9.0 Patch Notes

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I get your point but our difference on opinion is where we focus. You just focus on the card itself the way I see it. While I try to see the card inside a whole deck. So in my view Valadain will create 2 special cards that can create carry over. Even if its locked or removed I see this card on an engine deck which means another engine will stick. Anyway I believe the card is in line with other 8p cards and I think it can work. Can it backfire? Of course. Can it brick your hand? Of course. But just like any other hand that messes with your starting deck.
Inline with other 8P cards???? The SK epic can replay the SK 8P renew and bring back Jutta and Crowmother playing for an 22 points. On deploy. In one turn. Vanadain is the worst of the worst 8P card in the game. Super high risk and mediocre/bad reward (with condition that you have all other high provision card in your hand to get good reward)
When i saw the Card I hoped that the move Skill would have at least some synergies like returning Elven Wardancer to it's former Skill ( Whenever you Move this unit from Hand to Deck, summon it automatically to a random row.) compared to the current "buff" they could have also given Farseer a similar treatment like Move a Card to the bottom of you're Deck, if it was a Special boost self by 2 (in that case you could at least get rid of Waylay again) .

Otherwise it only looks useful against Clog to get rid of the Crap they did put in you're Deck:giveup:
Why in the world anyone would play Vanadain against Clog? You are "adding" two more cards in your deck giving them +2 points. Also Waylay may not be better than a guardian or a deadeye; just playing for 3 points.

Guest 4375874

Post automatically merged:

lol, what u'r supposed to consume on it? ciri after it procs? beast if it reachs the max value? squirell? the rest are all engine you dont want to consume, not to mention that you are FORCED to consume 3 units if you have 3 units ono board, so sometimes you would've been forced to conosume kelly, defender, nithral, hound who grow every turn, phantom, beast that didnt reach max value, ciri that didnt proc

if its a joke thats on me, i fell on it lmao
Wait....it's forced consumption? LOL That didn't even occur to me because I can't imagine them making Kayran that bad. It can't be that you MUST consume 3 units if available. That would make it unplayable, it has to be optional on deploy...it has to be :oops:

It's a general quality of life improvement that's a buff to ALL decks in ALL modes.
i was just kidding man lol

Wait....it's forced consumption? LOL That didn't even occur to me because I can't imagine them making Kayran that bad. It can't be that you MUST consume 3 units if available. That would make it unplayable, it has to be optional on deploy...it has to be :oops:
from what i understand and basically all other streamers who was talking about it (that i watch), now you need to consume on deploy and cant choose how much you want...

look at old brewess, basically they have the same problem now, but in another card... kayran now is a immune brewess with 3 charges (when brewess could have whatever depending on how much crones u played)

Yes, kayran change makes no sense.

They really whant to kill deathwish.

Problably because they Love too much sk warriors and others controle deck and If there is a Good deathwish deck it could be really good agains those control decks.

In fact, in this meta control, i can problably create a deathwish deck without consume and stil win, because all my deathwish will be killed

Yay the new Reward Tress also contain a Leader skin this time :whistle:

1.png

Cant download the patch the download stucks over the mac app store after 2gb. please fix it.

I cannot connect most cards with names (I doubt anyone can remember all of these?) so it's very difficult to me while reading the 9.0 patch notes without knowing which card is which

I then made a video with card pictures and hope this video helps players like me

Well... try it with a simple Barghaist, try and play him without consuming anything on your side of the board (if the options exist ofc lol = not an empty board).
It's like cards from Thronebreaker that say "Deploy: Damage 5 units by 2 points", and if the opponent has less then 5 units you end up hitting some of your own lol.

"Francis Bedlam: Added Bandit category."
Okay but he is still hopelessly useless lol, while you were at it you could have just given him 1 armor or power and Veil and then could have some small potential in meme decks.

"Endrega Larva: Power changed from 1 to 2.
Provisions changed from 5 to 6."
- This just makes Koschey utterly broken when it's adrenaline kicks in (logically now Koschey should also have had an increase in provisions OR it should spawn it's own version of Larvas that start at 1 power, cause you play Koschey lategame and lategame you certainly won't be playing any 3 or 4 power units, you will be playing your highest units that have like 9+ power so u can easily trigger any thrive and if you can't then you alredy have a megaton of poitns lol). -_-

Cultist tags still have absolutely no relevance, so Idk what's the point of adding these tags to stuff. Should have instead used these few seconds of work to buff some useless cards like Sirssa, Braenn, Ice Giant, Ifrit or any other useless card out of the plethora of useless cards.

NR rework is a conundrum I have no time to get into rn lol, but Thaler looks as useless as he's ever been.

Elven Scribe - 4 prov card that starts at 4 with a potential to jump to 10 (basically a guarantee if not killed)? = No need to comment on such blatant nonsense.
Same goes for Megascope.
Absence of a nerf to Eldain = Bad.

Fringilla Vigo - GOOD CHANGE! NOW SHE CAN COMPETE WITH THE ELVEN SCRIBE WHO's a 4 provision bronze lol.
(but seriously, she fits in with most other 7 provision cards based on her value)

Professor nerf = Good.
Absence of a nerf to Whoreson Jr. = Bad.

"Gameplay speed has been improved by decoupling logic and visuals (The game will no longer wait for all card visuals to finish before proceeding further).
Search bars no longer require the cursor to hover over them in order to be responsive."
- Both of these are great changes.

All in all, I'd rate this update a 3/10.

Last edited:
So SHANI is now a necromancer?

Shani
: Provisions changed from 9 to 10.
Ability changed to:
"Zeal.
Order: Summon a bronze Human unit from your graveyard and give it Doomed.
Cooldown: 7."

I'm really impressed with the overhaul to NR. The faction has some nice variety now. Having a lot of fun with the update so far.

Guest 4375874

Koschi is kinda broken with the endrega change though. With the buff to Endrega, koschi needs a provision nerf.

So the Blightmaker nonsense has already started. Massive thinning with their new card for insane value and clog simultaneously, then just drop Kolgrim on the board....ok

Sabbath is as I expected, underwhelming. I haven't lost to one yet and that's using my old vampire deck. It's a lot more difficult to maintain than people think, especially now where the devs keep encouraging removal and Oneiro. As for She Who knows - It's 50/50 because nobody passes in R2 anymore. If you didn't have last say in R1 then it likely got destroyed and if you did, you better hope by some miracle your opponent just let you stack points freely.

No changes to SY and Whoreson Jnr....Auto-forfeit

I'd be more excited for NR if not for that echo card. it makes them near SK level overtuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom