Yeah, there are things to fix... But also we have things to enjoy

+
When there's radio stations such as Vexelstrom, Pacific Dreams, Principales, Blue .. something something, I think its easy and fair to say there's multiple music genres in the game.

I don't.

They all sound the same, to me.

Angry? Check.
Loud? Check.
Lots of beat-bass-distortion? Check.
Kinda sounds like the 1990s? Check.

They all have basically the same energy.
Even the stations that shift genre a little bit still manage to convey the same mood, the same vibe. The rap sounds too much like the metal, the metal sounds too much like the grunge, the grunge sounds too much like cats being strangled, etc...

So, if you're not into that, your options are basically to endure it or turn off every radio you come across.
And I'm not into that.

And that you happen to dislike most of them, thats.. well, unfortunate I suppose. But also just that I'm affraid.

And the fact that CDPR didn't consider any of this--or worse, considered it and didn't care--is part of what I'm trying to convey, here: they should have. Not doing so--not including a wider variety of music--was, I believe, a rather poorly-made decision.

Now, you can disagree with me or agree with me, that's up to you. But it's not possible to argue me into enjoying something I don't enjoy, no matter how much it can be made to sound like it makes sense.
Or, I suppose, to put it another way, right now I'm after empathy more than anything else, at least WRT to CP2077's musical options.

Are you surprised, really? I mean. Its their game and I have to assume their vision.

It's also something they're trying to sell to other people.

"Whaddaya mean, you don't like our coffee? Sure, it's made from hot mud, but it's in a mug and you can drink it! And people sometimes refer to coffee as mud, so you have nothing to complain about! We made it the way we want to make it!" <--- terrible business model

If you're making something to sell, keeping in mind what the customer wants is a much better idea that putting out your "vision".
I wanted a cyberpunk game. But I didn't so much want a cyberPUNK game, if you see the distinction. I think CDPR took "punk" too literally, and made CP2077 all about the street life for the player's role.

It'd be like saying you're making an open-world Star Wars game, and then only including Ewoks...and the franchise is bigger than that.
Well, cyberpunk the genre and Cyberpunk the franchise are bigger than just Streetkids, too, but the game they made shunts everything else off to the side in favor of the punk life.
I think that was a mistake.

Actually, I'm glad they made a game they themselves wanted to make, rather than make something that a mass of people cries out for, which no doub will have gone all over the football field regardless.

Well, I really wanted to play a Corpo as a Corpo, from within a megacorp. I wanted to wheel and deal, I wanted to backstab, I wanted to do high-tech "Mad Men", playing with the movers and shakers. Basically, I wanted to play as Meredith Stout. I wanted more of a Blade Runner feel.

1623352562015.png

But the Corpo life is something V--and thus, the player--sees only briefly before basically becoming a Streetkid merc.

And I don't think Meredith Stout is listening to grunge and rap. Yanno?
I suspect her tastes run to less blue-collar genres, even if it's not what she really likes, because that's simply part of the aesthetics of the Corpo lifestyle...style is everything in Nigh City, or so they tell us.

But we can't play like that. We have to play as a Merc.
There it is, all tied together: CDPR took an established property with tons of possibilities built in and baked it down to playing as a Streetkid with token nods to Corpo and Nomad at the beginning. And I think that disappointed more than just me.

\

Well, I really wanted to play a Corpo as a Corpo, from within a megacorp. I wanted to wheel and deal, I wanted to backstab, I wanted to do high-tech "Mad Men", playing with the movers and shakers. Basically, I wanted to play as Meredith Stout. I wanted more of a Blade Runner feel.

View attachment 11224481

But the Corpo life is something V--and thus, the player--sees only briefly before basically becoming a Streetkid merc.

I suspect her tastes run to less blue-collar genres, even if it's not what she really likes, because that's simply part of the aesthetics of the Corpo lifestyle...style is everything in Nigh City, or so they tell us.

There it is, all tied together: CDPR took an established property with tons of possibilities built in and baked it down to playing as a Streetkid with token nods to Corpo and Nomad at the beginning. And I think that disappointed more than just me.

...umm...lol? I don't believe anyone was expecting 3 different games for the price of one:)

Oh and about your other points: ofcourse some level of knowledge of the the wants of the consumer is needed, but I too believe that the devs, ultimately, should make the game they want to. That said CDPR most likely wanted to include more....well...everything, but they run out of time:)

Last edited:
...umm...lol? I don't believe anyone was expecting 3 different games for the price of one:)

I think CDPR made a mistake when they decided to center everything around such a linear story--and it iS linear--that required V be from a specific walk of life.

For something as big as Cyberpunk--both franchise and genre--they should have gone more life-simulator than narrative, frankly.
Or created their own franchise, to keep expectations confined to what they, CDPR, release, rather than people who've owned the sourcebook since CP2020 remembering the times they've played the table-top version and wanting to translate that experience onto the computer version.

I mean, like it or not, when a company takes a well-established property and starts building their own version of it, this will always come up: whether to mess with it and possibly annoy fans of the original, or leave it alone and muffle your own creativity a little.
I think CDPR went the wrong way.

Oh and about your other points: ofcourse some level of the wants of the consumer is needed, but I too believe that the devs will, ultimately, should make the game they want to. That said CDPR most likely wanted to include more....well...everything, but they run out of time:)
More like their management ran out of Austerity Points and wanted a replenishment of funds, thus demanded a release of the game long before it was ready...

