"Price of Power" Expansion Set Officially Revealed!

+
His order is very strong but you really want to play him in round 1. Then you probably have 15 units in your deck (10 in your hand and 1 in your graveyard).

Or in Round 3, especially if you've managed to thin your deck to 1 card. If you've manipulated your deck properly, that remaining card kills a unit and then the order is used to set a second enemy unit to 0 power.

After all, it doesn't specify that the order necessarily needs to be used on a friendly unit...

Shame the last NG reveal will be so late... midnight here, so I'll see the card tomorrow.
Then again, it will start off Gwentsday for me, so it's fitting. :D

View attachment 11221676

I am unsure about the fact that Rience requires the unit to exactly match the power (even with Rico that means the units must not be boosted or damaged even once on the board).
Seems like a meme card to me. Both of his effects are situational,,you will probably not been able to use his order since he has a weak body and if you don't have Rico his deploy is clunky as hell. 3/10, probably the animated version is gonna be cool.

Is Rience made this bad to make up for the bronze thinning package being too strong for it's price? lol
I mean look at the overly easy cheap combo of Blightmaker + Mage Assassin vs this complicated and costly 13 provision conditioned card like Rience (I love his design btw lol, I am just pointing out the great inconsistencies in how cards are designed).

Rience looks like he actually needs to have a lot of strategy involved in using him while the previous bronze package just can be fitted in any possible NG deck and it will always overperform.

Last edited:
Heard some rumors that the body of the Guardian will be reduced to 1 (which will also be a huge buff to Cynthia). But even then the combo will be a 9 for 9 (or 7 for 9 if all the random damage goes into Nowwhere). and the other thinners are conditional 8 for 10

Heard some rumors that the body of the Guardian will be reduced to 1 (which will also be a huge buff to Cynthia). But even then the combo will be a 9 for 9 (or 7 for 9 if all the random damage goes into Nowwhere). and the other thinners are conditional 8 for 10
If that were to be true this would be balanced out by the fact that, unlike the thinning package you can only start it with one specific card in your hand and the other in your deck, also the 2 damage can hit armor/shields/1 power units and be reduced that way.

To sum it up.
The other thinners would have 1 less peak value, while having a 1 point higher floor and costing 1 provision more to be able to start the play with either copy (instead of starting it with one copy and the other being a brick).

10 for 9. 4+2 and 2+2.
This combo has also the problem of having the assasin as a brick un hand when mulligan.

Meh. Rience looks awkward and unstable. The 13p cost is too much. I think he should be 11p at least.
I mean a 13p card usually is the card you build your deck around. But Rience doesn't seem like a core deck card. Even fcking Eist costs only 11p.

I worry that he might stick on the bench just like Emhyr and Anna. 3 new unplayable golds for NG will be too much. :-/

This gives me some hope. It would be odd not to bring this up with the Blightmaker reveal since it completely changes the card but it is CDPR after all.

10 for 9. 4+2 and 2+2.
This combo has also the problem of having the assasin as a brick un hand when mulligan.

No, 4 body, 1 token, 2 mage assasin, 2 random damage. So a 9 for 9.
Post automatically merged:

This gives me some hope. It would be odd not to bring this up with the Blightmaker reveal since it completely changes the card but it is CDPR after all.

Probably, they like sitting in their home offices and jokeing about all our complains here in the forum and on youtube.

No, 4 body, 1 token, 2 mage assasin, 2 random damage. So a 9 for 9.
Post automatically merged:

Probably, they like sitting in their home offices and jokeing about all our complains here in the forum and on youtube.
Oh, reduce to 1 and no by 1. My mistake.

I mean ... the changes to Vesemir: Mentor were also not revealed until the reveal campaign (for Way of the Witcher) was practically over.

for me the best play for rience its in round 3 with the deck thinning untill there and having rico on your deck.

So problably you will kill the last card pplayed for your opponent (nomather wich card it is, unless he boost it after the deploy) and also, if order its active in the next round you can set another opponent unit to 1 or 2 power (since you will only have a few cards in deck)

for me the best play for rience its in round 3 with the deck thinning untill there and having rico on your deck.

So problably you will kill the last card pplayed for your opponent (nomather wich card it is, unless he boost it after the deploy) and also, if order its active in the next round you can set another opponent unit to 1 or 2 power (since you will only have a few cards in deck)

I think it is way better to topdeck Rico and use him in round 1 to get the most of the order.

I think it is way better to topdeck Rico and use him in round 1 to get the most of the order.
You know you can use the order in your opponent unit, right? So if you thinned your deck until remainin 1 or 2 cards, you can set one of his units to 1 or 2.

I know i know, problably in round 1 you will get more valueable, since in the last round your opponent can put only low units, but, for me, i cant imagine doing a deck for all the time spend my 13 provision card in first round

Why not just wait how Rience performs? If he should perform badly they will buff him anyway, they probably didn't gave him 13 provision without a reason so why not wait for the other changes with the Balance update, but considering his 13 provision cost I guess he probably could at least get 1 Armor to be out of bronze special removal range.

Apart from the already mentioned interactions seizing a 1 strength Spy with Emhyr and boost him afterwards with Rience or putting Vypper in the Graveyard also comes to mind.

But Nilfgaards available thinning options are now totally insane, if those hyperthin Decks become popular you can already expect a rise of Mill Decks.

Last edited:
You know you can use the order in your opponent unit, right? So if you thinned your deck until remainin 1 or 2 cards, you can set one of his units to 1 or 2.

I know i know, problably in round 1 you will get more valueable, since in the last round your opponent can put only low units, but, for me, i cant imagine doing a deck for all the time spend my 13 provision card in first round

Well, one startegy with these new cards might be Hyperthin (with Tigor, Yenn, Triss and Rience as round 3 finishers). The other one might be no hyperthin and more focusing on Topdecking and maybe Snowdrop. Reminds me somehow on Erland who can be used in round 1 to boost all units and enables uprising swarms or who takes the boost all in him to finish the round.

Wait, I misread and thought that he does damage equal to topdeck.
Does it mean that his deploy might not see any value even if there are units on the opp's board?
Now he seems even more clunky for me. :think:

Top Bottom