The level of disinformation is STILL pretty staggering in media (long rant)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surma.

Forum regular
Everyone (well at least 95% of what I find on internet) is painting like the company is grasping for last breath of air because of supposed horrific sales numbers.

But if this company was game like Remedy Entertainment, these numbers of sales in just Q1 (if they were around 1 million units) would still be earth shattering.

Their most recent game Control roughly 2 years (being released in August 2019) had sold 2 million units.
In their initial release year they managed to accumulate €17.7M in sales where reports said they only gained roughly 45% only from sales meaning an estimated €39,33M euro (17.7 / 0.45) worth of money changed hands with consumers. Assuming game went into sale once before winter or during winter sales, lets say average sale price for product was in 45€. With this formula we can assume the first year the game sold roughly ~900 000 copies.

Only much later the game has gotten at least a little bit more recognition in the media and the sales have went up in the following 2020 year by 1.1 million, with maybe an additional .5 in Q1 of 2021, making it 2.5 million copies in total.

According to google searching what the game cost to make, first result gave me with budget of between €20m ($22.2m) and €30m ($33.3m).

So it took them likely 14-20 months to turn their game profitable. CDPR did that in release day, from preorders alone.

Just saying that 13.7 million is pretty effin huge number, and if you're able to double it in 12-18 months (where you'd assume people will eventually buy it once it goes on sale for PC), many other companies are dreaming about these kinds of figures.

So yes it turns out this game might not print the money in such massive scale the GTA 5 has done for Rockstar, but keep in mind CD Project was practically an indie studio in verge of bankruptcy before Witcher 3's success. Rockstar had been creating 3D racing gangster games over 22 years and had basically entire reputation resting on each game having something small added to it's existing mechanics.

And now that CDPR was making something like €461M in sales and acquisition of Digital Scapes (to be renamed CD Projekt RED Vancouver), the long standing relationship with development studio responsible for bringing multiplayer for many games, (who btw had already worked 2 years on Cyberpunk multiplayer features prior to Cyberpunk launch).

And yet people are waving their hands in the air and shouting "Look at me, I am an honest games journalist. CDPR is in BIIIIG trouble!".

Yeah I get that their revenue growth is bad in Q1, but there's no multiplayer yet... would be pretty dumb to assume there is no news coming about that in E3 them being working on that for 2 years, it could take till next year's summer (as the road map and everyone including me already kinda estimated), but it could also be something they plan to announce to be paired in the "next gen release" (similar how GTA 5 did it).

Not only there's no multiplayer but there's also going to be expansion or two in the way, and I don't think those near 15 million current buyers are just going to shrug their shoulders when they come out, so that's already 30€ a copy * 2 which is roughly the same €461M in sales, without gaining a single new buyer for Q2,Q3,Q4, next years Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 the next year after Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 before final expansion I'd assume... until I'd assume 2 years pause until Witcher 4 and 1-2 years till Cyberpunk... lets call it Cyberpunk: Evolved (referring to the original Cyberpunk 2020 expansion of Cybergenerations and it's CyberEvolved beings)... just pure speculation.

And there's even no counting of what potential microtransactions they might implement for multiplayer (don't think it's going to be skins like in CSGO, but maybe if you play some PVP round, in start you get to use emotes or sprays. I don't think they would go so greedy, but who knows :p.

So even with not a single new buyer in whole of 3 years, and everyone were to skip any potential microtransaction, and multiplayer not attracting a single new buyer (probably a bit unrealistic, but still), they would still make, even with all the development cost for these expansions, roughly half in profits.

Not to mention how of course there's the Cyberpunk themed Anime series planned for next year (I guess in preparation for Multiplayer patch, but of course multiplayer could be sooner), how Witcher season 2 is going to be likely teased in coming month and it further peaking interest of those who've not yet played wild hunt, how there are other series planned for Witcher etc... I highly doubt the company is going anywhere anytime soon.

Sure if you're aiming to only look ahead only 1 month ahead of time, there might be nothing promising in horizon. Especially how poorly CDPR is keeping the community informed of anything happening with the patching... I mean they do inform us about what WAS patched very well (a little bit too detailed might I say), but it's just seems they don't want to overpromise features that might take longer to patch in... now, CD Projekt... you don't have to tell us when X is going to be fixed, just tell that you're working on these features, show up some beta builds, we can take the rough edges. At least that'd make the gaming community excited to see SOMETHING rather than weak sales numbers.

Still... Even with Sony accepting the game back in store just for the PS4 sake, likelihood of some epic level of surge of new gamers is veeeery unlikely happen... maybe 5% more in total sales by the year 2025, but most sales will likely come from next gen and PC, and of course from those 5% lets say half to two thirds is will also be those who'd buy the next gen console anyway, so it's not really a huge profit lost... granted if there's not another struggle with next gen update... and they can't manage to start convincing consumers about future content and listening community feedback, making all these barbers and car modifications, gang reputation system etc, then maybe there would be something to be scared.

I think there's still nothing to be really afraid of, considering that SOME people like me have actually checked what they did for Witcher 3 expansions. And I've not even finished Witcher 2 yet. I've played Witcher 3 but stopped after slaying Griffin. I'm a terrible fan. But I still despite all of that am able to understand that these guys listen and make changes, bring out new quests based on fan feedback.

Yeah the release was pretty reckless and the game could've used delayed launch for consoles, even until the next gen versions release date for next winter. They could have just called it... what's it called? Early Access. And then just kept working on the game, while having a steady population of I guess maybe 50% of less people playing overall, maybe 5 million people playing in Early Access? And then after getting a lot of positive feedback from everyone, then make a full release in next years winter sales.

People say that CD Projekt did excellent with the marketing, but I think it's the exact opposite, they could have done the marketing 100 times better just by letting players know that it's not really the complete product and one more year would have to be sacrificed for it. In fact I think I'm on the opposite side of most of these "Game Journalists" opinions like them blaming investors for pressuring the release... with not a single evidence where you could easily find transcripts or listen in calls yourself.

Yes the game was performing poorly and it was received poorly. The PC experience was "finished" and unlike some people... who really shouldn't be games journalists said game crashes every 5 minutes... I had only 1 crash in 1.22, recently. And that's it. And I played since launch. Tried every new patch, read most patch notes etc.

I hope the LEADERSHIP of CDPR had learned harsh lesson and will be very unlikely to suffer such humiliation again, and I really hope for the next release they plan listening fan feedback either by some form of early access program, perhaps some limited testing program contracts where you're allowed to play the game and all your crashes are reported to them, you get to give your opinion about game etc.

Of course the game had large scale and there was a lot of problems I assume with distance working, being hacked etc, so I don't blame developers for being incompetent.

Of course it could be as well that the game had bad communication between the teams and leadership and this what caused the big blunder and with the change in hierarchy and boosting the communication it's going to be solved.

But it doesn't instill a lot of confidence when update to the roadmap is pretty much the same as it was on release day.

I mean something like this even would be welcome:
1622664514610.png

I seriously hope when in there was talks of turning things around, that it really mean like opening up and showing what you can do and not just being "well we're... we're gonna make fixes till 2022 and maybe... if we have time... for some DLC."

I mean there had been few rumors/leaks already with was it 12 DLC contents being listed or something and all you had to do to respond was "The amount of DLC packs planned is in that range, but names are wrong.", anything but "hey it's all fake."

I just find it hugely strange... unless they're planning to surprise us all in E3, otherwise it's just very very strange with the 60% of Cyberpunk crew working on new content, when it took just roughly 6 months of work to craft new expansion (Hearts of Stone 13.10.2015 - Blood and Wine 30.05.2016).

I mean there's talks about "project you just been working with 1/3 of staff" which you again stayed very coy about... which would lead someone like me to assume that's 6 months later after release, is kind of in a timetable to announce new expansion...... but if it not...

I think it's just very very very strange behavior, if there's really nothing to show for in E3... then it starts to sound like you're just grasping air entire year for nothing...

I mean show us something. Make these doubters go F themselves. 6 months of radio silence is... I guess typical CDPR, if there is preparation of something to be announced.

But can there be some middle ground, where you kinda tease that you at least show up there? Make it anonymous leak if you have to.

I don't think this kind of strategy works well in current environment... but then again it might... it's just not very satisfying to wait.

I guess we'll truly only know when E3 comes around.

Last edited:
Love the post and agree :)

I think that because of the short attention span and greed of the players, the game would (be considered a) fail/letdown anyway.
E.g: If the game is FPP, you don't need a proper sleeping animation :)
(There's a reason for new phone generations being released pretty much every single year...)

I also learned to hate the reviewers, because they seem just to google the most recent news, put them together and mix them with their personal uninformed opinions. I haven't seen anyone using any more sources other than stuff like google, Reddit,...

Eventually, I think that Witcher 3 was sometimes even more shallow than CP, considered downgraded, bugged,..., but it's still considered a GOTY masterpiece that is selling well even 6 years after...

I think that it's because at that time CDPR was much less known and fans liked the project scope/studio size ratio.
Call it a talent or a potential, but measure it in romances, pixels and gameplay hours :)

Though, with such growth, when the studio size...like tripled, I think that fans were expecting exponentially greater quality of everything.
Like thousand NPCs on the streets, infinite city views without the loss of the detail, incredible AI and everything interactive,...

Funnily enough, I think that given 1-2 years, it would have been delivered :D

I loved what Piranha Bytes said about this topic here:

Growin bigger means to operate with more money, and a single failure can cost a lot,...
And if you are on the top, there is only one way that you can go....
Though it's a shame that CP's failure was caused by CDPR in the first place...

Last edited:
Played Witcher 3 about 20 minutes before I got bored. Pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077, and has played over 1019 hours, so I've gotten way more for what I paid. Before Cyberpunk 2077, I wasn't a fan. Not exactly sure I can call me a fan either, but I don't despise CDPR like I absolutely despise EA. I tolerate them for the time being, as I am capable of looking around and see what going on in the world. The covid-thing with social distancing and wearing masks certainly didn't help things (for anyone), and I chalk it up to these circumstances why bug-fixes has been slower than usual as they (like everybody else) has been forced to adapt to a new situation.

Everyone (well at least 95% of what I find on internet) is painting like the company is grasping for last breath of air because of supposed horrific sales numbers.

I my news feed yesterday was an article that said turnover in sales was about 2% down comparing Q1/2021 with Q1/2020.

CDPR is a dealership for Games (GOG) and basically sells one product line (Witcher/Gwent) which is - at a general view - pretty much at the end of its life cycle.
The pandemic should have a positive effect on the sales of the gaming industry in general.
Q1/2020 was not so much effected, if at all, by this positive effect, while Q1/2021 will at least in January and February have massive benefits from the pandemic.
Even if one may argue the Witcher-product line sales will decrease, the GOG part should have at least buffered this or even increased turnover.

Then add that this company launched a second product line (CP) in Q4/2020, so Q1/2021 should have seen a massive increase in turnover.

So it is indeed a very concerning, if not alarming situation. Because it seems there is some fundamental structural issue, even if you do not take the whole CP-situation into consideration.

I would have quite some troubles explaining to my board, if my department lost 2% in turnover comparing Q1/2020 and Q1/2021, and sales of our products are not positively effected by the pandemic.
If I were to present a decrease in sales turnover, I would not be surprised to hear the term "horrific sales numbers", I would expect it!

Last edited:

But if this company was game like Remedy Entertainment, these numbers of sales in just Q1 (if they were around 1 million units) would still be earth shattering.

Their most recent game Control roughly 2 years (being released in August 2019) had sold 2 million units.
In their initial release year they managed to accumulate €17.7M in sales where reports said they only gained roughly 45% only from sales meaning an estimated €39,33M euro (17.7 / 0.45) worth of money changed hands with consumers. Assuming game went into sale once before winter or during winter sales, lets say average sale price for product was in 45€. With this formula we can assume the first year the game sold roughly ~900 000 copies.

Only much later the game has gotten at least a little bit more recognition in the media and the sales have went up in the following 2020 year by 1.1 million, with maybe an additional .5 in Q1 of 2021, making it 2.5 million copies in total.

According to google searching what the game cost to make, first result gave me with budget of between €20m ($22.2m) and €30m ($33.3m).

So it took them likely 14-20 months to turn their game profitable. CDPR did that in release day, from preorders alone.

Just saying that 13.7 million is pretty effin huge number, and if you're able to double it in 12-18 months (where you'd assume people will eventually buy it once it goes on sale for PC), many other companies are dreaming about these kinds of figures.

