weapon appreciation thread...

+
I've played a lot of "shooters" and thought I would voice my comparison of CP77 to my typical experiences
------------ experience vs CP77 -----------------
Shotguns feel like their shooting gravel at best...CP77 truly feels correct, both in damage and range

Assault Rifles usually takes a whole mag to kill 1 target and auto fire spays everywhere...CP77 each round has effective damage and full auto is comfortably controllable

Tech weapons... most games limit or have no ability to shoot through cover ...CP77 all hail the achilles and burya. ... through any cover at anytime

grenades usually feels like throwing snowballs ....CP77 not only are they deadly but the diversity is really a joy inducing feature

pistols mostly seam to me a deterrent ( stay back while I re-load ) ...CP77 you can design you whole play through not only round pistols but even a specific type because of their effectiveness

I've had a lot of game experience and considerable real life experience with a variety of different firearms and it's really enjoyable to finally play a game that actually
presents these weapons so well as compared to so many other games that look and sound right but shoot cotton balls or the bullets go everywhere except where you aimed...so thanks CDPR ....CP77 isn't perfect but you really got this right :D

I never really use firearms, France indeed (shotgun that matters ?), I never played too much "shooters", except BD3 that I have played a lot. But yes, i really enjoy the weapons in Cyberpunk, it feel really great :)

I mostly use katana... but would like to have an 'Assassin' or 'Blade Master' build where I can use two bladed weapons at same time, one for each hand...and animations to match...but I do like to explore the ranged weapons too...not that impressed with the 'smart' guns...prefer the old skool type of pistol, sub, assault rifle, shotguns and sniper and all those seem to be quite fun but too bad you cannot really customise the external appearance when you add weapon mods or upgrade. I'd like to see some high tech crossbows and 'Batman' style kit for V, abseiling, zipline launchers, and 'ninja' weaponry with a tech element added.

MOST of all I'd like someone to make a working lightsabre mod with the variable colours and the realistic sounds and effects just as I have long enjoyed in Skyrim mods.. my absolute favourite weapon of choice!

Last edited:
Depending on how I play; melee (Black Unicorn katana), long-range (Psalm 11.6). I seldom use pistols after getting a rifle. For enjoyment I use my Black Unicorn, and with the added use of charged leg-jumpers... Mmmmm!!! So, basically I began using pistols starting playing the game, but found later melee using my preferred katana (my precious) much more to my taste.

I am actually really pleased that the humble (power) SMG can be a very powerful weapon in Cyberpunk 2077. There aren't that many games that I've played where SMGs don't just become completely irrelevant after unlocking an AR or similar type weapon. The rigging for my favourites (Shigure and Saratoga) is a bit off, (along with the Shigure's suppressor) but their designs are pretty good (I do love vertical foregrips on my firearms). The "HK slap" animation for quickly reloading when a magazine is fully spent is also pretty good, it helps add to the feel of my Valerie being a trained tactical operator.

I really like them to :)
Especially Fenrir and Solver. No need to talk about Prototype Mark V, it is way too powerful.
(Solver is really insane "Remove all safety and reason by firing almost 1000 rounds per minute")

Sadly, no legendary version (with additional effect) of the SMG that you have on the screenshot :(
No such thing as 'to powerful'. I hope they won't nerf the Mark V !!

I would love to use a sword that wasn't a katana. I'm not gonna pretend like they aren't cool as they have a lot of rich history. However there are so many swords I'd rather have. Luckily for me... I really like the weird rectangular makeshift looking machete. The kukri is also a really nice addition. I'd love to a a machete or a kukri with a similar skin to the thermal katana but I highly doubt they will get that same love. Oh well... I've always preferred gorilla arms anyways... I've whined too much though. This is an appreciation thread, not a cry baby thread.

I really appreciate what tech and smart weapons bring to the table. Some people will say smart weapons make the game too easy. I love smart weapons. They remove the need for skill which is nothing but awesome in my opinion. I would think though... smart weapons would probably have their own unique ammo yeah? Once the bullet is shot from the gun... how does it know where to go afterwards if the bullet itself is just a regular bullet? Actually... that's a whole can of worms I don't wanna open right now. Pretend I didn't say this...

I love smart weapons... a hardcare 'git gud' gamer might complain they make the game too easy, but realistically that's the point... Most people would want any advantage they could get. Especially if their life was on the line.

Tech weapons... these things shoot through light cover. If a gang member is hiding behind a concrete barricade, why wait for him to jump out and surprise shoot at you when you can shoot first and get the surprise on him.

Then power weapons ricochet. That's cool. Not as cool as the other two but I appreciate it as well.

Gorilla arms and quickhacks are my bread and butter. I love them too much. Punch someone's face into a bowl. Then fry their synapse like the cold blooded killer you are, or use short shortcircuit to prove me wrong... Personally... I like non-lethal quickhacks too. Dont be ashamed to admit it... its okay. *hugs*.

Shotguns spray. I love them. I'd love pistols more if you could hold them with one hand and maybe a knife in the other. I'm betting some of you guys wanna go John Wick and have two pistols. Personally I prefer the aesthetic of either a knife in the other hand or simply an empty hand... I'm complaining again. Sowwy... I rarely use guns. When I do it's either gonna be a shotgun or a pistol. Love em...

Theres a few guns I didn't mention... assault rifle... sniper rifle... I don't use these guns but I can still appreciate them too...

JS.png

RT-46.png

ktana.png

CRnge.png

These are very satisfying :cool:

I wish the snipers had more range , the scopes don't have enough zoom to truly standoff and pick'em off

"WEAPON APPRECIATION THREAD..."

Really love the Grad sniper rifle's firing sound, and its reload sequence. Also love how big and long they are.
Like the heavy miniguns too, but wished it's rate of fire was a lot higher. Seems to slowdown during heavy loads on the game. Also wished it came with a giant ammo backpack like Chris' in RE5.
Love how the power pistols look when equipped with a scope and silencer.

Really love the Grad sniper rifle's firing sound, and its reload sequence. Also love how big and long they are.
Yep they look awesome (we feel the power) :)
Best one for me (sorry Panam), it's O'Five.
Too devastating !
it reminds me of a sentence (some could recognize it) :
"If you need to shoot more than one bullet, it's because you don't use a Jakobs weapon"

Last edited:
Weapon appreciation.
Okay, that will be very easy. :)

I love with a passion to the following weapons (not specifically in the order hiven, nor if its the legendary or iconic specifically.

* SPT32 Grad Sniper Rifle
a.k.a. the portable tankgun. No need to say more. Its ability to also shoot through light cover makes it somewhat of a power/tech hybrid
* Ashura Smart Sniper Rifle
With smart link enabled. Nothing like self-guided stealthy one-shot weapons, Haha.
* Nekomata Tech Sniper Rifle
Specifically in the early stages of the game before the (for me) eventual transition to use the Grad, the Nekomata feels like its notorious for its ability to shoot through cover. Together with its chargeability its exceptionally good fun to blast enemies in the face that litterally have no los at you and think they are safe behind cover.
* Fenrir SMG (specifically)
More so shoot to damage its shoot to burn. Damn this weapon has amazing burn effects to make this SMG something else.
* Devided We Stand Smart Assault Rifle/Prototype: Shingen Mk V Smart SMG
Yes I know, one's smart assault rifle and the other is an SMG, but damn. Similar to Ashura the smart weapons are fucking amazing. The Shingen Prototype, while being burst restricted have good damage, and with DWS you just unload a clip and observe. Awesome weapons
* Mk31 HMG.
Its not the most impressive damage-wise. But it still is essentially a minigun that has huge splash zone effect combined with semi explosive rounds. Whats not to like.

There are no doubt some more weapons I could adress, but these are without a doubt my favourites.

[Edit] shame on me! Forgot Nekomata.

Last edited:

"WEAPON APPRECIATION THREAD..."

Like the heavy miniguns too, but wished it's rate of fire was a lot higher. Seems to slowdown during heavy loads on the game. Also wished it came with a giant ammo backpack like Chris' in RE5.
Love how the power pistols look when equipped with a scope and silencer.
mini guns ? where?

Top Bottom