Which character do you dislike most?

+
I don't think he's necessarily a stereotype in that he's a very, very well written character but, yes. All the way through his quests my view was why would I *ever* want to be in a relationship with *that*. He has a giant painting of *himself* hanging on his wall. :-D
Its also a bit of tribute to Rob Halford I think, Kerry+ US Cracks for me was Halford and Baby Metal.

I like The Capitan! I wish he had more gigs. But yeah his hair is horrendous. I didn't visit him in my first character.

I hate Wakako very deeply. That woman is truly evil.
I love Wakako so much I was devastated when I realised I'd done all her missions. It's like discovering your granny who knitted you jumpers and let you eat the icing for cakes was a serial killer and murdered grandpa.

I love Wakako so much I was devastated when I realised I'd done all her missions. It's like discovering your granny who knitted you jumpers and let you eat the icing for cakes was a serial killer and murdered grandpa.

I could appreciate that -it's funny- if it weren't for the snuff gangs she has connections to. She also was in the middle of Evelyn's tragedy...

I tend to agree with Goro on Wakako. She is a nice old lady who can terrorize an entire neighborhood and even the Yakuza. She's like a poisonous spider disguised as a butterfly (terrifying...)
And she's not nice > random shard found in JapanTown

Thi
I tend to agree with Goro on Wakako. She is a nice old lady who can terrorize an entire neighborhood and even the Yakuza. She's like a poisonous spider disguised as a butterfly (terrifying...)

Evidence of professional efficiency is supposed to be a *bad* thing? :-D

Evidence of professional efficiency is supposed to be a *bad* thing? :-D
I don't said it's a "bad" thing, and ever more that I don't like her. She's very nice, but if you have a problem during a job, whatever, she'll let you die without batting an eyelid. That's why I like the way Goro talks about her :)

Regina Jones is annoying in general and quite bitchy to V at times, even though V busts her butt to gently take down the cyberpsychos trying to kill her, and risking her life for Regina's media friend.

Hanako Arasaka was naive in the board game (kept unaware of Saburo's scemes) but is a conniving bitch in this game. I can't say I truly hate her, but without some insight into what made her change, I can't like her either.

Takemura for staying loyal to Arasaka even though he is a pawn and knew he was a pawn from the beginning (he does not change his mind even if you are a corpo V and tell him your own experience working for Arasaka)

Regina Jones is annoying in general and quite bitchy to V at times, even though V busts her butt to gently take down the cyberpsychos trying to kill her, and risking her life for Regina's media friend.
She's V fixer and probably the same for many mercs. She's not your "buddy", you work for her. Keep a certain distance could be a good idea in her case. Even though V can be particularly curious with her (as in "Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy"), she is still quite nice :)

Takemura for staying loyal to Arasaka even though he is a pawn and knew he was a pawn from the beginning (he does not change his mind even if you are a corpo V and tell him your own experience working for Arasaka)
At the same time, Goro is a Arasaka's soldier since his childhood. It inevitably leaves deep traces, I would even go so far as to say that he is "conditioned" by Arasaka.

But like all, it's matter of tastes :)

i honestly don't like V. literally no personality besides edgy sarcastic merc who is trying to make it big in night city. the worst of two words. he/she is too much of a predefined character to fill in the blanks in your mind like in skyrim and not defined enough to make her/him a interesting person.
Surely the whole point of V is that they are a tabula rasa onto whom you paint a character? Each of my three Vs – Vixen, riVia and Victoria – has a different character, and that's what makes replaying the story interesting.

Surely the whole point of V is that they are a tabula rasa onto whom you paint a character? Each of my three Vs – Vixen, riVia and Victoria – has a different character, and that's what makes replaying the story interesting.
V was advertised to be character himself. He is in some areas, but I'm still not a fan of character creation since it's more of an after thought.

Hanako Arasaka a cold hearted decieving bitch :ROFLMAO: Not even a "are you OK?" when your glitching out. After all you have done "you can spend the next 6 months on my space station playing with a god damn rubiks cube."

Last edited:
To my naive layman's eyes Takemura (like Oda) seemed to be an embodiment of the japanese samurai archetype, unconditionally loyal to his masters, until his death. He might have sympathized a bit with V on a simple human level, but the strict code he was taught didn't allow him to step away from his path as the Arasaka's loyal warrior. I feel that's why he seemed so determined to solve things through Hanako, who was supposed to bring everything back to order in the "family" has was part of, just to deal with his inner doubts and set himself back on a straight path. The alternative would be a "seppuku" for him.
Takemura had his own goals and his own "world" to keep, and V just happened to cross paths with him at some point. He was never destined to be a true friend to V, their lives and philosophies were just too different.

Last edited:
Regina Jones. Annoying. Condescending when you don't do things perfectly after risking your life against cyberpsychos (who tend to be really OP compared to you in Act 1).
"I was expecting... I dunno... more? - Ugh, gig closed"

FU Regina.

We should definitely be able to mute/block contacts.

I am really tired of Josh Kavorkin trying (and failing) to be funny. He's such an Arasaka-fanboi you'd start to puke even when you start at the Corpo-path. He's plain annoying.

Johnny.

Reason (spoilers): per Relic 2.0 documentation shard's in-game text (from Hellman), Relic 2.0 (which V has slotted in) can only activate construct transfer in the event of complete and _irreversible_ cease of any and all neural activity in the host body. I.e., the only way Johnny could even start taking over V's body - is if V's person would be entirely gone with no way to bring it back to life.

This means, with complete certainty, that V, as a person, is completely gone and dead shortly after Dex shoots V in the head. Certainly by the time construct 1st takes control of V's body motor functions - namely when Johnny (no more V!) repeatedly hits V's appartment wall with his forehead.

Consequently, it is all Johnny after that: he _imagines_ that V is alive, he pretends as if it's (by then actually gone) V's person who is controlling V's body (most of the time), he's having heavy case of split personality disorder (one person in his new 'ganic mind being "old Johnny", the other being "what Johnny thinks V would be"), and he's having hallucinations of his former self.

I.e., for most of the game, not only we play not as some mercenary (V), but as a ressurected terrorist, addict and murderer (Johnny) - he's also a psycho who thinks he's two people, while being just one.

"Bleh". :D

This reminds me of that scene in Wolfenstein where one of the resistance randomly wakes up BJ to explain why human beings die every time they go to sleep and he's just like, "the fuck are you on about, lady?"

JK.

But most annoying character to me?

Definitely whenever the Fixers decide to tell me less about how to make money and more about why I should buy their old Dodge Cutlass Trans Am.

I'm like, "Aren't you guys crime bosses?"

Top Bottom