So yes it turns out this game might not print the money in such massive scale the GTA 5 has done for Rockstar, but keep in mind CD Project was practically an indie studio in verge of bankruptcy before Witcher 3's success. Rockstar had been creating 3D racing gangster games over 22 years and had basically entire reputation resting on each game having something small added to it's existing mechanics.

And now that CDPR was making something like €461M in sales and acquisition of Digital Scapes (to be renamed CD Projekt RED Vancouver), the long standing relationship with development studio responsible for bringing multiplayer for many games, (who btw had already worked 2 years on Cyberpunk multiplayer features prior to Cyberpunk launch).

And yet people are waving their hands in the air and shouting "Look at me, I am an honest games journalist. CDPR is in BIIIIG trouble!".

Yeah I get that their revenue growth is bad in Q1, but there's no multiplayer yet... would be pretty dumb to assume there is no news coming about that in E3 them being working on that for 2 years, it could take till next year's summer (as the road map and everyone including me already kinda estimated), but it could also be something they plan to announce to be paired in the "next gen release" (similar how GTA 5 did it).

Not only there's no multiplayer but there's also going to be expansion or two in the way, and I don't think those near 15 million current buyers are just going to shrug their shoulders when they come out, so that's already 30€ a copy * 2 which is roughly the same €461M in sales, without gaining a single new buyer for Q2,Q3,Q4, next years Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 the next year after Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 before final expansion I'd assume... until I'd assume 2 years pause until Witcher 4 and 1-2 years till Cyberpunk... lets call it Cyberpunk: Evolved (referring to the original Cyberpunk 2020 expansion of Cybergenerations and it's CyberEvolved beings)... just pure speculation.

And there's even no counting of what potential microtransactions they might implement for multiplayer (don't think it's going to be skins like in CSGO, but maybe if you play some PVP round, in start you get to use emotes or sprays. I don't think they would go so greedy, but who knows :p.

So even with not a single new buyer in whole of 3 years, and everyone were to skip any potential microtransaction, and multiplayer not attracting a single new buyer (probably a bit unrealistic, but still), they would still make, even with all the development cost for these expansions, roughly half in profits.

Not to mention how of course there's the Cyberpunk themed Anime series planned for next year (I guess in preparation for Multiplayer patch, but of course multiplayer could be sooner), how Witcher season 2 is going to be likely teased in coming month and it further peaking interest of those who've not yet played wild hunt, how there are other series planned for Witcher etc... I highly doubt the company is going anywhere anytime soon.

Sure if you're aiming to only look ahead only 1 month ahead of time, there might be nothing promising in horizon. Especially how poorly CDPR is keeping the community informed of anything happening with the patching... I mean they do inform us about what WAS patched very well (a little bit too detailed might I say), but it's just seems they don't want to overpromise features that might take longer to patch in... now, CD Projekt... you don't have to tell us when X is going to be fixed, just tell that you're working on these features, show up some beta builds, we can take the rough edges. At least that'd make the gaming community excited to see SOMETHING rather than weak sales numbers.

Still... Even with Sony accepting the game back in store just for the PS4 sake, likelihood of some epic level of surge of new gamers is veeeery unlikely happen... maybe 5% more in total sales by the year 2025, but most sales will likely come from next gen and PC, and of course from those 5% lets say half to two thirds is will also be those who'd buy the next gen console anyway, so it's not really a huge profit lost... granted if there's not another struggle with next gen update... and they can't manage to start convincing consumers about future content and listening community feedback, making all these barbers and car modifications, gang reputation system etc, then maybe there would be something to be scared.

I think there's still nothing to be really afraid of, considering that SOME people like me have actually checked what they did for Witcher 3 expansions. And I've not even finished Witcher 2 yet. I've played Witcher 3 but stopped after slaying Griffin. I'm a terrible fan. But I still despite all of that am able to understand that these guys listen and make changes, bring out new quests based on fan feedback.

Yeah the release was pretty reckless and the game could've used delayed launch for consoles, even until the next gen versions release date for next winter. They could have just called it... what's it called? Early Access. And then just kept working on the game, while having a steady population of I guess maybe 50% of less people playing overall, maybe 5 million people playing in Early Access? And then after getting a lot of positive feedback from everyone, then make a full release in next years winter sales.

People say that CD Projekt did excellent with the marketing, but I think it's the exact opposite, they could have done the marketing 100 times better just by letting players know that it's not really the complete product and one more year would have to be sacrificed for it. In fact I think I'm on the opposite side of most of these "Game Journalists" opinions like them blaming investors for pressuring the release... with not a single evidence where you could easily find transcripts or listen in calls yourself.

Yes the game was performing poorly and it was received poorly. The PC experience was "finished" and unlike some people... who really shouldn't be games journalists said game crashes every 5 minutes... I had only 1 crash in 1.22, recently. And that's it. And I played since launch. Tried every new patch, read most patch notes etc.

I hope the LEADERSHIP of CDPR had learned harsh lesson and will be very unlikely to suffer such humiliation again, and I really hope for the next release they plan listening fan feedback either by some form of early access program, perhaps some limited testing program contracts where you're allowed to play the game and all your crashes are reported to them, you get to give your opinion about game etc.

Of course the game had large scale and there was a lot of problems I assume with distance working, being hacked etc, so I don't blame developers for being incompetent.

Of course it could be as well that the game had bad communication between the teams and leadership and this what caused the big blunder and with the change in hierarchy and boosting the communication it's going to be solved.

But it doesn't instill a lot of confidence when update to the roadmap is pretty much the same as it was on release day.

I mean something like this even would be welcome:
View attachment 11221940

I seriously hope when in there was talks of turning things around, that it really mean like opening up and showing what you can do and not just being "well we're... we're gonna make fixes till 2022 and maybe... if we have time... for some DLC."

I mean there had been few rumors/leaks already with was it 12 DLC contents being listed or something and all you had to do to respond was "The amount of DLC packs planned is in that range, but names are wrong.", anything but "hey it's all fake."

I just find it hugely strange... unless they're planning to surprise us all in E3, otherwise it's just very very strange with the 60% of Cyberpunk crew working on new content, when it took just roughly 6 months of work to craft new expansion (Hearts of Stone 13.10.2015 - Blood and Wine 30.05.2016).

I mean there's talks about "project you just been working with 1/3 of staff" which you again stayed very coy about... which would lead someone like me to assume that's 6 months later after release, is kind of in a timetable to announce new expansion...... but if it not...

I think it's just very very very strange behavior, if there's really nothing to show for in E3... then it starts to sound like you're just grasping air entire year for nothing...

I mean show us something. Make these doubters go F themselves. 6 months of radio silence is... I guess typical CDPR, if there is preparation of something to be announced.

But can there be some middle ground, where you kinda tease that you at least show up there? Make it anonymous leak if you have to.

I don't think this kind of strategy works well in current environment... but then again it might... it's just not very satisfying to wait.

I guess we'll truly only know when E3 comes around.
What microtransactions and multiplayer?!
What 30 $ on dlc for an already unfinished, bad release.
No no no.
We dont want such greedy practices. The gaming world is already full of multiplayer, battle royale, microtransactions and loot boxes.
Let them stick to single player experience. Repairing their game first and then make Witcher 4.

Surma.

Forum regular
What microtransactions and multiplayer?!
What 30 $ on dlc for an already unfinished, bad release.
No no no.
We dont want such greedy practices. The gaming world is already full of multiplayer, battle royale, microtransactions and loot boxes.
Let them stick to single player experience. Repairing their game first and then make Witcher 4.
1. They already have microtransactions in Gwent, their upcoming mobile Witcher game is free to play (where you'd assume they're trying to emulate some type of Pokemon Go style free to play model)
2. Would you consider Valve being a greedy indie company for making Half Life? Last I remember it had multiplayer.
3. They acquired Digital Scapes which has long experience in specifically creating multiplayer content, so why act surprised?
4. Witcher 3 expansions weren't exactly free... so I don't get where this idea of "Cyberpunk Expansion... will cost money? How outrageous!" is coming from
5. Creating new content isn't exactly free and not a single company (with maybe exception of couple of indie studios with the side of 1-20 people) could churn out new content for free, but even they would be doing it mostly to boost sales.

Of course there will eventually be the Ultimate Edition of Cyberpunk somewhere in ~2025 to "ethical gamers" who will then buy the game on sale for 20 dollars because making money is hard and they really don't want to overspend on entertainment. Probably same type of people who buy those 1500 dollar phones and then use it to play Candy Crush.

Last edited:
1. They already have microtransactions in Gwent, their upcoming mobile Witcher game is free to play (where you'd assume they're trying to emulate some type of Pokemon Go style free to play model)
2. Would you consider Valve being a greedy indie company for making Half Life? Last I remember it had multiplayer.
3. They acquired Digital Scapes which has long experience in specifically creating multiplayer content, so why act surprised?
4. Witcher 3 expansions weren't exactly free... so I don't get where this idea of "Cyberpunk Expansion... will cost money? How outrageous!" is coming from
5. Creating new content isn't exactly free and not a single company (with maybe exception of couple of indie studios with the side of 1-20 people) could churn out new content for free, but even they would be doing it mostly to boost sales.

Of course there will eventually be the Ultimate Edition of Cyberpunk somewhere in ~2025 to "ethical gamers" who will then buy the game on sale for 20 dollars because making money is hard and they really don't want to overspend on entertainment. Probably same type of people who buy those 1500 dollar phones and then use it to play Candy Crush.

1. I did not knew they had microtrasanctions in Gwent. How greedy.
2. Valve killed the Half Life(no more Half Life 3 even though was the most desired game sequal) francize going multiplayer, microtransactions. I consider them super greedy.
3. Witcher 3 was not released broken, unfinished, unplayable. To do this after such bad release seems so immoral and greedy. Witcher 3 story dlcs were long and very good like a new game.
4. They bragged they would leave greed to others. When someone suspected :"CD Projekt are considering “games as a service” for CyberPunk 2077 as part of their drive to make it more "commercially significant.""They said: "Worry not. When thinking CP2077, think nothing less than TW3 — huge single player, open world, story-driven RPG. No hidden catch, you get what you pay for — no bullshit, just honest gaming like with Wild Hunt. We leave greed to others."
I do not buy games from Valve, EA, Activision, Ubisoft. These companies are super greedy.
Saying other people do it does not make it ok.

Surma.

Forum regular
Witcher 3 was not released broken
Actually...

Cyberpunk had far less severe glitches from what I can tell comparing my experience to this footage. And it too hard crashed just like Cyberpunk.

People just don't remember this because apparently they all came from different dimension where past doesn't exist.

Sure we can make argument that game was rushed out unfinished with monorail train stations not being implemented, along with police system being very underwhelming.

Witcher 3 story dlcs were long and very good like a new game.

Never I said they wouldn't create full fletched expansions. Of course they're not going to call Barber DLC as expansion and start charging 30 dollars for that alone.

I do not buy games from Valve, EA, Activision, Ubisoft. These companies are super greedy.

All companies strive to make profit but I do agree the ones mentioned (along with the majority of gaming industry) are really starting to prey on the vulnerable.

But in some defense of the industry, It's kinda though to make games nowadays with budgets of hundreds of millions when people would not spend the initial cost and would rather play some free to play games to waste their time until game inevitably goes on sale half the price, and they'll eventually skip the game anyway because it's far cooler to play with friends on endless in game currency grind.

In that sense I'm really happy that single player adventures are still a huge market with Souls genre revitalizing some of the support along with indie gaming.

Problem with multiplayer games is that they tend to lose players without some sorts of incentives to keep playing, which usually involve some form of greedy practises.

This problem is purely psychological and we're never going to get rid of it without a proper action by the Government intervention.

Last edited:
People just don't remember this because apparently they all came from different dimension where past doesn't exist.
When the argument is that CDPR's last game released in an even worse state than this one, that is not good. Would this dimension of which you speak include all of those who are staunchly defending this game against all criticism, while conveniently ignoring all of the misleading hype, marketing and dodgy behaviour towards customers from CDPR?

Actually...

Cyberpunk had far less severe glitches from what I can tell comparing my experience to this footage. And it too hard crashed just like Cyberpunk.

The bugs were not by far as much as cyberpunk 2077. The youtube is full, many times more of Cyberpunk 2077 bugs then Witcher 3.
Saying is similar or worse is not accurate.
Cyberpunk 2077 beside bugs crashed so much, was unplayable, performance got even worse with time, texture were loading in real time(this still happens), stuttering, broken SSR, blurry TAA, police AI unfinished, AI in general below in complexity with games that are 5, 10, 15 years old, vanishing cars and NPCs while turning(seeing this - very immersion breaking) , lips syncing broken, cars going through solid objects, locked doors everywhere.
False promises, hype, not giving consoles codes for review, not allowing reviewers to show their gameplay footage but they were given the gameplay footage to show(very shady thing to do).

Last edited:
When the argument is that CDPR's last game released in an even worse state than this one, that is not good.
Umm... yes it kinda is.

Would this dimension of which you speak include all of those who are staunchly defending this game against all criticism
Who are these people you speak of? I think everyone recognizes that police was far from perfect, that there are areas where cars travel through rails, that AI especially at launch was very underwhelming on it's response to hearing gunshots.

I don't think there are any people who just blindly defend CDPR for Cyberpunks shortcomings, but there are plenty who blindly hate on the game because they're not willing to check what the game actually is. So many people I've heard commenting they can't go 5 minutes in PC without game crashing, when even on PS4 you could play the game at least hour or two before that happening. For every staunch defender of Cyberpunk I could find you 1000 times more people who never played the game, making memes online how terrible state it is.

There's like 1 clip in entire YouTube where someone uploaded car flying through the air when it was summoned, and at l least 10 YouTubers I've heard mention "cars are flying through the air" like it was common occurrence that happens to everyone.

If this happened to Skyrim, it'd be completely different story entirely for the game, where everyone would just talk how none of the enemies react to your attacks and how every dragon is just attacking you without any animations, and how people are pissed off about hearing Arrow in the Knee 100 000 000th time.

It's like a cult where speaking out against the narrative is considered as death sentence.

The youtube is full, many times more of Cyberpunk 2077 bugs then Witcher 3.
Because it become popular to post these videos.

Cyberpunk 2077 beside bugs crashed so much, was unplayable
On consoles. For PC the experience was pretty much what was described by AJ in Witcher 3 review.

And I'm sure consoles too crashed way more often in Witcher 3 than playing on PC.

And for the rest of that long list: Yes there was a bottleneck when it came to loading assets and CDPR had said they weren't aware how complex it would be to downscale the experience for the slow HDD drives.

Obviously they should have known better that there's still large portion who didn't play game on PS5 or Xbox Series X or PC with SSD and that they simply should have taken that into account and released their versions later.

People say they were great in marketing but I think that their PR was the worst of any gaming company I've known in recent memory. All they had to do was to say "We are releasing this game on all platforms, but be aware that current setup requires SSD, we are currently making steps to downscale the assets so you can play the game base gen consoles which do not have SSD drives."

Instead of this they say "We are proud of the PC release and consoles didn't meet our expectations."

It's just bad communication after bad communication. And I've said on other topic they should have just called it Early Access and called for 1 year delay, label the Next Gen release as time for initial release.

Even if they only made 5 million players (similar to Valheim current player base in Early Access) it would still have instilled a lot of confidence by players and gave them some extra breathing room to make changes and fixes.

I don't think there are any people who just blindly defend CDPR for Cyberpunks shortcomings, but there are plenty who blindly hate on the game because they're not willing to check what the game actually is.
Many of the threads on this forum would disagree. The amount of times I've been told that this is not GTA so the police don't matter, amongst the other brushing aside of the crap AI, traffic, lack of open world content and features that never made it into the game. Personally, I think it should be up to CDPR to explain themselves, but it is easier for them to remain silent, holding all the cards, while their loyal fans fight their battles for them. I find this approach arrogant.
For every staunch defender of Cyberpunk I could find you 1000 times more people who never played the game, making memes online how terrible state it is.
What has that got to do with me? This isn't a sports team to be supported. This was a business transaction and I got burned, I am not happy about that. I do not care for people's silly tribal allegiances and squabbles, to me this is about the purchase I made.

but there are plenty who blindly hate on the game because they're not willing to check what the game actually is

I could find you 1000 times more people who never played the game, making memes online how terrible state it is.

It's like a cult where speaking out against the narrative is considered as death sentence.
This attitude here is a problem. It is disrespectful, rude, and antagonizing.
It was also present in the opening post, so it seems it is the main premise of this thread.

We do not need such threads. This is already turning into yet another "let's hate on the game and devs", too -- also not something we need.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom