Quickscan seems to be gone?

+
So I havn't played Cyberpunk 2077 for a couple of months. Several patches seem to have come out.

So I load up my game (PC, GOG purchased) load up my save file and try to quickscan the environment to see items, and it just brings up the scanner.

With a controller it was tap LB for quickscan, and hold it for the full scanner, except now tapping it just very quickly brings up the scanner and puts it away, and there seems to be no way to send out the scan-pulse that detected items without turning your vision red.

Quickscan is still listed in the controller layout, but does not seem to be in the keyboard control configuration.

What's up?

In what point of the game were you?
Because I believe that it was deliberatebly taken out in the beginning of the game, in the lifepath specific mission up to were you first meet vic, if I recall correctly.

In what point of the game were you?
Because I believe that it was deliberatebly taken out in the beginning of the game, in the lifepath specific mission up to were you first meet vic, if I recall correctly.

Just about to begin the heist, long after meeting Vic.

What do you mean "Deliberately taken out"? That you don't have it until you get your eye implant, or that is suddenly stops working after a specific point?

I've been on this particular main mission for a while, running around doing side-missions in preparation for The Big Heist.

I don't really understand what do you mean when you said :
"send out the scan-pulse that detected items without turning your vision red"

For me, since day one, on Xbox, it's seem to be the same. Quick press on the scanner button (LB), always launch the scanner (very quick red vision).
The only thing that has changed recently, is the display distance of objects (visible from much further)

But maybe, it's different on PC :)

mbrto

Forum regular
no idea what this is about
by default tab is scan and capslock is toggle scan

So I havn't played Cyberpunk 2077 for a couple of months. Several patches seem to have come out.

So I load up my game (PC, GOG purchased) load up my save file and try to quickscan the environment to see items, and it just brings up the scanner.

With a controller it was tap LB for quickscan, and hold it for the full scanner, except now tapping it just very quickly brings up the scanner and puts it away, and there seems to be no way to send out the scan-pulse that detected items without turning your vision red.

Quickscan is still listed in the controller layout, but does not seem to be in the keyboard control configuration.

What's up?
Are you talking about Ping?

no idea what this is about
by default tab is scan and capslock is toggle scan

Well i'm talking about controller inputs, to start with, so that's not helpful.
Also, why do you have two buttons that do the same thing? Togger or hold feels like it should be a menu setting, not a separate button.

Are you talking about Ping?
Ping? The quickhack that detects enemies? No. I'm not talking about that.

I don't really understand what do you mean when you said :
"send out the scan-pulse that detected items without turning your vision red"

For me, since day one, on Xbox, it's seem to be the same. Quick press on the scanner button (LB), always launch the scanner (very quick red vision).
The only thing that has changed recently, is the display distance of objects (visible from much further)

But maybe, it's different on PC :)
I mean exactly what I said. You pressed a button and it highlighted every pick-upable item around you without actually giving you the robotic red "My scanner is active" filter over your vision.

If all it did was very briefly bring up your actual scanner, then what would be the point? There's no purpose in having your scanner active for a tenth of a second or whatever you'd get just from tapping the button? You wouldn't be able to see anything in that brief span of time anyway.

... Look, i've uploaded a controller config screenshot. LB tap and LB hold have two different functions. The tap is quickscan, the hold is the actual scanner.

This article describes how the quickscan function worked.

TLDR:

On PlayStation, holding L1 will pull up V's bio-tech eye and allow them to hack and scan the environment. While looking around in scan mode, items of interest will mark themselves. V will be able to tag enemies, hack tech, and tag loot-able containers. Players can quick-scan the environment by simply clicking L1 to see any items they can pick up. This works similarly to Eivor's Oden Sight in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. However, in Cyberpunk 2077, the items will tag and stay tagged. Players on Xbox and PC will have to tap whatever button they'd normally hold to pull up their scanner.

You tap the button and it marks all pickupable items in the environment, then they remain marked for several seconds.
This is how this function has worked since the very launch of the game.
Which brings me right back around to the question I initially asked in the first post of this thread.

Why does this function no longer work when I press the button assigned to it?

Attachments

• download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 98
Just about to begin the heist, long after meeting Vic.

What do you mean "Deliberately taken out"? That you don't have it until you get your eye implant, or that is suddenly stops working after a specific point?

I've been on this particular main mission for a while, running around doing side-missions in preparation for The Big Heist.
Then you can pretty much forget what I said. It used to be able to perform scan before visiting Vic even though you were not supposed to (from what it looks like) and that was removed as an ability. But what you describe falls completely outside of that.
Maybe because the game is started from an old save?
I heard that this can sometimes lead into issues.

I mean exactly what I said. You pressed a button and it highlighted every pick-upable item around you without actually giving you the robotic red "My scanner is active" filter over your vision.

If all it did was very briefly bring up your actual scanner, then what would be the point? There's no purpose in having your scanner active for a tenth of a second or whatever you'd get just from tapping the button? You wouldn't be able to see anything in that brief span of time anyway.
Yep, I never really paid attention, I also have this "option" on XBSX :)
But for me, since day one, I always have this quick red overlay when I press quickly LB.
But obviously, it could be different on PC ;)

Top Bottom