R. Talsorian announces the reissue of the classic Cyberpunk 2020® prpg!

+
R. Talsorian announces the reissue of the classic Cyberpunk 2020® prpg!

Due to the great response and demand sparked by the Cyberpunk 2077 video game teaser trailer, R. Talsorian is proud to announce the reissue of the classic Cyberpunk 2020® p&p rpg. Cyberpunk is the first and best cyberpunk rpg and there are a lot more stories to tell. Make sure you know where it all started! http://bit.ly/12GTrGo

“You can't know the world of Cyberpunk 2077 unless you know the place it came from: Cyberpunk® 2020. From iconic characters like Morgan “Solo” Blackhand and Rache “Netrunner” Bartmoss, to the dark heart of Night City, the Cyberpunk® RPG is the one place to get the inside story on what the Cyberpunk® world is all about and how it will evolve on the path to its future 2077 incarnation. The CDPR team knows this book inside and out--and you'd better too if you plan to be ready to tackle the Dark Future.”

--Mike Pondsmith

There's a couple threads about purchasing the books over here that has those of us who've bought copies of the other books. Is this reissue something beyond that or were we fortunate enough to get early versions of the reissue? Any idea?

Is this the same as the previous rule book (I assume it is as it is a reissue)? If this is the case, is there going to be an updated one to coincide with the release of the computer game?

This news makes me very happy. While I don't need another copy of the rules at this time. the fact that we are seeing them come out once more makes me one happy choomba!

Very excited about this. I continue to run CP2020 groups to this day. Any chance that we might see a hardcover edition? Maybe a special 25th Anniversary Edition?

Night City, the Chromebooks, et. al., are available in PDF from DriveThruRPG, as is the 2020 rules. 2013, sadly, is not. This is an official PDF storefront by RTal, not a warez site. Most people prefer print, and I encourage you, but for many of the supplements that might not be in print and might not ever come into print, this is the way. (It also has some of the more ill-fated works. V3, anybody?)

Also, if you want Mekton Z, it's there too. Don't laugh - Mekton Z+ has rules for using MZ to generate power armors, and you can easily adapt those rules for designing your own full body borg conversions.

I wonder if I can get a deal from Mr. Pondsmith if I purchase multiples of books, like 3 or 4 sets? Which will be in awhile of course, have to wait on funds :)

You don't think Mike would offer a small percentage discount if I was to purchase like 3 or 4 sets of all the CP2020 books he is selling then?

EVERY thing is up to Li...er, Mike. Yesss. You can always ask. Bulk purchases often see a price reduction. I doubt 3-4 would interes them, though. Ask for 30!

I doubt you can get a discount from R Tal unless you are a retailer. Even then you might have to go through a wholesaler. Are all the books available from the RTal websight? If not there is Ebay, Amazon, hpbmarketplace.com, Half Price Books. Or wait and see if they reissue all the books.

Hey Mike, Dan L. Here[ (you may not remember me). Am SO jazzed 2020 is being re-issued for all the newbies out there who don't know your game. FYI, I still have all my original Cyberpunk books and source books and to this day have been doing my part to keep Cyberpunk alive. The video game is an homage to you and it's about time!

It's great the game is back in print. And while the entire line isn't being reprinted, having 22 of the books back is still awesome. And while I've got two of the main book, maybe I should buy a third to help support R.Tal.

:)

I'm honestly hoping that 2077 is successful enough to convince Maximum Mike to make a new, updated version, using the old Interlock system (NOT FUZION or V3!), of the PnP game that reflects the 2077 setting and significantly advances the technology. The sad thing about CP2020, as much as I love it, is that unless you create a LOT of house rules regarding gear, there are a LOT of things in current tech that FAR exceed the tech in the game! Look at smartpones; a lot of them are more powerful than the computers that Netrunners use in 2020; the ONLY thing they don't have is a Headjack. Yeah, we don't have flying cars, fully-functional cyberlimbs, or the Mr. Studd/Midnight Lady implants (YET), but even our most basic computers are MUCH more powerful than the ones in CP2020.

I don't think it would be that difficult to revamp the system/setting to incorporate the changes in the "real world," and extrapolate from there into 2077. I'm sure that any dedicated fan could come up with their own version, if they wanted to and had the MASSIVE amounts of time required to do so! And that would be great... for them, and the people they play with. But they couldn't release it to the public, unless they somehow decided to buy the trademarks & copyrights from Mike, which just wouldn't be cool... and I DOUBT he would sell. So, we'll just have to make sure that 2077 is a big enough hit to convince Mike that it's time to rebuild Interlock and release Cyberpunk 2077 as a PnP game!

(while Wisdom is indisposed I think we should all fill in for him here...)

@SyntheticPhylum

Have you looked up Interlock Unlimited from the Datafortress 2020 website? It rebalances a lot of the things that were not 100% in the original Interlock.

Right, now that's out of the way...

We are hopeful that Mike will produce a new edition, but in the mean time he is producing Chrome Book 5. There could be an awful lot of stuff in there to plug the gap.

Top Bottom