State of console players?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understood, the opposite was actually true: at launch, the 6th Generation Consoles couldn't play Cyberpunk 2077 above 10-15FPS due to poor optimization after the game was ported, While the Series X and PS5 were fine.
Don't really know about that.
I play Cyberpunk all December on XB1x and in 4K (every days of December for tell the truth...), apart some crashs, some fps drop in very populated area (like V's apartment), it was quite playable :)
Since january, on XBSX, Cyberpunk don't look better, but no crash (or almost before 1.2), no FPS drop and light-speed loading times (2 or 3s for reload a save for example).

Last edited:
Don't really know about that.
I play Cyberpunk all December on XB1x and in 4K (every days of December for tell the truth...), apart some crashs, some fps drop in very populated area (like V's apartment), it was quite playable :)
Since january, on XBSX, Cyberpunk don't look better, but no crash (or almost before 1.2), no FPS drop and light-speed loading times (2 or 3s for relaod a save for example).

Same on ps4 pro...it seems the real problems were (are?) on the base consoles. Or maybe I was lucky ofcourse:)

Last edited:
With patch 1.2 the graphics were seriously downgraded for PC, I suppose they've done the same for the consoles.
Only my anecdotal experience, but on an original Xbox One, the patch sorted the issue with a lot of textures failing to load at the proper level of detail, so it was a serious graphics upgrade in that sense. As for everything else, that appeared about the same as before, which is to say perfectly decent apart from the grainy effect that users on all platforms have to some degree. The visuals on Xbox One are not an issue, from my point of view.

Same on ps4 pro...it seems the real problems were (are?) one the base consoles. Or maybe I was lucky ofcourse:)
In on a base ps4, playing in 4k with HDR. Largely its pretty good. Notice frame drops occasionally when driving at pace through busy parts of the city. It seems to preload a smaller group of textures than on pc (As in there is less vehicle variety and npc outfits repeat quite frequently). If you sprint up to unique npcs (mox / afterlife bouncers for example) then you'll notice a soft lag as it renders those textures.

Game was unplayable at launch, playable since 1.06, pretty much fine since 1.2 (no crashes in 90 hrs on this v)
My only ongoing issue is the screen space reflections, after rain or in very neon areas at night the smooth textures (concrete, marble etc) and water look a bit like sandpaper in the distance, they're great up close.

Can happily play for 6 hours before I need to reboot the machine and clear the cache as things will start to slow down noticeably after that point.

It seems to preload a smaller group of textures than on pc (As in the its less vehicle variety and npc outfits repeat quite frequently). If you sprint up to unique npcs (mox / afterlife bouncers for example) then you'll notice a soft lag as it renders those textures.
Yes, this is true on Xbox One.

Only my anecdotal experience, but on an original Xbox One, the patch sorted the issue with a lot of textures failing to load at the proper level of detail, so it was a serious graphics upgrade in that sense. As for everything else, that appeared about the same as before, which is to say perfectly decent apart from the grainy effect that users on all platforms have to some degree. The visuals on Xbox One are not an issue, from my point of view.
I played on ps4 pro only after patch 1.2 and all I saw was that the graphics and the performance are good :)

With patch 1.2 the graphics were seriously downgraded for PC, I suppose they've done the same for the consoles.
I didn't notice this, in fact, I think the graphics look much better. I'm assuming they're optimizing the performance by going all in on something like DSSLR, to where, if you're trying to render at 1080P, instead the game renders at 480P, smoothes/blurs everything so there are no jagged edges, and then upscales the graphics to 1080P.

From what I understand, this can lead to CPU/RAM bottlenecks, which leads to the display not being upscaled at most distances and/or speeds.

Looks freaking 10X better on the Xbox One, I'll say that much.

Maybe make sure that you don't have a bottleneck, aside from your GPU?

Yes, graphics were further downgraded to stabilise FPS, which was not needed on PS5 were the main issue, apart from millions of bugs, was (and is) the frequency of crashes.

PS4 version was not and is not playable.
Post automatically merged:

Ofcourse they do and I doubt people not believing that...they are probably talking about last gen consoles that are....well...quite far behind on hardware:)
I've heard people complaining that new consoles can't run games in native 4k 60fps and ray tracing so you'll never know :p

I didn't notice this, in fact, I think the graphics look much better. I'm assuming they're optimizing the performance by going all in on something like DSSLR, to where, if you're trying to render at 1080P, instead the game renders at 480P, smoothes/blurs everything so there are no jagged edges, and then upscales the graphics to 1080P.

From what I understand, this can lead to CPU/RAM bottlenecks, which leads to the display not being upscaled at most distances and/or speeds.

Looks freaking 10X better on the Xbox One, I'll say that much.

Maybe make sure that you don't have a bottleneck, aside from your GPU?
Normally everything is OK.

I'm not sure "game performance" is the "real" reason about that Cyberpunk is not on the PS Store. From what I've read, Cyberpunk isn't any worse on PS4 than it is on Xbox One and yet Cyberpunk has always been available on Xbox Store :)
Microsoft and Sony are 2 independent companies. Still, cyberpunk is the only game with warnings about performances on the Microsoft store.
Post automatically merged:

Have you played first hand on PS4?

CDPR made Sony lose face, they're paying the price for that.
No, I played it on PS5 and it wasn't acceptable per se.

Sony after that mess demands an almost perfect game that surely at least never crashes or new refunds would be asked. Which is something Sony doesn't want to deal with again.

Ofc, with "perfect" I mean performance-wise, all the other problems and design flaws are not something Sony is interested in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom