1.3 hype train

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surma.

Forum regular
1623251765689.png

Just checked out SteamDB that new build was issued 47 minutes ago, it was almost 2 weeks break before last build, and there was some news sprinkled in CDPR's investors call in 31th of May about next patch coming in couple of weeks.

Last week I noted that the DLC folder containing mostly wallpapers and mp3-files was updated last week with DLC Extra Info which appears hidden to public.

This could be promotion material for Expansion reveal, or perhaps just DLC or other content that was cut out coming back?
It could be even small multiplayer addition, considering they're now openly having it in on their Job search page.

There has been a lot of talk about starting to turn things around in April and this seems like it could be big, not necessarily content wise as they mentioned it's NOT going to be their "biggest patch", but could start seeing some big improvement in some key areas.

Edit Update 16.06.2021:
1623870335714.png

Seems like release branch is prepared as well and there wasn't a new build required to fix issues with the new patch.

Last edited:
View attachment 11223878
Just checked out SteamDB that new build was issued 47 minutes ago, it was almost 2 weeks break before last build, and there was some news sprinkled in CDPR's investors call in 31th of May about next patch coming in couple of weeks.

So I wouldn't necessarily book a week off from work next week... but it seems like it's just about to arrive before or in first days of E3.

Something I noticed last week was that the DLC folder containing mostly wallpapers and mp3 was updates last week.
https://steamdb.info/app/1495710/depots/

Sooo maybe some promotion material for coming Expansion reveal? Or perhaps just DLC or other content that was cut out coming back?
It could be even small multiplayer addition, considering they're now openly having it in on their Job search page.

There has been a lot of talk about starting to turn things around in April and this seems like it could be big, not necessarily content wise as they mentioned it's NOT going to be their "biggest patch", but could start seeing some big improvement in some key areas.

I read in a Spanish media that 10th of June might be the date of a release of "something big". Let's keep hoping :sneaky:

Surma.

Forum regular
I read in a Spanish media that 10th of June might be the date of a release of "something big". Let's keep hoping :sneaky:
Hmm assuming this is something related to leaks and rumors...?

Fingers crossed for 10th of June :)

Last edited:
The only thing which keeps me wondering is 2 week break between updating branches. At first I thought that maybe they are testing extra content on 1.3 version but now I dont think so. DLC most likely will get something like 2 week marketing campaign and it looks like 1.3 will be released way before that.

I know that balance will be shifting from performance in a future patches towards content quality, but I think that is not a time yet and CDP will be focused on performance issues until game is back in PS store.

So my predictions are - 1.3 patch in one or two weeks but it wont be game changer for sure. And probably around 2 months until DLCs.

"in couple of weeks"
That could said anything... 2 weeks ? 4 weeks ? 8 weeks ? 12 weeks ? 16 weeks ?
16 weeks (4 months), it's only been a couple of weeks... Seriously, it can't be more vagueness than that :D
A couple literally means 2. If it's any less or more than that, they lied.

I hope that in their quality of play they think to implement what is NECESSARY at the moment:
Add Artificial Intelligence to traffic, NPCS, and enemies.
Add intelligent police system (car chase, possibility of using motorcycles, increase respwan distance ...)
Add public transportation systems to Night City (subway).
Add interaction in the city.
Allow and increase the possibility of customization of V.
Decrease minimap zoom as speed increases!

Of course it's intentionally vague, leaving room for potential week or two delay.
But if everything is seeming to go as planned, it could mean just 2.

If there's new steam build being created in early morning in tomorrow, It's probably going to come out within same day or next, as it did last time.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/new-patch-going-to-be-released-tomorrow.11086639/ <- my last prediction

Considering the timing and rumors, it could be that they did the build today and the testing team is running all the possible scenarios this day and next day, and hopefully it'll get greenlight in tomorrow somewhere in 6pm :)

Definitely things are moving forward, and I can only hope they'll get this up and running before E3 and that we'll hopefully hear some news.

Or it could be that they'll patch it in next week and surprise us in E3 with some promotion material.

Weren't they a surprise visitors in Xbox conference last time when they had e3 trailer? With the hacker known as "Red"? Would it be something akin to what there was last time, with some twist considering the reception the game had.

I'm just imagining scenario where some indie studio pretends to be speaking and studio gets hacked again, then hacker showing reviews and some of the reception the game had in launch, then proceeds to hit "Upload Patch", showing all sorts of new content being uploaded.

Please let the rumors be true once :sneaky:

Last edited:
So why not say 2 weeks (literally and directly) ?
Except if there is a nuance that I misunderstood, for me :
precisely : 2 weeks.
intentionally vagueness : A couples of weeks.

But I'm french, like I said, maybe I misunderstood :)
I think they were trying to be vague, but failed at it. They could have easily opted for "a few weeks," which doesn't have any specific numerical definition.

the hype for the full game was frustrating... I wanted to be as optimistic as some people who think a patch will add something, like train station or smarter police

"in couple of weeks"
That could said anything... 2 weeks ? 4 weeks ? 8 weeks ? 12 weeks ? 16 weeks ?
16 weeks (4 months), it's only been a couple of weeks... Seriously, it can't be more vagueness than that :D
To be fair quite a lot of people will say a couple when they actually mean a few!
I've lost count of the number of times I've heard "We'll be round to fix it in a couple of days"

Then there's the old chestnut "I'm popping out for a couple of beers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom