3 unsolved mysteries

+
I briefly touched on some of these on my "Will there be Eve 'Smasher' in the works?" topic.

But I'd quickly want to summarize the biggest mysteries of Night City, not some small scale squabbles with gangs, but something that might later become DLC content.

Everything below will be MAJOR, MAJOR spoilers to those who haven't done the quests or found out about these with their own investigation.

1621583269251.png

1. Mr. Blue Eyes (Organization)

There's an expertly run operation behind the scenes of some of the biggest plots, where someone (potentially an AI) has been taking over citizens and maintaining them on a constant connection in order to control them.

Mr. Blue Eyes can be witnessed in the Jefferson Peralez quest line, where you find out that individuals have been mind controlled and their behaviors changed. When the game ends Mr. Blue Eyes is having a chat with you in Afterlife and you'll be send on a mission to Crystal Palace, Space Station for very selected group of people. In the Data Shard regarding Crystal Palace there's a mention how "a gigantic space station is catering to the top one percent" this would be a group of super highly influential people, possibly even higher level of power and influence than what Saburo Arasaka was. And Mr. Blue Eyes clearly has set eyes on reaching for their influence one way or another.

It's likely that his group that makes these mind controls, is not part of the 1%, the elite, and instead is part of something else. My biggest guess is that this is a rogue AI who seeks to take control of world resources.

There's also mention in Garry the conspiracy guy's quest line about people with blue eyes who took him away. Who were lizard men from Alpha Centauri, who pretend to be people, but they are something else.

I think Garry was onto the same exact organization that Mr. Blue Eyes was part of and may have been called "Alpha Centauri" as some have suggested.

Remember this from Trailer:
1621592525734.png

Could it be that there are actual physical AI beings who've already reached in this world, but that CDPR didn't want to put them in game yet? So it's likely the expansions could potentially explore more about this AI takeover or independence that they seem to be fighting for.

Of course these people could be just earlier drafts from what Maelstrom would look like... But they seem like robots to me, pale and bald as Delamain.

1621584825164.png

2. Alt Cunningham (AI God)
Name Cunningham means "achieving one's ends by deceit", so perhaps this is a hint that she influenced V somehow to gain access to Mikoshi. I was earlier suggesting that it could have been Alt who altered Johnny's memories to hate Arasaka. Alt reveals to V that Johnny's memories are twisted and that he was the reason for Alt's passing away, not Arasaka. Was V mislead to take steps against Arasaka? Outside of suicide ending, every other ending leads you to upload yourself into Mikoshi, so this could be a key moment of something radical changing.

Once you enter Mikoshi, she'll quote Sailing to Byzantium by W.B. Yeats
"Once out of nature I shall never take, my bodily form from any natural thing. But such a form of Grecian goldsmiths make of hammered gold and gold enameling to keep a drowsy emperor awake or set upon a golden bough to sing. To lords and ladies of Byzantium of what is past, or passing, or to come."

But if you check the previous passage it reads:
"O sages standing in God’s holy fire
As in the gold mosaic of a wall,
Come from the holy fire, perne in a gyre,
And be the singing-masters of my soul.
Consume my heart away; sick with desire
And fastened to a dying animal
It knows not what it is; and gather me

Into the artifice of eternity."

I don't know about you but this poem (when cited in this universe) seems to be touching a lot of these ideas of some sort of evolution of human species into this collection of knowledge and wisdom. And once out of nature (like living in Cyberspace) she won't ever take a natural bodily form from any natural being, this could mean that she's not the one taking the minds of these people in Mr. Blue Eyes organization. She's talking about form of Grecian goldsmiths, so potentially this glowing material body was designed to keep Saburo Arasaka awake, having a new body for him. There's also talks about taking the heart away from people which are sick from desires (weaknesses), tied into this dying human being. So could she be talking about releasing humans from their desired by joining into this greater being that she's achieving to become?

It was Alt Cunningham's sole desire to reach Mikoshi and assimilate the souls into her.

1621586007206.png

3. V's origin (CyberEvolved)

I was doing research about the possible conspiracies and events that could lead to DLC, when something very odd hit me when listening radio station.

In Short: Carbon Plague was 50 years ago, an event that killed all the adults it touched, left a ton of orphan kids behind. People eventually grew up and started developing abilities that shouldn't be possible. "Mind-reading. Hacking without a deck. Telekinesis. Literal comic book stuff.", nothing is really known about what happened with the kids. Did corporation take hold of them... or did they break out?

Remember in early demos when they showed hacking? You had to manually connect a cable into the neural socket of enemies, V was swinging a cable to gain remote access to them.

They later reworked the system, allowing V to remotely connect into neural sockets of enemies and hack them without any wires.

According to Maximum Mike in the podcast, this should be impossible.

I was always thinking it's rather odd that you could just remotely hack into someone else. Why would anyone buy implants if they are such a security risk? In the beginning, you gained virus from early mission from Sandra Dorsett, where you had to manually attach cable to.

Sure, in game there exists Quickhacks, but all what the enemies use is Overheat, which could just be simple burst of radiowaves intent to damage your implants, and not necessarily hack you.

Could it be that more complex and more advanced spikes aren't normally possible, especially by remote, and things like "Cyberpsychosis" Quickhack are actually abilities that shouldn't be possible to hack remotely?

A lot of people don't know, but there is a sequel to Cyberpunk 2020 called Cybergeneration, in which there are CyberEvolved beings with abilities like... "Augmented computer-hacking powers".

If you listen the dates, Maximum Mike (aka. Mike Pondsmith) seems to accurately reflect on events that took in 2020(cyberpunk 2020) and 2027(cybergeneration) tabletop games, and he talks about "what happened to these kids?"

Now, could it be that V is special kid who grew up with this talent for hacking, which you can evolve by advancing V's intelligence level?

How much is really known about V's childhood? Only a vague reference of Johnny where he mentions that he's had dreams about V's past. But it could be that he's a descendant of CyberEvolved being. Perhaps V's parents got killed by corporations, leaving V to live on the streets and surviving. Supposedly V's age is 27 years old, meaning that V could likely be descendant of kids with special abilities from 50 years ago.

Why is his/her name V to begin with?

I mean sure it makes some practical sense, less dialogue need to be written and he/she does mention that his/her real name is Vincent or Valerie based on gender.

But there's no surname? He/she never talks what happened to his/her family.

Could it be that V's parents were special kids from the 2020 accident, who had to hide V when company (Arasaka) came and stole V's parents.

If you start the game as Nomad, V takes clan tag from the shirt saying "Bakkers", if you look at the wiki or observe in the opening, that specific clan no longer exists and is wiped out. Could it be that they were V's "parents" in a way. Adopting him/her when he/she was young? From where? Was V wondering in outskirts of Night City and the clan saw an opportunity to help him/her?

Street Kid opening you've been living in Night City your entire life and clearly have grown from there since very beginning, perhaps having no adult to check over you.

In Corpo opening, perhaps V has been owned by Arasaka his/her entire life but by some mysterious reason got thrown out which wasn't fully explained. Perhaps it was V accepting the bribe and going with the plan. Perhaps Arasaka doesn't really know who V is either, and just treated him/her like a normal human being and threw him/her out the second they found one flaw.

Last edited:
I was always thinking it's rather odd that you could just remotely hack into someone else. Why would anyone buy implants if they are such a security risk? In the beginning, you gained virus from early mission from Sandra Dorsett, where you had to manually attach cable to.
Hackers could hack Smartphones thank to WIFI ? Yet you still have one, isn't it ?
And for Personal link, V talk about it, when you must enter in the Clouds. It's very risky to use it on Unsafe connection ("A malware could attack my core, after it's...").

For the rest, I wait for futur DLCs.
(for Alt, everybody know my opinion about her. And for Mr Blue Eyes, it's praticely sure, i will be in futur content).

Hackers could hack Smartphones thank to WIFI ? Yet you still have one, isn't it ?
In early days it was possible to hack computer just using a website, because there was very poor browser protection from malicious users.
A hacker could write a script to download a file into computer containing commands for the user interface to execute and launch it.

Nowadays with the advancement of security procedures and removing features like Flash, these problems have been solved, and in fact Google actually pays for people to hack their browser if they could find vulnerability.

Not saying that vulnerabilities don't exist but they're constantly shrinking them.

In Cyberpunk it goes the opposite way (strangely) where Cyberpsychos seem to be occurring more regularly than before, which would go against advancement in cybernetics.

It could of course be that there's an giant growth happening in AI intelligence that is able to surpass the protections set up by the manufacturers, but if V was just a regular person, he/she clearly wouldn't be able to keep up with the growth of technology and soon lack the ability to to hack people. Granted, the more advanced enemies he fights (as the game progresses) the more RAM is required to hacking them... so yeah, perhaps there's an argument to make that V isn't able to keep up.

But lets assume V is able to keep up with the technology, and he/she clearly isn't super AI which has capabilities far beyond human. Only thing left to explain the abilities could be that he/she is offspring of the CyberEvolved people.

I think there's highly likely some super AI who's testing mind control of regular human being, which causes the Cyberpsychosis on people, and it could even be that Cyberpunk sequel or DLC you will be fighting a "zombie apocalypse" of sorts where everyone who has implants is being subjugated by this AI.

And I think Alt Cunningham, with gaining access to Mikoshi could be what gives this massive spike that finally makes her able to take complete control over humans.

Who would be left to fight her, or whoever takes control? Maybe V got somehow immune to hacking with him/her separating from Johnny, maybe this could be the power of the Relic. Maybe it could be that the relic is able to control physical world somehow.

If you look this part

You can see Johnny moving a chair in real world... but people just assumed that perhaps it was already there and V is just hallucinating Johnny moving it. Perhaps it was V who moved it with Johnny's influence. And it's not like this was some mistake. They could have easily had the chair already in front of V when he sat down. They hand crafted this animation of Johnny grasping a chair and moving it in real world.

And I'm not only one who noticed this:
https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-unanswered-questions/
"So, how does he move objects in the environment? During one of his early conversations with V, Johnny grabs a piece of refuse and sits on it like a stool. Shouldn't he have just phased through it, though? How can a hallucination affect something that's actually there?"

I wonder if there's more to V being psychic after all... and that Relic is really what is going to be able to control V's abilities.

Last edited:
I briefly touched on some of these on my "Will there be Eve 'Smasher' in the works?" topic.

But I'd quickly want to summarize the biggest mysteries of Night City, not some small scale squabbles with gangs, but something that might later become DLC content.

Everything below will be MAJOR, MAJOR spoilers to those who haven't done the quests or found out about these with their own investigation.

View attachment 11219468
1. Mr. Blue Eyes (and his organization).

There's an expertly run operation behind the scenes of some of the biggest plots, where someone (potentially an AI) has been taking over citizens and maintaining them on a constant connection in order to control them.

Mr. Blue Eyes can be witnessed in the Jefferson Peralez quest line, where you find out that individuals have been mind controlled and their behaviors changed. When the game ends Mr. Blue Eyes is having a chat with you in Afterlife and you'll be send on a mission to Crystal Palace, Space Station for very selected group of people. In the Data Shard regarding Crystal Palace there's a mention how "a gigantic space station is catering to the top one percent" this would be a group of super highly influential people, possibly even higher level of power and influence than what Saburo Arasaka was. And Mr. Blue Eyes clearly has set eyes on reaching for their influence one way or another.

It's likely that his group that makes these mind controls, is not part of the 1%, the elite, and instead is part of something else. My biggest guess is that this is a rogue AI who seeks to take control of world resources.

There's also mention in Garry the conspiracy guy's quest line about people with blue eyes who took him away. Who were lizard men from Alpha Centauri, who pretend to be people, but they are something else.

I think Garry was onto the same exact organization that Mr. Blue Eyes was part of.

View attachment 11219471

2. Alt Cunningham (AI God)
Name Cunningham means "achieving one's ends by deceit", so perhaps this is a hint that she influenced V somehow to gain access to Mikoshi. I was earlier suggesting that it could have been Alt who altered Johnny's memories to hate Arasaka. Alt reveals to V that Johnny's memories are twisted and that he was the reason for Alt's passing away, not Arasaka. Was V mislead to take steps against Arasaka? Outside of suicide ending, every other ending leads you to upload yourself into Mikoshi, so this could be a key moment of something radical changing.

Once you enter Mikoshi, she'll quote Sailing to Byzantium by W.B. Yeats
"Once out of nature I shall never take, my bodily form from any natural thing. But such a form of Grecian goldsmiths make of hammered gold and gold enameling to keep a drowsy emperor awake or set upon a golden bough to sing. To lords and ladies of Byzantium of what is past, or passing, or to come."

But if you check the previous passage it reads:
"O sages standing in God’s holy fire
As in the gold mosaic of a wall,
Come from the holy fire, perne in a gyre,
And be the singing-masters of my soul.
Consume my heart away; sick with desire
And fastened to a dying animal
It knows not what it is; and gather me
Into the artifice of eternity."

I don't know about you but this poem (when cited in this universe) seems to be touching a lot of these ideas of some sort of evolution of human species into this collection of knowledge and wisdom. And once out of nature (like living in Cyberspace) she won't ever take a natural bodily form from any natural being, this could mean that she's not the one taking the minds of these people in Mr. Blue Eyes organization. She's talking about form of Grecian goldsmiths, so potentially this glowing material body was designed to keep Saburo Arasaka awake, having a new body for him. There's also talks about taking the heart away from people which are sick from desires (weaknesses), tied into this dying human being. So could she be talking about releasing humans from their desired by joining into this greater being that she's achieving to become?

It was Alt Cunningham's sole desire to reach Mikoshi and assimilate the souls into her.

View attachment 11219474
3. V's origin

I was doing research about the possible conspiracies and events that could lead to DLC, when something very odd hit me when listening radio station.

In Short: Carbon Plague was 50 years ago, an event that killed all the adults it touched, left a ton of orphan kids behind. People eventually grew up and started developing abilities that shouldn't be possible. "Mind-reading. Hacking without a deck. Telekinesis. Literal comic book stuff.", nothing is really known about what happened with the kids. Did corporation take hold of them... or did they break out?

Remember in early demos when they showed hacking? You had to manually connect a cable into the neural socket of enemies, V was swinging a cable to gain remote access to them.

They later reworked the system, allowing V to remotely connect into neural sockets of enemies and hack them without any wires.

According to Maximum Mike in the podcast, this should be impossible.

Sure, in game there exists Quickhacks, but all what the enemies use is Overheat, which could just be simple burst of radiowaves intent to damage your implants, and not necessarily hack you.

Could it be that more complex and more advanced spikes aren't normally possible, especially by remote, and things like "Cyberpsychosis" Quickhack are actually abilities that shouldn't be possible to hack remotely?

A lot of people don't know, but there is a sequel to Cyberpunk 2020 called Cybergeneration, in which there are CyberEvolved beings with abilities like... "Augmented computer-hacking powers".

Now, could it be that V is special kid who grew up with this talent for hacking, which you can evolve by advancing V's intelligence level?

How much is really known about V's childhood? Only a vague reference of Johnny where he mentions that he's had dreams about V's past. But it could be that he's a descendant of CyberEvolved being. Perhaps V's parents got killed by corporations, leaving V to live on the streets and surviving. Supposedly V's age is 27 years old, meaning that V could likely be descendant of kids with special abilities from 50 years ago.
In early days it was possible to hack computer just using a website, because there was very poor browser protection from malicious users.
A hacker could write a script to download a file into computer containing commands for the user interface to execute and launch it.

Nowadays with the advancement of security procedures and removing features like Flash, these problems have been solved, and in fact Google actually pays for people to hack their browser if they could find vulnerability.

Not saying that vulnerabilities don't exist but they're constantly shrinking them.

In Cyberpunk it goes the opposite way (strangely) where Cyberpsychos seem to be occurring more regularly than before, which would go against advancement in cybernetics.

It could of course be that there's an giant growth happening in AI intelligence that is able to surpass the protections set up by the manufacturers, but if V was just a regular dude, he clearly wouldn't be able to keep up with the growth of technology and soon lack the ability to to hack people. Granted, the more advanced enemies he fights (as the game progresses) the more RAM is required to hacking them... so yeah, perhaps there's an argument to make that V isn't able to keep up.

But lets assume V is able to keep up with the technology, and he clearly isn't super AI which has capabilities far beyond human. Only thing left to explain his abilities could be that he's offspring of the CyberEvolved people.
Since we are speculating don't take anything as a hard statement on my side since CDPR might decide to write stuff and change settings,but based on cp2020,cpred,cp2077 i would say.
1)Alt character was written like 30 years ago, the surname is scotish origin(clan) and common in Ireland. Not very surprising that a character in US has a surname of Irish roots(you can check US story,and the syrname in scotish gaelic doesn't sound that impressive "milk pail village"),so any theory surname based doesn't seem very solid. You can even check cpred for some hints about Alt motivations and "Ghost towns" and Netwatch and the "Black Wall".
2) The hacking mechanic,for me is a cdpr oversimplification of the mechanic. It was intended to follow cpred implementation,but that required 1st a physical network connection to perform intrusion and then hacking can run in "admin" mode remotely, i think that they realized that then netrunner build would be less practical...CPRED works because is team based,not single player.
3) As far as I know,"Cybergenerations" was non-canon anymore for CPRED (rtalsorian even list it as a separate game line), i would say that is kind of "hardwired" and "when gravity fails" supplements if cp2020 that provide alternate cyberpunk worlds independent of main CP line.Max Mike radio broadcast could be a hint or just use some non-canon lore to build a "conspiracy theory"...that fits a lot into Cyberpunk to hear unconfirmed rumours and a broadcast "free" of corporate influence,like in real world "pirate radios"(there is one in my town actually).
4) For MBE identity,relationship with other questlines etc no firm opinion,better wait and see. I would find strange focus on it,since I think only appears on a side-quest and a optional ending but is something that with good writing is solvable.

I wonder if there's more to V being psychic after all... and that Relic is really what is going to be able to control V's abilities.
Case 1: V sees Johnny as a hallucination and we see everything through V's eyes.
Case 2: when V is very weak or uses the special pills Johnny takes control and can move objects through V's body.

I praticaly sure, all the actual phones linked to the net (no matter the brand or the model) can be hacked directly via WIFI (us, the mortal common, don't have access at the security level for avoid that) ;)
For example, like you said, those that Google pays could most certainly extract all the data from your phone without you realizing it :)

V was born 2054 making her/him 22/23 year old....
I do have to agree, odd that V has no surname, nor any mention to direct family past. Just small things like the men Valerie dated, and one she loved.

With street kid path V just returned from living in Atlanta for 2 years, according to in game dialog.

Corpo V, was in Arasaka about the same amount of time. (though I am going by memory) based on her performance review on her terminal. Basically: really good at getting things done, ( a small number of operations) but difficult to control.

Alt recites a different poem depending what ending you do. As someone else pointed out; Alt (Altiera Cunningham) is her name and that is pretty much to it. As for Johnny, he was railing against Arasaka long before Alt became an AI. V relives Johnny's memories long before she meets Alt (AI) even tries to defend Johnny only be told it was a distorted perception than actual events.

I think there's no surname because V can be any ethnicity, so they make it blurred

Vincent/Valerie is always called V can be interpreted as Vincent/Valerie "V" {surname} (nomad/street kid) or Agent V (corpo).
But why he/she hides his/her name almost all the time? "Vincent" and "Valerie" aren't unique names. I'm wondering whether his/her real name will be displayed when scanning V from the perspective of NPCs, or it's just V. A similar situation is Dum Dum, it sounds very unlike his real name, but only "Dum Dum" will be displayed when scanning him, there's also didn't mention his real name

I'm pretty sure the all white guys from the trailer are the Arasaka ninjas that chase you and Goro when he helps you at first. Chasing you on the motorcycles and shit.

Top Bottom