GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
Not sure if this is relevant in this thread but it is about veil.

I play MO so not too familiar with the other factions yet, so not sure what cards or leader abilities are called and I've only been playing for about 5 weeks.

Why can a card with veil be 'locked and copied' or 'locked and reset' although the actual lock doesn't apply the copying or reset does?

Surely the veil should negate this and the veil should be purified before the card can be 'locked and copied' or 'locked and reset'. If it cannot be locked then the other affects should not be applied should they?

Not sure if this is relevant in this thread but it is about veil.
Post moved to a more appropriate thread.

Abilities such as Imposter or Artifact Compression's do not require the Lock to actually take effect for the second part to happen. The Lock is applied even though Veil blocks it from taking effect, so the copying or resetting is also able to happen.

@SigilFey
Hi, this is about Gwent. I'd like to know what's the relationship between Veiled status and a card's inherent ability, like Fleder's Vitality, or Skellige's Tuirseach Invader that gets Doomed when played from graveyard.
Thing is, in my understanding, Veil should prevent a card from getting new statuses, but when applied to a Fleder, the Fleder still gets Vitality (a status) when an opponent starts bleeding, even when it didn't have vitality before.
(Fleder without a status > Veil > enemy starts bleeding > Fleder gets Vitality on top of the Veil, surprise!)

The Invader, which is basically veiled from the start, still gets Doomed when played from graveyard. So it gets a new status, even though Veil should prevent it, at least in my plain mind.
Kindly explain or create a new thread, as I'm still under 10 posts here - and thank you in advance for that!

but when applied to a Fleder, the Fleder still gets Vitality (a status) when an opponent starts bleeding, even when it didn't have vitality before.
No, it does not.
I just tested it by using Crystal Skull on a Fleder that didn't have any existing statuses, and then giving Bleeding to an enemy unit. The Vitality was applied (I saw the animation) but then instantly vanished due to the Veil.
2021-05-12_1135_1.png

The Invader, which is basically veiled from the start, still gets Doomed when played from graveyard.
I would guess the Veil only gets applied once the card is on the board. Revival cards apply Doomed before the Veil can activate (you can see the star icon appear before the card hits the board), which is why the Doomed sticks.

PS. Post moved.

why is Skelige Storm not a SK card? IS IN THE NAME
You asked the exact same question earlier this month, and Burza answered it last week although he didn't know the why. No one here is going to have more knowledge on the topic than he did.

Please don't keep repeating the question.

¿Es posible que desaparezcan los barriles premium definitivos? I had 6 definitive premium kegs and 4 have disappeared

I had 6 definitive premium kegs and 4 have disappeared
Shouldn't be possible; kegs don't get removed from your account unless you open them.
Is it possible you opened two but have forgotten you did so, or that you only had 4 in the first place?

(For future reference, please only write in English if posting on the English forum.)

When does the Gwent weekly crown limit reset? I got a message that I've reached the limit of 350. It said the limit is reset on "Tuesdays at 10 AM, GMT+2", but today is Wednesday. Is the message a typo, and the limit resets on Thursdays instead? Thank you

FYI: I received this response from tech support: We're aware of the issue with wrong message being displayed and we're looking into it. The reset day was recently changed from Tuesdays to Thursdays.

Last edited:
Does anyone else feel like CDPR is wasting a portion of Gwent's potential? This game is amazing but it often feels like they are incapable of managing it. I can live with infrequent expansions but so many of their design decisions are really questionable. There are a lot of cards that only need a slight tweaking to be decent and just are left to rot. Additionally, there are useless cards that have no home in the faction that desperately need a rework and get nothing. How can a card like Combat Engineer be allowed to sit in its unplayable status for 2 years, and when they eventually get around to dealing with it they just give it +1 when it clearly needs a rework? There's also 4 useless Nilfgaard leaders that don't support any archetypes that need to be changed. They constantly push out half baked archetypes and then make no effort to support them. There's certainly no lack of useless cards that need reworks that could be used to supplement struggling archetypes more. It's really disheartening because I love this game and it seems like CDPR just can't manage it. Is there any way to apply for a design position or even just a way to get CDPR's ear about this stuff? I have a ton of cool ideas that I think would be really healthy for the game, but I'm just kinda scared this game is going to be left to die. I am attaching below some ideas of both reworks and new cards to support unfleshed out archetypes that I have created, in hopes the CDPR gods will take inspiration.

Attachments

• Deceptive_Diplomacy (2).png
    Deceptive_Diplomacy (2).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
  • Imperial_Espionage.png
    Imperial_Espionage.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • Call_of_the_Wendigo.png
    Call_of_the_Wendigo.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • Cockatrice.png
    Cockatrice.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • Warg.png
    Warg.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • Milton_de_Peyrac___Peyran.png
    Milton_de_Peyrac___Peyran.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • Palmerin_de_Launfal.png
    Palmerin_de_Launfal.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • Fiend (1).png
    Fiend (1).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • Grounded_Basilisk.png
    Grounded_Basilisk.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • Morvran_Voorhis.png
    Morvran_Voorhis.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
How come the Professor can put a bounty on Kerack City Guard?

This happened to me today. KCG has veil, of course. So, I'm just wondering why bounty can stick to it but not things like bleed or lock etc.

Either it was purified and lost Veil or that would be a bug.
Just in case ... did your opponent get coins ? After all Professor should be able to still deal the damage, however not place the bounty.

Either it was purified and lost Veil or that would be a bug.
Just in case ... did your opponent get coins ? After all Professor should be able to still deal the damage, however not place the bounty.
I don't remember the details. More than once when I've played games I've wondered "What the hell just happened?". It seems like the kind of game you should constantly be recording when you play, because some of the stuff that happens in a game is just suss. My KCG would have had at least 4 power and I don't think that it had been purified. It was pretty early in the round, I think, so I wouldn't have thought that my opponent had many coins, but I could be wrong.

Will the new expansion cards be available in expansion kegs to buy with gold?

If so, when? If not, then CDPR is making it less desirable than ever before to play their game.

Top Bottom