Cybernetics: Things that seem off?

+
GRIN.

"To get decent internet connection have to supply the gerbils with meth... the largest industry left in arkansas... but supply is dwindling and prices are rising, and everyone now has to deal with an mass infestation of meth fueled gerbils... "

Okay, THAT is a cool plot. For some game. That isn't CP2020. Numenera, maybe.

Wisdom, do you know where the batteries reference pops up?

Chrome 3 page 122

While the discussion on meth-addicted gerbils is fascinating, and is giving me ideas regarding my own internet connection, what part of "stop derailing the thread" was unclear?

(Edit: Thanks, Wisdom)

While the discussion on meth-addicted gerbils is fascinating, and is giving me ideas regarding my own internet connection, what part of "stop derailing the thread" was unclear?

(Edit: Thanks, Wisdom)

Sorry luv, missed the original warning while I was writing out my wall of text in response to gal's wall of text...

On topic, the batteries in CP 2020 may be the most honest extrapolation of the future in the game... they are amaazing, but so is the difference in a battery from 20 years ago in comparison to a battery today... I mean christ, look at cell phones... Hell just 8 years ago my battery was good enough to power my phone for maybe a couple of calls, and it had a shitty lcd screen, no apps, no games... now my phone lasts days at a time, unless I watch videos, then I still get a few hours.

and its not even that good of a phone...

Chrome 3 page 122
"Furthermore, most major-power cybernetic implants require new batteries eve'Y year. Implants with such high power-uses are: cyberarms, cyberlegs, cyberhands (those not attached to a cyberarm), cybersnakes, and linear frames. Other implants work off a single battery; one battery works them all, no matter
how many you have. New batteries cost 100eb apiece; 200eb apiece if you don't have old ones to tum in for recharging. Each cyberarm/leg/snake requires a separate battery, a linear frame needs four, and one will run one or two cyberhands.
"

Wisdom - see; Cyberpunk index.

I thought, given you are in Thailand, you were going to refer to food...

Now, now... You take yourself too seriously.. That's just not how we do things around this forum... We did not make fun of the fact you think before you post, we mocked the fact that you think we should respect your post and agree with you because of your WALL OF TEXT... (Which doesn't really impress anybody.. Just sayin') And you blame us of contributing nothing intelligent ourselves? Coming from a guy who has less than 200 post, that's a joke.. We already discussed most of the things that are intelligent we can to discuss about.. (There is a hidden pun somewhere.. I can feel it..) What you posted, doesn't go beyond being a re post.. So you are not really spitting fresh or brilliant ideas.. Sorry..

I never said you had to agree with me, but you do have to defend your fucking opinions if you want them to be taken seriously. Instead you people just derail and distract and avoid any chance of being wrong by never saying anything worth reading

As for how much I contribute? I;ve been here for about a month and in that time I've started 12 threads, all of them in THIS forum. You;ve been here sice March, made ten threads, none of them HERE.

I've personally created one out of every six threads on this fucking sub forum.

I've made my 'less than 200 posts' in less than a month, contributing over 6 posts per day. You've been here more than half a year, seven times longer than me and have a lower post per day average. And again, mostly outside of this sub forum. And most of those posts (like the vast majority of Sard's are pointless garbage. the majority of my posts contribute actual content.

The P&P subforum was stagnant before I got here. I DO contribute, more than you or probably anyone else short of Wisdom, and I get mocked for it.
Anyone who contributed a sixth of the content of an entire subforum in the span of a month is someone who is contributing.

So, enjoy going back to stagnating.

Woah.

That was...pretty rude.

I haven't done content comparisons or tried to see who has written the most and how valuable it has been or who is more useful. This isn't my job - it's a pleasant communications medium covering a subject I enjoy with people I like to communicate with.

I hope that's true for most of the people here.

If you are here to contribute content, great. So are we, at our own pace and pleasure. This is not a race. We aren't being graded.

You are creating criteria to justify your results and using those criteria to judge others. That's not particularly fair or pleasant. It certainly doesn't assist in communication, the purpose of a forum.

And cut out the attacks. It's not appropriate or very mature.

Would you like to go back to talking about oddball Cybernetics? Ironically, think you're the OP, but I haven't checked. Because it doesn't matter to me.

Guys lets play nice please, we are immature grown ups here with a over ability to let our inner NERD rage but in all honesty we don't have to do it really :)

You were all requested to stop with the personal attacks, and to stop derailing the thread.

The thread is now locked until and will be reopened only after you've all had time to calm down.

I never really got why you could haave two cybereyes and have 4 different options in each and there would be no issues with focusing or depth perception.

What's up with that?

On the topic of cyber eyes...

Is there any point in getting the Optical vizor thing? It says it allows 5 options, but it ***** up your Appearance and is a more serious operation than getting two cyber eyes which allow for 8 options? i mean other than looking like Robocop which is cool of course.

Yeah, I checked and they're both MAJOR surgeries, I remembered incorrectly. So 2 cyber eyes comes down to $4,000 and Optic Mount is $2,500. Still, I don't think there's really point in getting the Optic Mount for just that one extra option slot. Maybe give the Optic Mount some Armor points? After all it does say it's a "shielded cluster of optics" in the rules.

I never said you had to agree with me, but you do have to defend your fucking opinions if you want them to be taken seriously.

You realize I posted a lengthy reply to your long post... don't know if you missed it or ignored it.

As for the mono visor... it's really just a style thing, as there is no real benefit to having it. In fact, it offers a distinct disadvantage...

But thats the beauty of Cyberpunk, they offer tech that someone will think looks cool, just cause, and treat it accordingly.

If your looking to upgrade, get the opti-shield in chrome 1 offers armor and 3 options in addition to your cyber eyes :)

mfw you lot get busted by our dearest mods

But really, I love the idea of cybernetics coming coupled with disadvantages in CP77. It would also really make sense to take into account the major/minor nature of the surgeries, and perhaps have that affect player performance in the next however many game-time hours.

We REALLY have to run some PnP for people in the next year or two. Or even sooner.

I would be down for that.

About the topic of "Firing from hip" I always thought that it was somekind of the quick-attack rule (+3 Ini -3 hit), since you dont spend your time aiming correctly, but you can start pretty quick to spray death.

I thing the main concern about Galahad, is that, as you play with different people, you end actually playing with a dozen house rules, as everyone has to guess his owns, so this could end in more discussion as there is no clear reference.

I would like to have a good main reference of rules, is ok that CP2020 gives you lots of freedom, but is very confussing and frustrating sometimes, someone always tries to turn all this "grey zone" to his personal advantage.

One thing that I always hated is having a great Cyberpunk game with CP2020, but a very clear and reasonable rules in all versions of Shadowrun, Hell! I even tried to play Cyberpunk 2020 using the Shadowrun rules, but always find myself turning to CP2020 and his misty rules...

What an Irony!!!! CP2020 system has more "MAGIC" than Shadowrun's!!!

Top Bottom