Trouble logging in with correct account

+
Hello i am new here, i have a weird problem with my gwent account after a month of inactivity i decide to reconnect the account but this restarted the game from zero with a new nickname. I remember have a different nickname and if i search the account on gwent database is here. Anyone has had this problem. The account is the gog account and have change the password once but i don't think is this the problem and i don't remember the nickname change because i have old mail with the right nick.

but this restarted the game from zero with a new nickname
This is impossible; there is no way a nickname will change it without you changing it, and there have been no account resets in years.
The only logical possibility I can see is that you created a new account instead of using the existing one.

This is impossible; there is no way a nickname will change it without you changing it, and there have been no account resets in years.
The only logical possibility I can see is that you created a new account instead of using the existing one.
Yeah but i stil don't understand where is the problem because if i go in the account don't open the old but the new, i try to contac the support of gwent but they can't help me so i wrote to gog but they still have to answer me.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Hello i am new here, i have a weird problem with my gwent account after a month of inactivity i decide to reconnect the account but this restarted the game from zero with a new nickname. I remember have a different nickname and if i search the account on gwent database is here. Anyone has had this problem. The account is the gog account and have change the password once but i don't think is this the problem and i don't remember the nickname change because i have old mail with the right nick.
So you can't remember your old nick name? The name of your Gwent account should be the same as your GOG account. Maybe you have an old backup from your windows installation, which contains screenshots or something like that?

So you can't remember your old nick name? The name of your Gwent account should be the same as your GOG account. Maybe you have an old backup from your windows installation, which contains screenshots or something like that?
yeah my old nickname is Carabaz25 and in gwent is present i found the page account on the official site. Wen i setup the account i used that name but in gog is not the same is with 94 finale.

DC9V

Forum veteran
yeah my old nickname is Carabaz25 and in gwent is present i found the page account on the official site. Wen i setup the account i used that name but in gog is not the same is with 94 finale.
Can you log-in on GOG.com with Carabaz25? If not, did you try to reset the password? (If it's not possible to log-in, you probably need to activate cross-site-tracking in the browser settings.) If you can log-in on GOG [web] with your old nick name, you should be able to log-in in GOG [app], too. If the Gwent account has been purchased via an old Steam account, you can link the .exe of your old Gwent-account to your current Steam account, and then connect your current Steam account with GOG, which will include all games that belong to the "Family Sharing" library.

Last edited:
Can you log-in on GOG.com with Carabaz25? If not, did you try to reset the password? (If it's not possible to log-in, you probably need to activate cross-site-tracking in the browser settings.) If you can log-in on GOG with your old nick name, you should be able to log-in in GOG, too. If the Gwent account has been purchased via an old Steam account, you can link the .exe of your old Gwent-account to your current Steam account, and then connect your Steam account with GOG, which includes all games that belong to the "Family Sharing" library.
So i found the problem finally thanks to you. I check old email from gogteam and found the old account is register with an wrong version of my main email and it work for gog but not for google 😂and the new account use the right version of this email. Now i can't fix the problem hope same day is possible merge multiple account.

DC9V

Forum veteran
So i found the problem finally thanks to you. I check old email from gogteam and found the old account is register with an wrong version of my main email and it work for gog but not for google 😂and the new account use the right version of this email. Now i can't fix the problem hope same day is possible merge multiple account.
I don't quite understand how it is possible to validate a faulty email address, but I'm happy that I was able to help you. Maybe GOG support is able to provide a better explanation.

Top Bottom