The Wasteland... areas beyond the city

+
I had a thought the other day.

Cyberpunk 2020 had supplaments that covered just about every country, as well as space. I always enjoyed playing games based in the UK, (mainly so I could describe how bad things are in my own backyard,) as well as Japan and Russia.

I would love to see various methods of travel that could link to other sates in the US, (Dirigible, Maglev and Interstate Highway,) and abroad, (Ship or Aircraft.)
I wouldn't expect CDPR to recreate the entire world, (though it would be a hell of a feat...) but I think that allowing the modding community to take a stab at it or perhaps releasing DLC's with such content would be amazing.

Opinions?

No one has an opinion on this?

No one wants to see other locations besides Night City or even countries other than the US represented? (The wasteland not withstanding.)

No one has an opinion on this?

No one wants to see other locations besides Night City or even countries other than the US represented? (The wasteland not withstanding.)

Might be asking a bit much... even as DLC for it to be done right....

I mean we definitely want more story, and more room to run around in, just not sure if other states are necessary to focus on, as it would either be more wasteland/rural areas, or other giant cities....

I mean, it would be awesome, but as much as we love to speculate, and as big as we are hoping nightcity is, and as much as we want diverse wastelands/rural areas outside the city... we don't really have a clue if we are just pissing in the wind or if this is something CDPR are even taking into consideration...

As long as the city itself, and at least some surrounding area as nomad stomping grounds are included, then sure I am up for anything, but obviously I want to focus more on the first two, before even thinking about adding something as massive as another city, much less multiple states...

Might be asking a bit much... even as DLC for it to be done right....

I mean we definitely want more story, and more room to run around in, just not sure if other states are necessary to focus on, as it would either be more wasteland/rural areas, or other giant cities....

I mean, it would be awesome, but as much as we love to speculate, and as big as we are hoping nightcity is, and as much as we want diverse wastelands/rural areas outside the city... we don't really have a clue if we are just pissing in the wind or if this is something CDPR are even taking into consideration...

As long as the city itself, and at least some surrounding area as nomad stomping grounds are included, then sure I am up for anything, but obviously I want to focus more on the first two, before even thinking about adding something as massive as another city, much less multiple states...

Agreed. CDPR should focus on Night City and its Wasteland. If there will be any sequels, then we can talk about that again.

In Witcher 2 they released free DLCs later, and I imagine they may do this with Cyberpunk as well, but not DLC about completely other countries or cities.

Which is why I made the point about future development and the modding community.

These facilities ate already a part of Night City and I was curious about peoples opinions about giving them a higher function in future content.

Which is why I made the point about future development and the modding community.

These facilities ate already a part of Night City and I was curious about peoples opinions about giving them a higher function in future content.

i am sure modder will create some crazy shit in the game.....

CDPR stated Cyberpunk takes place all over the world, but the primary location will be Night City. By taking place 'all over the world', they could mean that story events outside Night City are chronicled. Personally I think it's doubtful we'll go anywhere else.

I think the odds aren't bad there will be a scene or too, perhaps the intro, outside Night City. In a contained environment, probably.

I really hope the out side city areas are not a waste land. One of my hopes is that they have the out side areas take place in a jungle setting. Wastelands will make me think of fallout, and I love fall out. I'm not playing this game to play another fallout, because I can do that any time.

I really hope the out side city areas are not a waste land. One of my hopes is that they have the out side areas take place in a jungle setting. Wastelands will make me think of fallout, and I love fall out. I'm not playing this game to play another fallout, because I can do that any time.

I've said this, but apparently the lore in 2077 doesn't agree.

Well, Fallout is really Borderlands..or maybe Morrowind? Spec Ops?

It's possible there is more to Fallout and Cyberpunk than just wastelands and desert. I don't mean terrain. That, too.

The areas outside Night City - and most cities - are a mixture of climates and living models. No, they aren't jungle - it's Northern California in 20(77) not the Pleistocene. Unless it is jungle by 2077 somehow..anyway.

When we say "wasteland" we generally mean the nearly-lawless areas outside cities and corporate enclaves, the occasional secured and very rare smaller town that is still sustainable, what safe areas the "civilized" nomads provide, that sort of thing.

You do get a lot of dustbowl and desert, because California - (forests and agricultural and water) = desert. But you also get great agrifarms, CHOOH2 being grown under secured domes, locked-down research/development facilities, lots and lots and lots of highways and the few hardy souls that run supply services, HiWay cops who keep the law on the road and those they protect, survivalist enclaves, etc.

So, no, it's not all one giant desert.

Well, Fallout is really Borderlands..or maybe Morrowind? Spec Ops?

It's possible there is more to Fallout and Cyberpunk than just wastelands and desert. I don't mean terrain. That, too.

The areas outside Night City - and most cities - are a mixture of climates and living models. No, they aren't jungle - it's Northern California in 20(77) not the Pleistocene. Unless it is jungle by 2077 somehow..anyway.

When we say "wasteland" we generally mean the nearly-lawless areas outside cities and corporate enclaves, the occasional secured and very rare smaller town that is still sustainable, what safe areas the "civilized" nomads provide, that sort of thing.

You do get a lot of dustbowl and desert, because California - (forests and agricultural and water) = desert. But you also get great agrifarms, CHOOH2 being grown under secured domes, locked-down research/development facilities, lots and lots and lots of highways and the few hardy souls that run supply services, HiWay cops who keep the law on the road and those they protect, survivalist enclaves, etc.

So, no, it's not all one giant desert.

good explanation

I'm hoping CDPR does a site survey (or at least uses Google Earth) to take a look at the area surrounding where Night City would be.

For those concerned, might not be a bad idea for them to do, as well, to get an idea of what that part of Northern California looks like.

And then to WARP HELL OUT OF IT! MUWAHAHHAHAH!

Enviro catastrophe, massive die-offs, sinister red-lit facilities, for-profit prisons, ( oh, wait you have that now..) All sorts of 2020 fun things!

for-profit prisons, ( oh, wait you have that now..)
Hmmm...

I think California may have the greatest number of state-run prisons in the country (30+), and not counting Federal penitentaries with that.

I wonder what would've happened to all those prisons, come '77?

I had a thought the other day.

Cyberpunk 2020 had supplaments that covered just about every country, as well as space. I always enjoyed playing games based in the UK, (mainly so I could describe how bad things are in my own backyard,) as well as Japan and Russia.

Just snip down to this line, just for the part on UK. I don't know if I posted about it yet. But all of Europe in 2020 is considered a continent sized fortress. And to get in into the main Euro-mega cities depends on who you are. From about a year or more for tourists to just a couple hours for VIPs and proper citizens. Or something to that effect.

As for Japan and Russia and all the sits in Pac Rim, have to look up the Pacific Rim source book for them.

Second post about the rest of America....or what's left of it.

Like Chicago's most of a wasteland with being hit by a bio-plague in 2012 killing 1,700
Food riots in Denver in 2010, 52 died then.
Colorado Springs had a "rock" dropped on it in 2008 cause "euros" and "yanks" just couldn't get along.
In 2000 there were Millennium Cults killing themselves and anyone near them, a Massive Firestorm that took out the Northwest US and a Wasting Plagues that took out hundreds of thousands.
And the 4 years prior saw the US in Cyberpunk 2020 degrade further and further where it's not the US you know and love.
Heck, you can't even call it the United States of America in the Cyberpunk world without getting laughed at or shot.

And this is just a small part of what's hit the US, that's not counting the rest of the world which just ain't pretty anymore.

Just snip down to this line, just for the part on UK. I don't know if I posted about it yet. But all of Europe in 2020 is considered a continent sized fortress. And to get in into the main Euro-mega cities depends on who you are. From about a year or more for tourists to just a couple hours for VIPs and proper citizens. Or something to that effect.

As for Japan and Russia and all the sits in Pac Rim, have to look up the Pacific Rim source book for them.

For the record, I own copies of most of the source books, including Home of the Brave, Pacific Rim, Euro Source, Euro Source Plus and Welcome to the United Kingdom.
I also have Deep Space and SoF2 (which has a good description of Russia.)

I wasn't asking what these countries would be like in the Cyberpunk world,I asked what peoples opinions would be of having a means to incorporate them in later development of 2077.

sooo...wastelands confirmed? (the image is from ~Sn@ke~ 's thread)

Top Bottom