I think CDPR made a mistake when they decided to center everything around such a linear story--and it iS linear--that required V be from a specific walk of life.

For something as big as Cyberpunk--both franchise and genre--they should have gone more life-simulator than narrative, frankly.
Or created their own franchise, to keep expectations confined to what they, CDPR, release, rather than people who've owned the sourcebook since CP2020 remembering the times they've played the table-top version and wanting to translate that experience onto the computer version.

I mean, like it or not, when a company takes a well-established property and starts building their own version of it, this will always come up: whether to mess with it and possibly annoy fans of the original, or leave it alone and muffle your own creativity a little.
I think CDPR went the wrong way.
Yes I agree. Kinda. I see why they decided on more action packet main quest. Eh there are always expansions if they haven't already decided on another path.

Yes I agree. Kinda.

And here I was, just a few minutes ago, lamenting on Twitter that "empathy-based commiseration" was a mode people don't seem to have on the internet. Maybe this is making myself too vulnerable online, but if I'm ever complaining about the same thing over and over, it's usually cuz I'm just fishing for someone to say, in no uncertain terms, "Yeah, that does stink," and possibly also, "It'd be nice if it were otherwise."

So, thank you. :)

I see why they decided on more action packet main quest. Eh there are always expansions if they haven't already decided on another path.
They've been so close-mouthed regarding what's coming in the future.
Like, we're waiting on Patch 1.3, and allegedly some free DLC, but they haven't really told us when or what it'll contain.

And I doubt the DLC expands the game's horizons, whatever it may be. Superficial tweaks, at best.
But I'm happy to be proved wrong sometime.

Despite some major flaws and too much hype that surrounded this game
(due too their PR department which promised too much i think)
I enjoy Night City very much, its a technical marvel...never seen such a massive city with such tall buildings, the art and lightning skills that went into building such a world and the characters is amazing. I enjoyed the storyline, but i think that the beginning of a new character journey should have a longer intro, more scenes of bonding with Jackie. I would have liked more scripted missions like the scavs where you get to steal the bot for Dex. And more scripted story mission like the rescue..with a good and animated storyline. But I really want this game to succeed...and every time i watch the stream of Pawel Sasko, i get that feeling that the devs are also very passionate about this game and want to iron out all bugs and flaws to make it a succes.

And please release some really good official tools (are you watching this RED devs? :ok: ) for the mod community, this game has enourmous potential its the next Skyrim it could live for a long time...so support is vital (y)

Last edited:
I don't.

They all sound the same, to me.

Angry? Check.
Loud? Check.
Lots of beat-bass-distortion? Check.
Kinda sounds like the 1990s? Check.
That seems to be the magic word here isn't it: " to you"
Not to me, and its a bonus I happen to like it.
They all have basically the same energy.
Even the stations that shift genre a little bit still manage to convey the same mood, the same vibe. The rap sounds too much like the metal, the metal sounds too much like the grunge, the grunge sounds too much like cats being strangled, etc...

So, if you're not into that, your options are basically to endure it or turn off every radio you come across.
And I'm not into that.
A question just out of curiousity, what would you say if this were Fallout, where you can basically listen to 50s music and thats it?
And the fact that CDPR didn't consider any of this--or worse, considered it and didn't care--is part of what I'm trying to convey, here: they should have. Not doing so--not including a wider variety of music--was, I believe, a rather poorly-made decision.
And this is wherebyou are wrong. They must nothing. (Not counting fixing the game after the fact) And the reason they have chosen what IS in the game, is because they wanted to convey and more dark and grim style to fit lifenin the city. At least so I have understood is the case.
Now, you can disagree with me or agree with me, that's up to you. But it's not possible to argue me into enjoying something I don't enjoy, no matter how much it can be made to sound like it makes sense.
Or, I suppose, to put it another way, right now I'm after empathy more than anything else, at least WRT to CP2077's musical options.
I'm not saying you should enjoy what you dont enjoy, I nor anyone can make you do so. I am simply saying that this is what we have, and its up to you to deal with that. hope that maybe added radio stations and/or music gets added or just accept it.
Its up to CDPR in any case.
It's also something they're trying to sell to other people.

"Whaddaya mean, you don't like our coffee? Sure, it's made from hot mud, but it's in a mug and you can drink it! And people sometimes refer to coffee as mud, so you have nothing to complain about! We made it the way we want to make it!" <--- terrible business model
And what am I supposed to glean from this?
If you're making something to sell, keeping in mind what the customer wants is a much better idea that putting out your "vision".
I wanted a cyberpunk game. But I didn't so much want a cyberPUNK game, if you see the distinction. I think CDPR took "punk" too literally, and made CP2077 all about the street life for the player's role.
Just imagine that 10 other people did want rhe game in the style that it is in. Then what you want is simply outnumbered by what the 10 others want, and got.

It'd be like saying you're making an open-world Star Wars game, and then only including Ewoks...and the franchise is bigger than that.
Well, cyberpunk the genre and Cyberpunk the franchise are bigger than just Streetkids, too, but the game they made shunts everything else off to the side in favor of the punk life.
I think that was a mistake.
So far... We dont know what is yet to come.
And regarding your star wars example: that too got started from a very simple and narrow place. It was expanded upon by each new instance of film and other media.

View attachment 11224481

And why wouldn't she. This is just being presumptuous.
If I told you that I listen to Shania Twain at home regularly, after you know I like Vexelstrom Radio the most in this game, then what?

Possibly. Then again I also many voices wjo do like it so.. means little to me.

Top Bottom