant quests. Some people might not like them but radiant quests are usually gonna be optional. If I don't wanna do an optional quest, I can ignore/overlook it all day. Its pretty easy. The reason I like optional quests, just look at skyrim. In skyrim, farming radiant quests was more fun than going around grinding against bandits and waiting for them to spawn again. Another thing I like about radiant quests... When the game is over, I'll sometimes enjoy doing the radiant quests. Yes... Your doing the same tasks over and over, but I enjoy it.

I always felt that radiant quests in games are cheap as hell. It only speaks about the overall quality of the game if people consider them to be significant improvements to Cyberpunk gameplay.

Radiant quest doesn't have to be that bad. You can always disable those radiant quest in the option menu. i'm sure it's doable as there is technology that keeps evolving all the time. I was just thinking out loud when you're about to reach the end of the game story where there the game informs you with an warning that you're about to reach the end of the game. There you can just say No to not reach the end of the game and do Radiant quest. I was just thinking that the game is pretty cool to play with those cool weapons, swords and mantis swords, monowires and so on. Or simply just want to keep playing to pass time.

I would like them as well! or at least gang hideouts randomly spawn in certain parts of the map. Assassins Creed Odyssey had a random quest generator for end game, and loot. I would also like if they took the whole mercenary coming after you as well. More stuff to do! need more loot, and outfits as well.

Respawning enemies and random world encounters would be enough, but it seems CDPR doesn't want or was unable to implement either.

Even better would be actual dungeons with complex layouts and a boss fight at the end, that would eventually respawn for some nominal amount of loot. A few generic enemies standing around outdoors feels kinda jank and not very engaging. Witcher 3 had the same issue, except even worse, so there is hope for improvement.

well yeah, i was imagining more that you enter a holo call and call any fixers and they hand you a random generated quest of different variety. like kill those mobs with only knife and so on to make it more challenging.

well yeah, i was imagining more that you enter a holo call and call any fixers and they hand you a random generated quest of different variety. like kill those mobs with only knife and so on to make it more challenging.

That's a good point over there. But why only fixers? Partners, friends and contacts could give V quests too. It's a bit of a pity to call them and repeat the same sentences... So giving more life to them will also give more life to the city!

Respawning enemies and random world encounters would be enough, but it seems CDPR doesn't want or was unable to implement either.

Even better would be actual dungeons with complex layouts and a boss fight at the end, that would eventually respawn for some nominal amount of loot. A few generic enemies standing around outdoors feels kinda jank and not very engaging. Witcher 3 had the same issue, except even worse, so there is hope for improvement.

Dungeons ideas are quite good also. To give a context to them, the police department could make a call to V (and all units) to go to a certain place (let's say an abandoned industrial building, for example, but could be any kind anywhere) and when you get there, there's a bit of a shooting between the police (outside) and the gang (inside).

This one is selfmade:

Extending a bit the first one, contacts, fixers and partners should be able to randomly call you for help/quests.

You'll notice that nearly all of our missions are currently "out of doors"... with the exception of a few special buildings. I imagine that Dungeons will happen for us once they finish the mega-buildings, regular buildings, and sewer interiors and open up all those locked doors around the game world... ;)

But yeah, I totally agree with the OP... we do need random events to fill in the game world better between the hand-crafted content. Something like the mod "Random Encounters Reworked" for TW3, but in Cyberpunk... :) That way, when we finish all the placed content (which doesn't take that long to do) we're not left with an almost empty map and lifeless city.

You'll notice that nearly all of our missions are currently "out of doors"... with the exception of a few special buildings. I imagine that Dungeons will happen for us once they finish the mega-buildings, regular buildings, and sewer interiors and open up all those locked doors around the game world... ;)
Sewer interiors? How do you know there are work in progress sewers under Night City?

I think, it could be good to reset the NCPD scanner hustles (via holocall to NCPD dispatcher) when you finish all of them in whole map (they are cool for trying news weapons, cyberwares or simply for xp).
But like every good things, everything must end at some point (also Skye's quote) :)
Basically we already have something like those recurring assault thingies, right?
The locations that will be marked with a red circular ping on the map keep recurring for me all over the map after some time that I cleared one. And I always assumed this was intended.
Yesterday for instance, there's this location in Down Town or City Center near a streetcorner with Valentino's. For me this location had 3 instances of gang attacks spawn, 2 times with valentino's and NCPD troops, and once with Valentino's and 6th Street guys.
The time after I witnessed the shootout between Valentino's and 6th Street, a new spawn between Valentino's and NCPD occurred some time after and the kills I performed on the guys from the previous fight were still there.
It was actually quite fun to see the Valentinos so headstrong in stirring up shit over there that I killed like 15 of them between all instances :LOL:
It was also a good moment to test out the SOR weapon, it feels a bit funny as a one-shot type rifle but it can get some awesome powerful headshots apparently :giggle:

Basically we already have something like those recurring assault thingies, right?
The locations that will be marked with a red circular ping on the map keep recurring for me all over the map after some time that I cleared one. And I always assumed this was intended.
Yesterday for instance, there's this location in Down Town or City Center near a streetcorner with Valentino's. For me this location had 3 instances of gang attacks spawn, 2 times with valentino's and NCPD troops, and once with Valentino's and 6th Street guys.
The time after I witnessed the shootout between Valentino's and 6th Street, a new spawn between Valentino's and NCPD occurred some time after and the kills I performed on the guys from the previous fight were still there.
It was actually quite fun to see the Valentinos so headstrong in stirring up shit over there that I killed like 15 of them between all instances :LOL:
It was also a good moment to test out the SOR weapon, it feels a bit funny as a one-shot type rifle but it can get some awesome powerful headshots apparently
Yep the blincking "blue stars" event :)
But the loot doesn't respawn, only enemies. Some of these events respawn (frequently) and some other never.

Always respawn : Pacifica, nearby the only GIG of Mr Hand, initially it's Aldecaldos vs Scavs (Scavs who arrive in 2 Galena). It can respawn every in-game day.
Never respawn : Pacifica, at the entrance of the neighborhood, Cops vs Scavs . The cop still there, but the event never respawn.

Yep the blincking "blue stars" event :)
But the loot doesn't respawn, only enemies. Some of these events respawn (frequently) and some other never.
Only the loot of the newly killed enemies ofcourse.
which suits me fine because it makes for either added crafting materials (dissassemble) or I just sell the stuff. whichever I need at the time.

Always respawn : Pacifica, nearby the only GIG of Mr Hand, initially it's Aldecaldos vs Scavs (Scavs who arrive in 2 Galena). It can respawn every in-game day.
Yeah, I noticed it for that one also.
That one is a good source for some farming as well because there are quite a lot that spawn on that location. like 10 to 12 enemies or so.
Poor Aldecaldos however, don't tell Panam or Saul I may have killed half their clan
Post automatically merged:

Radiant quest doesn't have to be that bad. You can always disable those radiant quest in the option menu. i'm sure it's doable as there is technology that keeps evolving all the time. I was just thinking out loud when you're about to reach the end of the game story where there the game informs you with an warning that you're about to reach the end of the game. There you can just say No to not reach the end of the game and do Radiant quest. I was just thinking that the game is pretty cool to play with those cool weapons, swords and mantis swords, monowires and so on. Or simply just want to keep playing to pass time.
It would be cool alternative to prolongue the time you spent with the V you've bult up during all that time.
Especially if there was some narration/voiced instances where you also actually feel immersed into doing them (these could spawn few and further in between). But it is something that sets the gigs apart, the voiced setting makes it a bit more special and immersive.
If only they were attached to some random mercenary work that could also come from non fixers.
Or, alternatively make them tied into your lifepath. Maybe Nomads who become known in NC can be contacted for smuggling runs between NC and badlands areas (and include some epic car chases this way :) )
The streetkid could be more involved with gang-related activities such as shooting up enemy gangs from the perspective of a specific gang.
And the Corpo could be conscripted by corp to do assassinations or such (just thinking out loud here)

Last edited:
Poor Aldecaldos however, don't tell Panam or Saul I may have killed half their clan
If you don't shoot the Aldecaldos, they don't fight back. Their icons became "green" (friendly) if they win. Generally, they win, they beat the Scavs ass quite easily :D
At Pacifica, it's the neighborhood where there is the most of these events, easily 4 or 5 who respawn very often. if you go around the road from the Batty's Hotel (VDB HQ) to the Aldecaldos one, you have to come across one obligatorily (they are all around this loop). Except one near the gun seller on the beach.

Last edited:
If you don't shoot the Aldecaldos, they don't fight back. Their icons became "green" (friendly) if they win. Generally, they win, they beat the Scavs ass quite easily :D
At Pacifica, it's the neighborhood where this is the most of these events, easily 4 or 5 who respawn very often. if you go around the road from the Batty's Hotel (VDB HQ) to the Aldecaldos one, you have to come across one obligatorily (they are all around this loop). Except one near the gun seller on the beach.
Not always from what I have noticed. But I'm as of yet unsure what causes the difference. But I had them turn hostile towards me ut like the scavs on some occasions.

Top Bottom