1.3 hype train

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No word on 1.3 patch?
Have cdpr giving up on the game?
Considering that test branch it was updated yesterday and they've had one and half day to test it, and no announcement yet, leads me to think there's some mechanic like police driving AI being introduced (which already seems to be working fine in Rebel Rebel quest), which leads them to be very cautious not to announce something and then turns out they have to go back to drawing board for another 2-4 weeks to solve some new emerging issue.

This is from patch 1.22 with no mods as far as I'm aware:

Also if they're gonna add some DLC content like more quests and lets say car modification, they better test them well before just pushing it out to the public. There's things to consider, like how will this effect saved games for example. We don't want to have another Takemura quest being stuck for one week because of bug.

Last edited:
Considering it was updated yesterday and they've had one and half day to test it, and no announcement yet, leads me to think there's some mechanic like police driving AI being introduced (which already seems to be working fine in Rebel Rebel quest), which leads them to be very cautious not to announce something and then turns out they have to go back to drawing board for another 2-4 weeks to solve some issue.

Isn't this the scripted chase where you can't kill the enemy, they simply explode at a certain moment without you even doing anything?

Yes, or if I don't really want to say how many :)
"few weeks" could be see too much (risk of annoying all impatiens)
"2 weeks" could be too precise and not enough (take the risk of lying)

If I take the case of beers for example (perfect in this case), I could said :
"Don't worry darling, I just go drink couple of beers with my friends"
Knowing that I will drink far more than two...
That example would be equivalent only if your wife was threatening to leave you if you came home drunk one more time. You going to take that risk with your words, then? That's kind of where CDPR is right now with their customers and investors.

Isn't this the scripted chase where you can't kill the enemy, they simply explode at a certain moment without you even doing anything?
Obviously it's scripted, but people were really annoyed for this missing in outside of this specific quest when dealing with police.

And CDPR had promised they're making steps in the right direction in 1.2 update and the 1.2 wouldn't obviously be the end of the changes.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37768/whats-new-in-night-city-patch-1-2-development-insight
This is an important step in addressing the behavior of the police in our game."

That example would be equivalent only if your wife was threatening to leave you if you came home drunk one more time. You going to take that risk with your words, then? That's kind of where CDPR is right now with their customers and investors.

Well it's not that bad. But they would kinda be left unnoticed when E3 is going to arrive in next week. For their sake, it better arrive this week and in "finished" state.

Of course unless they plan showing up in E3... showing all sorts of DLC contents soon about to arrive, leaving them a little more extra space for the next patches.

Last edited:
No I call it, "weighing" his words, that all. Sometimes, it could be useful sometimes ;)

No I call it, "weighing" his words, that all. Sometimes, it could be useful ;)
Sometimes. But the fact that players are creating threads to point out that "2 weeks" is coming up, means it might not have been the best choice of words in this case.

Sometimes. But the fact that players are creating threads to point out that "2 weeks" is coming up, means it might not have been the best choice of words in this case.
But I think you understood what I mean... Sometimes, it is not possible to give a precise number/date... It's like using the term "it's coming soon".
And there, for 1.3, apparently it is the case :)

Will 1.3 be something more substantial than bug fixes? If not, that train can go crash and burn. I got the game on PC, I didn't have any bugs. Give me more story content. Or add activities to the open world. Or even a damned new game plus.

Obviously it's scripted, but people were really annoyed for this missing in outside of this specific quest when dealing with police.

And CDPR had promised they're making steps in the right direction in 1.2 update and the 1.2 wouldn't obviously be the end of the changes.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37768/whats-new-in-night-city-patch-1-2-development-insight
This is an important step in addressing the behavior of the police in our game."

Well it's not that bad. But they would kinda be left unnoticed when E3 is going to arrive in next week. For their sake, it better arrive this week and in "finished" state.

Of course unless they plan showing up in E3... showing all sorts of DLC contents soon about to arrive, leaving them a little more extra space for the next patches.
But when it's scripted, it's not AI based, but rather a very precise sequence of movements. I absolutely agree on them making little steps towards the right direction, but i think this isn't an indicator of one of them.

now im hyped for the new update :giggle:
Post automatically merged:

Considering that test branch it was updated yesterday and they've had one and half day to test it, and no announcement yet, leads me to think there's some mechanic like police driving AI being introduced (which already seems to be working fine in Rebel Rebel quest), which leads them to be very cautious not to announce something and then turns out they have to go back to drawing board for another 2-4 weeks to solve some new emerging issue.

Also if they're gonna add some DLC content like more quests and lets say car modification, they better test them well before just pushing it out to the public. There's things to consider, like how will this effect saved games for example. We don't want to have another Takemura quest being stuck for one week because of bug.
i can confirm, this is how the "rebel rebel" police chase works in the current version.
you can no longer just drive straight ahead. you have to take some turns to shake off the cops

If there's new steam build being created in early morning in tomorrow, It's probably going to come out within same day or next, as it did last time.

Just checking steamDB again and clicked on the internal_qa details and there's new update.
1623413386428.png

So yeah it's not new build but something still got updated very early today. They seem to be happy about their QA testing build and are maaaaybe preparing for public release.

Fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
At what time do patches usually release? Is today a bust?
Normally if I'm right, it's at european mid-day time, so for today (jun 11th), it's already too late :)
(in view of the latest patchs/hotfix releases, but who knows)

And like normally, a new thread is created few minutes after the release. So except if you camps the updates page, you will see it almost immediately here ;)

i would say probably. Think there's been one patch released late but cant remember. Its evening in the EU so probably wont happen. Could be wrong tho...

I guess they could've made some preparation for Sunday E3 then I guess.

https://www.gamesradar.com/e3-2021-schedule/#xbox-and-bethesda-games-showcase
View attachment 11224946
Last time they also interrupted xbox conference with their reveal.

So who knows, maybe Sunday 11.15AM-11.30 PT

Also considering Take Two is having presentation in next day (potentially showing GTA 5 next gen update) it would perfectly steal the thunder from them :)
If its a Microsoft /Bethesda showcase my money would be on elder scrolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom