"Price of Power" Expansion Set Officially Revealed!

+
So did I. ST easily counters Cave Troll. SY and NG either counters or just take it. Against these factions...SK, NG, ST, SY... unless you're playing maybe rank 6 or above where players aren't very experienced, you aren't getting the value you need against seasoned players.
Well, i said in the beggening of my post i am playing casual and trying the news cards.

But i agree she is weak. But so far, i am getting a good win range.

Guest 4375874

Funny thing I did not play against NG or SK. I played against Carpace and got my she who knows to round 2 successfully and he/she used P. Dive on it and it is gone.

This is my favorite card this expansion and I just wanted to try it. It is very expensive. The provision cost should be lowered considering how easy it is to counter it.
In a mirror match sure, because MO has no counter and they're just trying to play tall. Mostly I face NG, SY and now NR.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I played against a MO sabbath deck. My opponent played She Who Knows R1, and i panicked as i didnt have Vilgefortz or Yen Invo in hand, so i used leader, but still found no counter...

Then i "remembered" i can just lock it (and i had a bronze lock in hand), since its resilience is gained based on the card text, which can be countered by locks, so its even easier to counter than actual resilience units. Anyway, when my opponent understood the lock stopped the resilience, forfeited.

I will now try other decks and hopefully face more variety of opponents (havent faced a single SK or SY, which is strange, although im in casual for now).

Then i "remembered" i can just lock it (and i had a bronze lock in hand), since its resilience is gained based on the card text, which can be countered by locks, so its even easier to counter than actual resilience units.
Ah, I'll have to recall that, myself, next time I face the card. Thanks for the reminder!

Guest 4375874

I played against a MO sabbath deck. My opponent played She Who Knows R1, and i panicked as i didnt have Vilgefortz or Yen Invo in hand, so i used leader, but still found no counter...

Then i "remembered" i can just lock it (and i had a bronze lock in hand), since its resilience is gained based on the card text, which can be countered by locks, so its even easier to counter than actual resilience units. Anyway, when my opponent understood the lock stopped the resilience, forfeited.

I will now try other decks and hopefully face more variety of opponents (havent faced a single SK or SY, which is strange, although im in casual for now).
lol that's hilarious. I added it to my existing deck now, replacing Auberon just to see how it does but I'm reconsidering. Two bodies are better than playing 1 tall and it's so easy to counter. I've managed to counter it in mirror matches with just Wild Hunt Bruiser. let them stack and then Move the tallest unit at the last minute to the next row.

I tried to warn people about this, it's not that good in any deck. The meta is dominated by a handful of decks....SK, NG and SY/ST which are control decks. How do you think sabbath fares against those factions.

1. You will have difficulty maintaining 25 pts in a row. in R2 you will not have enough pts so if you don't draw her in R1 you are at a significant disadvantage. Remember, no one passes R2 anymore...it's bleed bleed and go for the win.

2. To get She who knows to work you have to overcommit in R1 to maintain the row value, so even if you achieve it you go in R2 empty and against certain decks like NG, she will just be taken and used. Odds are you will not have any counter for She who knows because MO doesn't have locks or any reliable tall removal without breaking devotion.

Sabbath is the most disappointing addition so far. I give it a week before we're back to Viy.
While I agree that Sabbath feels a bit awkward and She Who knows isn't that strong as first assumed, I guess you really need to find the perfect timing to play her "safely".

But I gotta say spawning as many flying Piggies as possible is probably the most hilarious thing to do in the entire update, probably the most fun I had with Monsters in ages. :ROFLMAO:

Yep, another 13 provision card that could be a game changer rendered useless by 4 and 5 provision NG cards.
Honestly at this point i don't even care anymore. I've been saying for the longest time that locking needs some type of change and no one seems to care so whatever. Let's all just play NG at this point and kill all engine decks since this patch is centered around them :)))

Guest 4375874

Yep, another 13 provision card that could be a game changer rendered useless by 4 and 5 provision NG cards.
Honestly at this point i don't even care anymore. I've been saying for the longest time that locking needs some type of change and no one seems to care so whatever. Let's all just play NG at this point and kill all engine decks since this patch is centered around them :)))
It isn't just NG though, the card mechanic...Sabbath...is a bit ridiculous. Basically your opponent can simultaneously
1. Stop sabbath
2. Disable the resilience
3. Obtain a huge point swing with tall removal

All of this can be achieved by removing that one card. Even NR new "Patience" is more versatile. Sure it takes setup but they can manipulate their deck and now graveyard and the pay-off is huge, all difficult to counter. Same for ST...Meanwhile MO has this...put some big targets on the board. It's laughable because Sabbath is basically a row locked ability on top of the stated condition.

Yes, that sucks.

I agree, bronze locks should only lok bronzes and gold locks, of course, locks gold.

And maybe devs should put one more gold lock per fection (despite SC, they already have 2)

I agree, bronze locks should only lok bronzes and gold locks, of course, locks gold.
I suggested that some time ago too. Or at least make it that Bronze cards can lock cards up to 9 provisions, but only gold locks can lock all cards (except veiled ones ofc).
I think it's a good idea. Silly to have a 4 prov NG bronze lock just disable a 13 provision card. :]

well, i was expecting a lot of this new bounty cards and.....meeeh.

All of them sucks, its really hard to let alive those engines, and they dont have tempo playing

Well, i was thinking more like this:
Lock a unit for 5 turns . Reduce the duration of the lock for every point of provision cost difference between the cards.
That way the low cost units can't touch the high cost ones. As far as leader abilities go i mean... they are leader abilities. If you commit to that you should get some value as a permanent lock.
My issue is with low cost cards completely disabling high cost ones.

P.S. That 5 turns thing was just a suggestion. Obviously there are more factors to consider but 5 turns just seemed like a good middle ground for this suggestion.

DRK3

Forum veteran
While I agree that Sabbath feels a bit awkward and She Who knows isn't that strong as first assumed, I guess you really need to find the perfect timing to play her "safely".

But I gotta say spawning as many flying Piggies as possible is probably the most hilarious thing to do in the entire update, probably the most fun I had with Monsters in ages.

True, i think the players need to find the best timing for she who knows, which is probably ONLY after the opponent has passed so it cant counter... but knowing this, opponents will never pass versus MO sabbath decks.

Regarding the new piggies, i think they're quite overtuned, but the biggest issue is how strong they are as support for Viy decks, i guarantee every single Viy deck will run a couple of these, probably to replace the endrega larvae. And i've also seen a Viy player using she who knows, i was 2-0ed :cry: (although i was running a 0 control deck)

Guest 4375874

I suggested that some time ago too. Or at least make it that Bronze cards can lock cards up to 9 provisions, but only gold locks can lock all cards (except veiled ones ofc).
I think it's a good idea. Silly to have a 4 prov NG bronze lock just disable a 13 provision card. :]
would that help though? Some factions have no locks and others have way more than the rest. The problem is the cards are playing for far too much, so when they are removed or locked it's a problem because you lose the entire cost, all these 15 provision cards that have become more and more prevalent used to be rare. Now rare is just normal and has to give a huge point swing. That's the problem
Post automatically merged:

True, i think the players need to find the best timing for she who knows, which is probably ONLY after the opponent has passed so it cant counter... but knowing this, opponents will never pass versus MO sabbath decks.

Regarding the new piggies, i think they're quite overtuned, but the biggest issue is how strong they are as support for Viy decks, i guarantee every single Viy deck will run a couple of these, probably to replace the endrega larvae. And i've also seen a Viy player using she who knows, i was 2-0ed :cry: (although i was running a 0 control deck)
This is easier said than done because no one passes anymore, everyone pushes to win R1 and then push again in R2... bleed as much as possible or go for a 2-0 win. Even factions like SK with a 2 card disadvantage in R2 can push for a win so there's very little opportunity to find that right moment. Echo cards and especially Oneiromancy has made it quite easy to get what you need so passing is rarely necessary anymore.

I just played She Who Knows for the last time against ST and the opponent simply moved my biggest unit as I was about to play her. I'm not even sure it was intentional or they just accidentally crippled sabbath. It was R2 so I had only the one row with the points needed. They need to perhaps put as much thought into MO as they do other factions instead of shackling everything to tall play that can now easily be punished.

Last edited by a moderator:

What happens most of the time is the players will probably have a finisher in hand like maybe Auberon and they need that for the next round so you have to play She Who Knows second to last. I've had two players forfeit because they had to play it instead of their finisher and I killed her. So playing it last is really tricky because you don't want to spend all your best cards just so you can play that last, the 10pts isn't that great. NG Blightmaker combo plays for 11pts...a bronze card + thinning and they can run double.

If you have SWK behind a defender she can do a good job.
Actually I really do think that having many relicts synergize nicely regarding carryover Gan Ceann + Teleportation + Necromancy + Ghoul is also a very strong tool.

Lots of people complaining gwent is p2w now. I do not think so but new cards are so buggy or am I the only one facing this issue.

Today my rience did not work. I chose my 11 point golem and I could not damage enemy units. My card go into graveyard, thats it.

I relook and it is not melee or range specific so that is not the reason.

Rience does not damage, he destroys. Plus, the opponent needs to have a unit of the exact same strength as the unit you choose from your deck. The opponent probably didn't have anything at exactly 11 power

Ah ok thank you. I was hoping for an answer like this :)
Post automatically merged:

Rience does not damage, he destroys. Plus, the opponent needs to have a unit of the exact same strength as the unit you choose from your deck. The opponent probably didn't have anything at exactly 11 power

Ah ok thank you. I was hoping for an answer like this :)

Loving the expansion so far. However i noticed that there are no artist name credited on any of the new cards. Is there a reason for it? I always enjoyed the amazing artwork of the cards and it felt right that every artwork is credited.

Top Bottom