is there a " hold breath " option for sniper rifles?

+
the sway is..... abnoxcious and im missing more shots then id ever have. am i missing something? Is there a hold breath option to briefly pause swaying?

the sway + fully charged shot = miss

with all the upper-arm cyberwares, none of them help you steady your hand.

Actually the sway is a lot more realistic. With a real gun you are never 100% steady. You can sort of time the shot to the sway and get better results, but I like that there are no "guaranteed" shots. If they added bullet drop at distance it would be even more realistic and a real skill challenge.

Well actually it's not. In real life, you can hold your breath to decrease movement. But also in real life, you can go prone and be really steady with hardly any sway. I myself can hit a person-sized target at 500 yards with an m4a1 and an m16a4 this is with just a 4x optic. This game having this much sway at 40 meters is stupid as really unrealistic. Thats on top of the fact they have cybernetic implants that could create movement and gyro stabilizers to make sway zero but they don't.

"IS THERE A " HOLD BREATH " OPTION FOR SNIPER RIFLES?"

Look for a weapon mod called, Countermass. That one's a must-have.

try countermass - or used the smart sniper called "Ashura".
It's as good as tech weapon because bullets auto hit the head and arc over cover most of the time on their way to the enemies head. so instead of firing through walls you are just arcing bullets over obstacles with the smart rifle. Also with legendary smart link cyberware from Vik you get bonuses to crit on smart weapons to make dps comparable to tech.

try countermass - or used the smart sniper called "Ashura".
It's as good as tech weapon because bullets auto hit the head and arc over cover most of the time on their way to the enemies head. so instead of firing through walls you are just arcing bullets over obstacles with the smart rifle. Also with legendary smart link cyberware from Vik you get bonuses to crit on smart weapons to make dps comparable to tech.
I only recently tried out some of the smart weapons for the first time. Among them: Devided We Stand, Prototype Shingen 'digits' and Ashura.
Installed that Tyger Claw tribal tattoo and boy... Has my weapon loadout changed heavily from my old go-to weapon types.
My current loadout for all playthroughs is currently transitioning to
* Smart Assault Rifle (or iconic when acquired)
* Ashura (legendary version from specs.)
* SPT32 Grad (or Overwatch when acquired)
* Potential for cyberware blades.

And in that order ;)

There is a special effect for "looted" (container) power weapons who could be good ;)
Translation from French :
"50% weapon sway reduction"

Special effect for looted weapon (like 2 bullets pet shot on tech weapon), it's not a mod ;)
Reduce the sway effect when aiming

With vertical recoil reduction (mod + cyberware).
-On a Grad (legendary avaible during "disaster piece", lvl 30+ for legendary).
-On Ajax with descent scop (On Woodman "Ex-Factor" or in 3 GIGs, lvl 34+)
With lot of reloads (and luck), you can have that effect on legendary power weapon.

I have that on Legendary Ajax with silencer, pretty good :)

Last edited:
I only recently tried out some of the smart weapons for the first time. Among them: Devided We Stand, Prototype Shingen 'digits' and Ashura.
Installed that Tyger Claw tribal tattoo and boy... Has my weapon loadout changed heavily from my old go-to weapon types.
My current loadout for all playthroughs is currently transitioning to
* Smart Assault Rifle (or iconic when acquired)
* Ashura (legendary version from specs.)
* SPT32 Grad (or Overwatch when acquired)
* Potential for cyberware blades.

And in that order ;)

Stats may vary and I was playing with some mods from nexus with nerfs to damage and also enemy level upscaling and 5x health multiplier on enemies but endgame I had 80% crit chance (before situational perks), 260% crit damage and 12x!!! headshot damage multiplier on Legendary Ashura (smart) rifle - which also guarantees consistent headshot to targets because it is smart - out of stealth still one shot gonks even at 5x health pool scale, as you invest in perks in the assault tree for sniping.

Vik ripperdoc sells some really nice required cyberware to min max so pay him off! - Legendary Smart Link for arms so you get like another +25% crit damage on smart weapons, as well as he has mods for your kiroshi optics for another +5% crit chance and a really nice one of +50% to headshot damage - to get up to those numbers.

Favorite safe strat: Breach Protocol->Cyberpsychosis-> start sniping enemies as they are distracted killing each other, and apply debuffs/ blindness more hacks if someone notices you and gets too close and starts shooting at you.

I would like to add the fact that there is {one more time} a counterfeit of the {Barrett M99 rifle}. in N.C. with such a weapon, I much prefer an equally lethal caliber; the 223R modified [...] subsonic.
no recoil of the weapon, power and precision. Furthermore; it is hidden very easily.

I thought the sniper riffles in this game were silly but I just got one in RES Evil Village and the dam scope only gets you what seems like 6 inches closer view!!??

Even Fallout 4 had better scopes. Longest shot I remember ever making made in Fallout 4 was while on top of a building and shot a giant insect (so about the size of a man) from about a mile away.

I am trying to remember games with what felt like real strong scopes and it seems it is only the combat games like COD. So I guess it has a lot to do with processing things WAY off in the distance in a game? Thus making it hard to have "impressive" sniper riffles when you cannot process the game too far away from the player.

Game on rails like COD has more limited world but can be processed down a "tunnel" of space/terrain I suppose.
Post automatically merged:

Here we go (nice example):

RES Evil Village:

Last edited:
Holding your breath will make your aim less steady. It is an overused game mechanic. You should gently exhale as you squeeze the trigger.

Actually in real life you do 'hold your breath', but not like in video games as it's over exaggerated. IRL when shooting at distance you don't fire while exhaling you fire either when you are the top of your breath or or bottom (fully exhaled ) and in that brief moment of 'hold your breath' (not really it's just you stopped exhaling / inhaling for less than a second), BAM. This is because while you are breathing in or out, even as slow as you can your chest cavity is moving which will move your shoulders making you, and your barrel, move ever so slightly and in the long range can mean big misses. Firing at the very top, or very bottom of a breath in that split second you are as steady as possible.

You can tell most of the cdpr crew has never shot a real gun in their lives lol

Not their fault, they do not live in the USA! :p

That is a joke, contrary to what a lot of anti gun people would tell you most of the rest of the first world's population has "handled" a gun more than ours do "per capita". Except maybe Australia and Japan...

Top Bottom