"Price of Power" Expansion Set Officially Revealed!

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
LOL So it's as I suspected Rat Catheress is pretty terrible :beer: Only She who knows appear to be a decent MO card. Everything else will be played for a few days and then discarded. The condition for Sabbath requires you to overcommit and it's easily disrupted. It's an all or nothing trap. Not worth it at all

I agree that rat catcheress is terrible, but disagree that the MO legendary is the only decent MO card, i will even say the witch apprentice is the best card MO got. Its a 4p engine that boosts 2 per turn! A 4p beast, like many are calling it.

Yes, the condition for it to work is harder than beast, but still 25pt on a row is not much for MO, you get that in turn 3-5, you dont even need to play tall units, deathwish gets these points without a sweat. I personally plan to do a witch apprentice meme deck, where i fill a row with these and let them go crazy (perhaps with Carapace leader to protect the one created by caranthir).

Yrden will be devastating against these MO decks, but players wont tech Yrden if only MO is getting boosts this expansion, and i doubt ST or SK will be boost-focused.

Vampires are terrible, we all know this and the stats support that for over a year or more.
Maybe stats just show how terrible current player base is with interactive decks?

New cards have no synergy, they're all relicts. What synergy?
Synergy is not always about the same keyword. Sabbath will trigger easily enough in the tall decks (25 power in a row isn't THAT hard to achieve), and new cards also benefit from it. And then you can have a bronze Beast that can grow without limitations,

Also that's a huge vulnerability you mentioned there for Rat Catheress.
Ask @Draconifors, playing around threats is part of the game.

Tell me in what scenarios this card is better than something like Aen Elle Conqueror?
I don't know, I don't play Aen Elle Conqueror at all now.

It's obvious now that Rat Catheress had only one purpose, being a target for She who knows since her base can surpass She who knows and depends on other relicts. You're better off just dropping She who knows last and avoiding all these other cards that force you into relicts that barely have any support or synergy with other archetypes.
Perhaps. Or maybe they were trying to give Viy some use outside of the one pseudodeck he's part of now. Maybe they'll fix these cards the same way they've made Phooca boring and useless after it being an interesting thrive card - by changing their ability.

I doubt clog is going anywhere, sadly, but these new cards might reduce its popularity. Especially if the Epic and Legendary support these two Bronzes revealed so far, which I would expect they do.

Rience.png

I am unsure about the fact that Rience requires the unit to exactly match the power (even with Rico that means the units must not be boosted or damaged even once on the board).

Last edited:
I guess Rience is the worst Legendary revealed thus far, hopefully the other Legendaries are better.
The "Whoreson Junior" syndrome (of its initial release) is really strong in this card. It is really good if it just so happens you actually fullfill the uncontrollable condition to answer a threat ... or it trades evenly with cards like Boiling Oil (not considering the fact that Rience is 13p and not 5p).
I could be wrong, however I doubt Rience will see a lot of play once people actually try to optimize their decks.

Last edited:
That's an interesting one for sure. 5 for 13 means he needs 8 value to be worth his Provisions, which should be easy.

Misread the Order ability, need to reword...
It's basically only going to be used defensively -- unless one is playing hyperthin. Which could be cool, especially since Mage Assassins will help with thinning. An idea for a deck to try, certainly. :D
I wonder if it works when there are 0 cards in deck.

Last edited:
He lives up to the promise: ........ skillful deck manipulation. (y)
Could be good with Assire or Yenvo.

View attachment 11221676

I am unsure about the fact that Rience requires the unit to exactly match the power (even with Rico that means the units must not be boosted or damaged even once on the board).
Interesting card. It looks similar to Hjalmar an Craite, but it's quite different. This card destroys, which means that it's not affected by armor ir shields.
The downside is he can only choose de value from the first three cards, but has good synergies with Blightmaker.
Te order is a interesting ability.

Interesting card. It looks similar to Hjalmar an Craite, but it's quite different. This card destroys, which means that it's not affected by armor ir shields.
The downside is he can only choose de value from the first three cards, but has good synergies with Blightmaker.
Te ordene, in adition of the other abilities seems a bit yo much for me.
Hjalmar can hit units with lower power than the unit he banishes, so I am not sure about that.
If you combine him with Blightmaker you have to exactly guess the power of the unit you intend to kill, on top of running a unit (preferably also a Mage) with that exact power.

Hjalmar can hit units with lower power than the unit he banishes, so I am not sure about that.
If you combine him with Blightmaker you have to exactly guess the power of the unit you intend to kill, on top of running a unit (preferably also a Mage) with that exact power.
Ooooh ok. I know fully understand the ability. He has to match the objective poder. Mmmm that's much more restrictive.

