"Price of Power" Expansion Set Officially Revealed!

+
Rage of the Sea may be getting changed since a Bronze card gets its ability.

(Another Open art. One left.)

Tears of Siren:

I consider it be a solid conditional 6 for 4 provision card. The other SK 4 provision specials are also in this range. Waiting for the upcoming cards.

Rage of the Sea is basically playing 2 times a 4 provision card now (like Pirate Cove).

Synergies: Alchemy, Greatsword, Dagur

Downside: Rain is absorbed, slow tempo

Nice, he can transform Rain into Storm (Open Beta Frost, although temporary).
He starts at a 12 for 12, which immediately demands an answer to a 6pt body (or else he plays for a lot more points), triggers Gedyneith, triggers Alchemy synergies and punishes swarm.

Skellige and weather. I already detest it. :disapprove:

What especially benefits from damaging opponents? The stupid warriors of course. Would be nice to see SK cards with clear ANTIsynergy with that deck.

Don't pull a preorder pack. Leave it until you drop the third expansion pack. I'm going to buy it next month. I don't have money right now.o_O

Skellige and weather. I already detest it. :disapprove:

What especially benefits from damaging opponents? The stupid warriors of course. Would be nice to see SK cards with clear ANTIsynergy with that deck.
Isn't it wrong to like or detest something until you see it in action?
I'm really happy for these cards. I'll be finally able to ditch my BoG deck (only 6 wins left to mastery, so I hope to get it soon) and go back to my favorite SK deck - Battle Trance druids.

By the way, NG is still the only faction that's had both of its Bronzes revealed on the first day. Only ST can change that now, and since half of the ST reveals will be during Masters it might just to happen.

If it does happen, I have a theory as to why beyond just the timing. If it doesn't, I don't have a theory as to why NG was the sole exception.

(Unfortunately there is still one day of SK to go first. :sleep: )

Regarding Fulmar:
Great Rage of the Sea support but you have to make sure to take advantage of his order. Otherwise he is just 6 body + spawning a 4 provision special. So defender protection appears to be crucial
Probably it´s also best to use some of the neutral rain givers to take the most of this card.

Synergies: Greatsword, Dagur, Gedyneith scenario trigger, Alchemy

Downside: High removal risk, slow tempo of weather, need a full row and a long round to get the most of his order

Last edited:
Regarding Fulmar:
Great Rage of the Sea support but you have to make sure to take advantage of his order. Otherwise he is just 6 body + spawning a 4 provision special. So defender protection appears to be crucial
[...]
Why though ? I do not see why the defender would even make him any better.

He is always a well distributed 12 for 12, that triggers Alchemy synergies and the archetype's Scenario.

In that regard Fulmar is similar to the devotion version of Usurper.
The main difference is that Usurper's value is completely proactive (for being an evolving card and being devotion restricted that is pretty much to be expected) and that Usurper has a small engine ability, while Fulmar can immediately generate at least a few points, if the opponent does not answer him immediately (also a 12 for 12 that the opponent "has to answer" is not exactly a joke).

This card fixes the worst problem Druid SK currently has (not having high provision cards to trigger Gedyneith in Round 3).

Last edited:
Why though ? I do not see why the defender would even make him any better.

He is always a well distributed 12 for 12, that triggers Alchemy synergies and the archetype's Scenario.

In that regard Fulmar is similar to the devotion version of Usurper.
The main difference is that Usurper's value is completely proactive (for being an evolving card and being devotion restricted that is pretty much to be expected) and that Usurper has a small engine ability, while Fulmar can immediately generate at least a few points, if the opponent does not answer him immediately (also a 12 for 12 that the opponent "has to answer" is not exactly a joke).

This card fixes the worst problem Druid SK currently has (not having high provision cards to trigger Gedyneith in Round 3).

Yes, it´s also a huge support for druids, but probably you want to play his order and with 5 body it´s probable that he will be removed/blocked. Of course you can also protect otherwise (e.g. purifier, boost by 2nd scenario card (Mardroeme)).

Yes, it´s also a huge support for druids, but probably you want to play his order and with 5 body it´s probable that he will be removed/blocked. Of course you can also protect otherwise (e.g. purifier, boost by 2nd scenario card (Mardroeme)).
Fulmar has a 6pt body.
What I am trying to say is that the value is good either way.
Either he pulls an answer that works on a 6pt body and still plays as a 12 for 12 (which trigger multiple synergies).
Or he plays for even more points and triggers multiple synergies.

DRK3

Forum veteran
i am not a fan of these SK cards. I think trying to make weather work is a nice goal, but the only cards that benefit from this directly are Dagur and GS, which im not a fan of. Hopefully the 2 remaning SK cards have synergies with these 2 revealed so far. And Rage of the Sea should get a 1-2 provision buff while Reckless Flurry a -1 provision nerf.

Otherwise SK warriors will still be the dominant SK archetype, because indirect damage is rarely as good as removal.
Just look at indirect damage decks (WH frost, vampires, bloodthirst) compared to removal decks (SK warriors, SY Pirate Cove or Lined Pockets), the former are tier 3 or lower, the latter dominate the meta at tier 1.

Guest 4375874

i am not a fan of these SK cards. I think trying to make weather work is a nice goal, but the only cards that benefit from this directly are Dagur and GS, which im not a fan of. Hopefully the 2 remaning SK cards have synergies with these 2 revealed so far. And Rage of the Sea should get a 1-2 provision buff while Reckless Flurry a -1 provision nerf.

Otherwise SK warriors will still be the dominant SK archetype, because indirect damage is rarely as good as removal.
Just look at indirect damage decks (WH frost, vampires, bloodthirst) compared to removal decks (SK warriors, SY Pirate Cove or Lined Pockets), the former are tier 3 or lower, the latter dominate the meta at tier 1.
yup, this is all looking too familiar. I haven't seen anything that will disrupt SK dominance so far. Even when they try not to buff it, it get's a buff. I think the problem lies with their leaders because their cards are just too consistent. Something needs to give, either adjust the leader abilities or several cards need to be nerfed.

Not necessarily as benefiting as the two you mentioned, but I thought this could work well with wild boar and witcher mentor if the damage sticks. Or even a beast deck to also benefit from the spawned sirens.

[...] And Rage of the Sea should get a 1-2 provision buff while Reckless Flurry a -1 provision nerf.

[...]
As far as I am informed Reckless Flurry is not exactly the prefered leader ability for SK Warriors ...

Top Bottom