Hotfix 1.22

+
Can we please add a button to toggle zoom sensitivity and add NVIDIA REFLEX?

upvote so they can see this post
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED. I'm GPU bound even on RTX 3070. I have to play on low to lock fps at stable framerate to actually prevent input lag.

This is an DX12 game which should handle input lag on it's own. You can't enable Low Latency Mode as it's for DX9-11.

You tell me REFLEX is for competetive games - tell me which competetive game have any input lag bc of GPU bound scenario - I don't know ANY - Valorant 300+ fps, CSGO 250 FPS easily, APEX 299 FPS, you are not gpu bound in any of these games.

But here in Cyberpunk this NVIDIA Reflex would f**kn shine bro! GPU Bound almost all the time - whining on reddit, this forums about mouse input lag would stop in no time.

Hope anyone from CDP would see that's profitable to introduce it sooner or later. As for now I play on low graphics on RTX 3070 bc of input lag caused by GPU-bound scenario.

So, when is the next patch? This game is far from fixed/finished. So many features still missing and there are definitely still bugs/issues within the game. You should also consider adding AMD FSR as well.

Is it possible that the fix may affect the CPU load? My CPU used to stay around 60 degrees C when playing Cyberpunk but now it spikes up to 90+

I notice slightly better FPS, but since I don't want to run my CPU at over 90 degrees for extended periods of time I turn off overclocking and the CPU goes back down to 60 and the game still runs fine and drops maybe 5 FPS.

I can't replicate the high CPU temperature with any other applications, under heavy stress test the CPU temperature maxes out at 80 degrees.

I am trying to figure out if it is an issue related to Cyberpunk or if something in my cooling system isn't working.

Many reports say the 1.22 hotfix is ~13 GB where as GOG is saying almost 50 GB. That is basically the entire game right? Also, I don't think download resume is working. I rebooted only to find GOG had started the update again from scratch :/
The update itself is 13GB when you download it, but it expands afterwards to apply changes to the files, the launcher copies your files to a temporary folder and then patch them, and when they're finished the launcher replace them back. If you noticed during this update that your game size is doubled due to temporary copied files. I hope this explained the process of this update.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Is it possible that the fix may affect the CPU load? My CPU used to stay around 60 degrees C when playing Cyberpunk but now it spikes up to 90+

I notice slightly better FPS, but since I don't want to run my CPU at over 90 degrees for extended periods of time I turn off overclocking and the CPU goes back down to 60 and the game still runs fine and drops maybe 5 FPS.

I can't replicate the high CPU temperature with any other applications, under heavy stress test the CPU temperature maxes out at 80 degrees.

I am trying to figure out if it is an issue related to Cyberpunk or if something in my cooling system isn't working.
Which CPU do you have?
Ryzen 5800X/5900X/5950X: You can avoid the spikes by using the in-game FPS cap. Alternatively you can use the GPU control panel. 240 FPS should do the job. The Spikes usually appear when loading save files or when launching the game. If the CPU is getting cooled by air, spikes up to 90°C are normal and do not damage the CPU. It's in range of Precision Boost Overdrive, if you didn't change the CPU core ratio in the BIOS. The CPU will usually throttle above 90°C. For the 5600X, 3600/3700X, the limit is 95°C.

Which CPU do you have?
Ryzen 5800X/5900X/5950X: You can avoid the spikes by using the in-game FPS cap. Alternatively you can use the GPU control panel. 240 FPS should do the job. The Spikes usually appear when loading save files or when launching the game. If the CPU is getting cooled by air, spikes up to 90°C are normal and do not damage the CPU. It's in range of Precision Boost Overdrive, if you didn't change the CPU core ratio in the BIOS. The CPU will usually throttle above 90°C. For the 5600X, 3600/3700X, the limit is 95°C.

I have Intel i7 10700 KF with silent storm cooling 3. The "silent" part is not a very accurate description when the CPU reaches 90 degrees. The temperature goes up quickly when launching the game and then stays above 90 when running the game. There is no stuttering or indications that the CPU is overheated or cannot handle the load, but the noise is very disturbing, so running without overclocking is a much more pleasant experience, and the drop in fps is hardly noticeable to my senses.

Could a possible cause be that one of the optimisations implemented to make the game run smoother across different platforms is that some of the processing has been shifted from the GPU to the CPU?

DC9V

Forum veteran
I have Intel i7 10700 KF with silent storm cooling 3. The "silent" part is not a very accurate description when the CPU reaches 90 degrees. The temperature goes up quickly when launching the game and then stays above 90 when running the game. There is no stuttering or indications that the CPU is overheated or cannot handle the load, but the noise is very disturbing, so running without overclocking is a much more pleasant experience, and the drop in fps is hardly noticeable to my senses.

Could a possible cause be that one of the optimisations implemented to make the game run smoother across different platforms is that some of the processing has been shifted from the GPU to the CPU?
I don't know, but it doesn't sound healthy. I'd start with a BIOS update. If you have bloatware installed (e.g. ASUS AI Suite), try to get rid of it.

Today came another update on steamdb. They said the patch won't be that big in scope, but based on the time it's taking to release it I hope it will bring nice additions and fix most of the stuff that was still unfixed. Finger crossed.

Today came another update on steamdb. They said the patch won't be that big in scope, but based on the time it's taking to release it I hope it will bring nice additions and fix most of the stuff that was still unfixed. Finger crossed.
I hope they will announce the patch and release it soon, even though I understand that it's must be ready before they do so. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Hmm I wonder if there's gon be some news during e3 next week, it would explain the silence.

However, seeing some important sounding people leaving, hackers splaying their pray out for vultures of the internet.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next update instad was another video, this time saying "Sorry we are done. Back to The Witcher, byeeeeee"

^ That won't happen, they wouldn't abandon a game they invested so much into.

Maybe they realized some of the issues the game is having are much more difficult to fix and take more time, and sometimes (read: very often/always) fixing a thing breaks another part of the code. Maybe an army of senior developers and engineers is taking care of everything these days, making sure everything will be perfect for the release of the next patch. :D

Thanks a lot guys, take the time you need(y)
I have a lot of faith in them, the game will be fixed even if there is a lot of work to be done unfortunately, after what has been invested it is the only way forward and maybe a good start for a new trilogy on this genre.
I was not surprised when in December the game was released incomplete, I knew it was so, so I didn't expect anything, I felt it was too early, I would have preferred it to be released at the end of this year because that was what I thought was best for the title, without being in a hurry, I wanted this for this I am not surprised and let alone disappointed, it was better for everyone.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys, take the time you need(y)
I have a lot of faith in them, the game will be fixed even if there is a lot of work to be done unfortunately, after what has been invested it is the only way forward and maybe a good start for a new trilogy on this genre.
I was not surprised when in December the game was released incomplete, I knew it was so, so I didn't expect anything, I felt it was too early, I would have preferred it to be released at the end of this year because that was what I thought was best for the title, without being in a hurry, I wanted this for this I am not surprised and let alone disappointed, it was better for everyone.
Agree fully.
With one exception :p
I'm still happy to have gotten to play it already.
It has changed my last week of december last year in ways I could never have predicted.

Top Bottom