Mage Assassin killed any excitement I had for this archetype.
Why? Combined with Blightmaker it's one of the most broken thinning combo in the game.
Post automatically merged:

Guess? It's math not a guess. You know what your target is before you deploy, you just need to know what the next 3 cards in your deck are, which isn't difficult for NG.

Even if you don't have a target for its deploy, the order ability plays far above its cost if played in R1 and even R2 assuming you aren't running a heavy thinning deck.

Last edited:
[...]
Guess? It's math not a guess. You know what your target is before you deploy, you just need to know what the next 3 cards in your deck are, which isn't difficult for NG.
Even then, neither can you choose the power of the target, nor account for all possible values it could take.

Rience

To my mind his deploy is kind of situational. You can prepare your deck via top-deckers (Vicovaro Novice, Blightmaker, Tactical decision leader) to know what you get and in the end you can use one of your deck units to destroy another unit with equal power. Here one should highlight that in the deck builder there is a incentive to use no specials and no artefacts.

Are there currently any NG playable cards which benefit from being in the graveyard?
Madoc (as a 3 damager)
Phoenix (as a 4 damager)
So when you manage to take this, you basically do not lose the card but it can be used again. Alternatively you can also simply get rid of your bronzes. Here maybe Nilfgaardian Knight offers the most value (7 damage for 5) and another of those Knights can be used to prepare the Rience damage.
As already mentioned I consider Rico Meiersdorf also a valuable target as when he is one of your 3 top decks, Rience can target many units with Rico after being played by your opponent (except: behind defender, units were boosted later or on their deploy)

His order is very strong but you really want to play him in round 1. Then you probably have 15 units in your deck (10 in your hand and 1 in your graveyard). Best order targets might be cards like Menno Coehoorn (+13), Sweers (+12), opponent spies (+14), a Geralt (+12/13) or a cow from
Germain Piquant (+14). As already mentioned i possible to increase the boost by cards like Assire or Yenn´s Invo
There´s no doubt that he needs to have a defender for protection.

So some it up:
His body: a 5
His damage: Maybe on average a 4 (if you mange the Nilfgardian Knight combo a 7)
His order: Maybe on average a 11 (if everything goes perfect even a 15)
So he would be an on average 20 for 13 provisions His cap will be 27 and his floor just 5.

=> He really perfectly fits into the whole Price of Power Idea. He can go very tall but requires set up (drawn in round 1, defender in round 1, luck or well top decked deck for the deploy, valuable target for the order boost)
=> Nevertheless, playing him is very risky and draw dependent. So I would think that he has huge MEME potential but would not expect him to be used in tournaments often.
=> Honestly I would prefer a small buff of this card (e.g. Adrenaline 4: Gain veil and 2 armour) and a nerf of the two new bronzes in return.

I agree that rat catcheress is terrible, but disagree that the MO legendary is the only decent MO card, i will even say the witch apprentice is the best card MO got. Its a 4p engine that boosts 2 per turn! A 4p beast, like many are calling it.

Yes, the condition for it to work is harder than beast, but still 25pt on a row is not much for MO, you get that in turn 3-5, you dont even need to play tall units, deathwish gets these points without a sweat. I personally plan to do a witch apprentice meme deck, where i fill a row with these and let them go crazy (perhaps with Carapace leader to protect the one created by caranthir).

Yrden will be devastating against these MO decks, but players wont tech Yrden if only MO is getting boosts this expansion, and i doubt ST or SK will be boost-focused.
Lol the only deathwish deck that does that easily is Viy. Between the SK pings and ST traps or NG locks, you'll either end up trying to get to 25 and bricking the witch or by the time you do get to 25 you only get 4 pts out of it. Even now beast is a card that isn't played early because of removal. Yet you think this card will last a turn. The only way to get to 25 quickly and maintain the points you're talking about, is to spam your strongest cards in 3-5turns. Commit all that for a bronze card and have nothing in R2.

Why? Combined with Blightmaker it's one of the most broken thinning combo in the game.
Post automatically merged:
I know. That's why I'm not longer excited. It is obviously overpowered. It plays the exact same amount of points as Albrich+Affan only 6 (!) provisions cheaper. And twice!
So much for interesting deck manipulation. They simply applied SK cards to NG.

[...] Then you probably have 15 units in your deck (10 in your hand and 1 in your graveyard). [...]
14 [25-(10+1)], unless you run a 26 card deck. Also intending to play him in Round 1 is overcommiting, unless you are on Red Coin.

[...]
=> Nevertheless, playing him is very risky and draw dependent. So I would think that he has huge MEME potential but would not expect him to be used in tournaments often.
[...]
True, I guess he might be comparable to Regis in that regard and turn out similarly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom