Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
This game is not Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but is still better than anything Bioware has been making for the last 10 years.

I know people may roll their eyes and I know this game has had a right kicking, but I absolutely love this game, it has really captured my imagination. I will put down my thoughts on why I think, if CDPR can continue to support and grow this game, the launch will be forgotten.

Read on...

I've just finished a little session. I decided yesterday to start playing beyond the Heist mission. I'm playing on Xbox Series X and I had told myself I would wait until the next gen patch drops. So after playing the opening Prologue I've basically been pottering about, driving, walking and just enjoying the marvels of the City.

Yesterday I got right into it and wow, I've been getting right into it. After having a gunfight in Northside (on Hard setting) and chasing down a Delamaine Cab across some ambandoned industrial warehouses in my V tech I've come away feeling very optimistic about this game. And yes the bugs are a problem and I'll address those but heres some of my points.

The City

I posted already on the City being the star, but goodness me its superb. I'm still finding mini routes and stumbling across stuff in the world. the amazing thing is, I'm not getting bored by it after many many hours of walking and driving. Its completely captured my imagination, and honestly if CDPR can add to it and add even more immersion it will stand as long and well respected as GTA V, Witcher etc.

If they can add in the monorail, cabs, more traffic with better AI, less obvious spawning, better cops and maybe some system to introduce gang rep and rivalries, and fix the weather, this City will be tough to top. I don't like GTA V Online but if they were to make an online version like that for Cyberpunk I would definitely play it. Theres a foundation here they can use to grow the game.

Artstyle

Theres been a lot of love poured into this game. Yeah theres bugs and stuff isn't perfect, but the gangs looks, the cars, the clothes, the city and all its different environments are bloody gorgeous. Its such a shame we don't see V in cutscenes so we can see him in action, and its a shame we can't preview clothes, but everything in the game is top notch. Theres so so much potential.

Narrative

Where do you begin? theres so much scope, I mean this was a tabletop game, theres lots of story driven content that can be created for it. Im already enjoying the story but theres all kinds of angles you could come from. We could have retro content of the time we spent with Welles, or Welles only content where we play him growing up, we can have more gang related quests with V joining a faction and learning what it means to Maelstrom. You could introduce survival mode and ask the player to play through the whole story with only two premium revives from the Trauma Team. You could have a nemesis like system with bosses and gang leaders in the city. You could go on and on.

Game Mechanics

Considering this is an RPG shooter I think CDPR have done really well. I enjoy the combat especially the shooting. A cover system might be nice and maybe they could work on the melee a bit but with the wealth of guns and enemies available I don't think its reached its full potential yet, but could offer multiple approaches to play style.

Customisation

Theres not much in the way of customisation but adding in barbers, clothes previews, garages and an advanced cyber mod that goes beyond just the ones we have, where we can have cybernetic limbs would again, apply a nice layer of immersion on top of what we have which could feed nicely into the online element if they ever do it.

Well I've waffled enough but I am enjoying my time with the game. Ive got frustrations sure, like pop in, weird traffic, spawning Npc and the odd bugs, but i'm sure those can be fixed. If CDPR stick with this moving forward, I have no doubt this game will stay in players libraries, being played for many years to come.

Witcher 3 release version worked really well for me. Minor graphics glitches and some quests refusing to wrap after I finished them - that's all.

Cyberpunk is in more rough shape for sure. Witcher 2 kind of shape.
I couldn't play Witcher 3 on my PC for the first 2-3 weeks. Then I played with terrible popping in textures for 200 hours. After I upgraded my PC, it felt strange NOT seeing textures pop in every conversation. I was like, oh, this game is also really pretty.

As for Cyberpunk. It tickles every bit of my personal aesthetics so it would have to have had really, really bad combat for me to not play it. And, yet, the combat is amazing fun, too. Sci-fi futuristic, big city, technoiogy run amok, anti-corporate, post-humanism. Then they throw in the Tarot references and the techno spiritualism. I honestly can't put the game down. I'm just standing on a street corner listening to the city sounds as I write this.

Improvements can always be made. Some perk trees need tweaks. We need more customization options, a hotkey to walk and turn off the HUD would be nice, too.

I think, the reason you see so many beautiful pictures and very few beautiful videos is because videos are all forced to see the ugly UI, let us turn it off so we can make beautiful travel log videos of the city along with our beautiful screenshots.

Last edited:
I couldn't play Witcher 3 on my PC for the first 2-3 weeks. Then I played with terrible popping in textures for 200 hours. After I upgraded my PC, it felt strange NOT seeing textures pop in every conversation. I was like, oh, this game is also really pretty.

As for Cyberpunk. It tickles every bit of my personal aesthetics so it would have to have had really, really bad combat for me to not play it. And, yet, the combat is amazing fun, too. Sci-fi futuristic, big city, technoiogy run amok, anti-corporate, post-humanism. Then they throw in the Tarot references and the techno spiritualism. I honestly can't put the game down. I'm just standing on a street corner listening to the city sounds as I write this.

Improvements can always be made. Some perk trees need tweaks. We need more customization options, a hotkey to walk and turn off the HUD would be nice, too.

I think, the reason you see so many beautiful pictures and very few beautiful videos is because videos are all forced to see the ugly UI, let us turn it off so we can make beautiful travel log videos of the city along with our beautiful screenshots.
So you had to upgrade your PC to play the game. I guess it was your PC, not the game.

I have been playing for awhile now on a fairly robust PC from Alienware and can say that the game has improved a great deal since release. It still has bugs and imperfections in a lot of spots. People clipped into objects, doors that won't open for you but in game characters pass right through, you will still come across vehicles in impossible positions once in a while etc. I haven't found a quest bug yet and I just went through the find and rescue Evelyn quest. I'm having fun with it despite these issues and will continue to play for some time. I'll probably do another run with a different character after this run. As long as they keep adding improvements to the game I don't really have any major issues. It has been interesting watching this game develop as I have in general had good luck with the games I have purchased. This is the first time where it was not optimal on day one and seeing the development progress is encouraging. Hopefully one day soon the game will reach at least a majority of the expectations gamers had of it at launch.

Sorry, this is a crosspost from Reddit, I don't know if this is ok, but I wanted my feedback and my experience reaching CDPR.

Hey guys, I have talk with somebody, I'm feeling a bit lonely now...

(Light spoilers below! I don't spoil something really relevant!)

Yesterday evening I finished one ending of CP2077 and feel still absolutely touched.(Bugs or not, it runs very good on a high-end gaming pc, 4k, highest settings, but that's not the topic.)
I grinded every sidequest because I love the game so much and didn't want it to have an end and as i thought I have all done, surprisingly one more longer sidequest popped up. Yeah!I love the world of the game, I often walked from sidequest to sidequest, just to enjoy the scenery.Of course, there is always room for more. The food-trucks could be more alive, spontaneous sidequests without markers, more open decisions .... you can dream of a lot.

If I wished for one thing really hard, its's more longer communication with the story characters. I missed Panam so much (the hardest thing was, that I wasn't able to romance with her, because I'm playing a female V) I wanted to call Rivers sister, ask for the kids, check if I can do anything, and then Judy, ... When I had to leave her on the peer. No possibility to say a "By darling, love you. Hey, give me a call if you need me." And after the goodbye nearly no more contact. Fuck, I am not really into tattoos, but with her, I fell truly in love. I missed even Kerry, the fool.

I don't want to spoil too much, but I do now understand many decisions of the gamemakers / storywriters better. That is not the way how V is. And, if I like it or not, I have to fullfill the character of the story-V with not to much variability. Shure, it may be possible to create a game, where the main character can develop more freely. But I do not know how this could be possible with such a great voice and charakter acting if you have to realize a story for an asshole-V or a romantic-pussy-V.It is obvious for me, that the game has no 3d person mode. The identification with the charakter is much better so.

The story I had to play as V (with the light variations) is worth a book, a movie or a series. The charakter development is astonishing, overwhelming, fantastic. And the story comes to an absolute plausible ending - at least my ending felt so.
It was worth every hour (and every penny). I'm not shure if I will try the other endings, just for the curiosity or to stay in the game for some more time. It feels surprisingly completed at the moment. Just like when you close the cover of a fantastic book, on the one hand unsatisfied, because you wished for another ending, or better: you hate that it's over, you don't want to say good bye to the persons you lived with for hours and days now, but you know, it has to end and it was the only reasonable ending.
(I don't want to rise a shitstorm, don't want to take this comparison to far, different worlds, different levels of course, but It remembers me of the feelings at the end of "Lord of the Rings". I closed the book, I really hated, that the Elves, Frodo, Gandalf are leaving Middleearth, but it must have been this way.)

Thank you so much CDPR!
I'm shurely not a "Fanboy" I'm a grown adult with over 40 years of computer gaming experience (from 1970-something Pong on a Telefunken-Console, 1982 the ZX-81). There have been not much games that gave me this feelings.In my humble opinion you created a great peace of art.

For quote someone ingame : I couldn't have said it better !
But for me, you must do all the endings, all are very good (with holocalls during the credits) :)

Last edited:
Sorry, this is a crosspost from Reddit, I don't know if this is ok, but I wanted my feedback and my experience reaching CDPR.

Hey guys, I have talk with somebody, I'm feeling a bit lonely now...

(Light spoilers below! I don't spoil something really relevant!)

Yesterday evening I finished one ending of CP2077 and feel still absolutely touched.(Bugs or not, it runs very good on a high-end gaming pc, 4k, highest settings, but that's not the topic.)
I grinded every sidequest because I love the game so much and didn't want it to have an end and as i thought I have all done, surprisingly one more longer sidequest popped up. Yeah!I love the world of the game, I often walked from sidequest to sidequest, just to enjoy the scenery.Of course, there is always room for more. The food-trucks could be more alive, spontaneous sidequests without markers, more open decisions .... you can dream of a lot.

If I wished for one thing really hard, its's more longer communication with the story characters. I missed Panam so much (the hardest thing was, that I wasn't able to romance with her, because I'm playing a female V) I wanted to call Rivers sister, ask for the kids, check if I can do anything, and then Judy, ... When I had to leave her on the peer. No possibility to say a "By darling, love you. Hey, give me a call if you need me." And after the goodbye nearly no more contact. Fuck, I am not really into tattoos, but with her, I fell truly in love. I missed even Kerry, the fool.

I don't want to spoil too much, but I do now understand many decisions of the gamemakers / storywriters better. That is not the way how V is. And, if I like it or not, I have to fullfill the character of the story-V with not to much variability. Shure, it may be possible to create a game, where the main character can develop more freely. But I do not know how this could be possible with such a great voice and charakter acting if you have to realize a story for an asshole-V or a romantic-pussy-V.It is obvious for me, that the game has no 3d person mode. The identification with the charakter is much better so.

The story I had to play as V (with the light variations) is worth a book, a movie or a series. The charakter development is astonishing, overwhelming, fantastic. And the story comes to an absolute plausible ending - at least my ending felt so.
It was worth every hour (and every penny). I'm not shure if I will try the other endings, just for the curiosity or to stay in the game for some more time. It feels surprisingly completed at the moment. Just like when you close the cover of a fantastic book, on the one hand unsatisfied, because you wished for another ending, or better: you hate that it's over, you don't want to say good bye to the persons you lived with for hours and days now, but you know, it has to end and it was the only reasonable ending.
(I don't want to rise a shitstorm, don't want to take this comparison to far, different worlds, different levels of course, but It remembers me of the feelings at the end of "Lord of the Rings". I closed the book, I really hated, that the Elves, Frodo, Gandalf are leaving Middleearth, but it must have been this way.)

Thank you so much CDPR!
I'm shurely not a "Fanboy" I'm a grown adult with over 40 years of computer gaming experience (from 1970-something Pong on a Telefunken-Console, 1982 the ZX-81). There have been not much games that gave me this feelings.In my humble opinion you created a great peace of art.

V is more variable than you think, its subtle how much you brought into the game without realizing. I agree there could be a long form fiction about it, but interestingly, it would be different than most people's playthroughs. And yeah, eventually the content runs out, but thats how a game of this type is. Its very hand crafted for the most part.

Just wanna say that despite some technical issues this game is just awesome.
It is 9/10 for me.
Yes there is no character and vehicle customization that is very important for me in such games, but anyway this is the world I enjoy exploring.
Story is also very mature and well written.

The only disappointment could be about this game that it had potential to be 12/10 but I am 100% sure the next DLC will reach that high.
Even if not, still, this game is a piece of art anyway, nothing less.

Thank you CD Project Red for this experience.
Looking forward to your next releases.

7.5/10

Finally finished it ... DLCs are coming soon and modders have done enough terrific work for me to mod the game enough to difficulty and customization (and some small ai/combat improvements) for me to play through the whole thing on PC at least once.

Any other game developer company would have received a slightly higher score, but CDPR gets docked half a point for the fact that modders had to finish their game for them in the meantime, and because I was expecting more story depth after Witchers. Cyperpunk has its moments, but feels more pulpy and scattered (too much Ubisoft copy-paste type stuff dilutes the highlights of the game and the main quest ... well as I said it feels more pulpy and undercooked with some plot contrivances and conveniences compared to the plot lines in W1,W2 and W3).

Highlights for me in approximate order were River's murder investigation questlines, the Paralez quests especially the second one, then Disasterpiece, and the quest during the Parade in getting to Hanako (forgot its name but part of the main mission in Act 2).

But see I can only really list like the 4/5 quests above that to me subjectively came close in quality to what I've seen in some of the best moments in the Witcher games. And that's out of like 50+ sidequests and 100+ pointless Ubisoft style merc mini fetch kill quests. And even then those 4/5 felt shorter and less intricate than Tower of Mice, Bloody Baron, The Murder investigation in Novigrad, Skellige royalty quest etc.

I think the endings in CP77 were in general all very well done -but I do have a problem that in most of them someone else get's everything they want and V kinda still just gets pwned in the end. They really all do have pros and cons these endings - just that the pros are sometimes vert hard to see. That's why my favorite one is the Sun ending especially if I just go solo on Saka tower and ngaf about anything or anyone in general. After that you can either bleep off into digital hyperspace or take a space-taxi right into the Sun.

I do think the game has a lot to offer though as long as you don't rush it and kinda take the city in - wander the streets, look at the sights and immerse yourself into NC - and then it does become quite worthwhile for what's there.

Perhaps it's because it was 3 a.m., but yesterday night I ended Cyberpunk for the first time (The Sun) and it left me speechless. I ended up with a mix of emotions, but with a great sensation.

Has anyone passed through the same when finishing it, or is it just that I am too immersed in the game? :sad:

P.D.: I payed my biggest F for CDPR and let all the credits pass. Congrats for the company, iot's a f*cking great story!

Let me say it like this. I finished the game with The Star ending during the night of jan 1 -> 2.
That weekend I was a bit of a wreck.
What a ride. What an emotional rollercoaster.
I had to put things on paper because ... I needed to.
I think I also signed on that saturday on these forums then.

So no, you're not alone :)

Btw, the title threw me for a loop :LOL: usually an F means a bad grade, dont really take that message from your post ;)

Perhaps it's because it was 3 a.m., but yesterday night I ended Cyberpunk for the first time (The Sun) and it left me speechless. I ended up with a mix of emotions, but with a great sensation.

Has anyone passed through the same when finishing it, or is it just that I am too immersed in the game? :sad:

P.D.: I payed my biggest F for CDPR and let all the credits pass. Congrats for the company, iot's a f*cking great story!

Talk about mix messaging! :p

But yeah, for a game to have close to fallout 76 level of &*%@ ups yet still make you love CDPR vision and game company direction it MUST have some "Je ne sais quo" that is worth throwing money and support and :love: to.

Same here :)
On all the endings. But especially on The Star and during all the final quest (and the same in multiple time that I doing it).

What a ride. What an emotional rollercoaster.
I can't said better, a emotional "rollercoaster"

I want to like this game, but its so boring... really just hanging out for a solid DLC or expansion to come back to it. I paid full price and have no regrets as it looks great, especially with an RTX 3080 and controls aren't total crap (although they could use a lot of fine tuning). I've only played through 1.5 times as I got so bored the second run because its so god damn repetitive.

Honestly speaking I was so disappointed with the release of Cyberpunk 2077. From what I have seen from the E3 2018 "Fake" demo, I expected the game to play, look, feel just as the demo did that they showcased, because everything about that demo was PERFECT. But all we got was a shallow and buggy mess of a game. I did not enjoy playing it to say the least. Don't even get me started on the quality of life stuff. :rolleyes:

I personally wont be buying anything from CDPR in the future, Unless they give me the same version as the demo. They really dropped the ball hard on this one.

Top Bottom