Patch 1.23

+
That is not entirely true. Especially when there are missing sounds, missing animations, missing textures and so on. :D
Well, to be honest that could already be there, just was never linked anywhere to actually be used ;) but nice pun!

Btw. Small question: the fix for path of Glory... Does that mean you would not be killed when the AV would all of sudden land on top of you?

as they said in the investors call after this patch the patch will be more for improving the game this patches up until this one are for improving stability and performance. For example they tried to fix that many of the same npcs are spawning in the same area And what do I have to say? i don't see as much of the same npcs in the same areanymore. This patch goes into the right direction. I think they have patched many more things in the background but have to test them until release. patch 1.3 will be big again I think.
maybe good news for this bug. I reported this bug today again and they wrote me that they are already looking into to fix it.

So I've tested it just to make sure, performance wise there is nothing to brag about. Neither better nor worse. Texture/shadow/lights popping in exactly as bad as previously.
I've had 2 weird pop out bugs where some cans and cards just disappeared. Found 2 exactly identical NPCs standing inside each other, playing the exact same animation with a slight delay by one. Saw homeless people run from gunshots into a fence, giving the fence some supernatural powers, swinging left and right at formula 1 speeds. Turret assist mode didn't work.
Couldn't pick up a few items after killing some Valentinos. Found 2 places near the police border checkpoint where i could noclip through solid items. Quit to desktop after 10 minutes of disappointment.
If this is what convinced Sony, we're all doomed.

So I've tested it just to make sure, performance wise there is nothing to brag about. Neither better nor worse. Texture/shadow/lights popping in exactly as bad as previously.
I've had 2 weird pop out bugs where some cans and cards just disappeared. Found 2 exactly identical NPCs standing inside each other, playing the exact same animation with a slight delay by one. Saw homeless people run from gunshots into a fence, giving the fence some supernatural powers, swinging left and right at formula 1 speeds. Turret assist mode didn't work.
Couldn't pick up a few items after killing some Valentinos. Found 2 places near the police border checkpoint where i could noclip through solid items. Quit to desktop after 10 minutes of disappointment.
console patch is significantly bigger than PC....as usual

there will be more to come i don't think that this little patch convinced Sony as sony is much more strict about games being playable nowadays. Just wait for the next patch as this patch is in my opinion just the ground for bigger patches.

Last edited:
there will i more to come i dont think that this little patch convinced Sony as as sony is much more strict about games being playable nowadays. Just wait for the next patch as this patch is in my opinion just the ground for bigger patches.
Exactly my thought however the game is said to be back in PS store on 21st. I don't think Sony would allow for CP77 to be back in this state, and i don't think CDPR would release a hotfix today just to roll out the big guns a day or two later.

I'm downloading now, then I'll have a look if there's been any improvement in performance and appearance on base XB1 - as always though, the vast majority of the mission fixes are irrelevant to me as I've never encountered them.

. Just wait for the next patch as this patch is in my opinion just the ground for bigger patches.
I hate this saying, "the ground for bigger updates". There is no such thing, a patch being the base for something. The "ground for bigger patches" is the ACTUAL GAME.

As a game developer you either lauch a big update or not. The rest are small patches and hotfixes, exactly what CDPR is doing for months.
We just keep telling ourselves that the next one is gonna be the big one just you wait, and wait again.

[...], after 10 or so hotfixes what we have ?
Almost no improvement, oh the police spawn 30 meters further. GREAT WORK CDPR, THANK YOU GOD BLESS YOU ! C'mon guys, be a little critical!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very happy with this patch; actual performance boost on my old gen PC. Keep them coming CDPR but also keep this in mind: Community still wants this game to deliver what's been promised before the release, such as;
# An alive city, more interactions, better AI
# Deeper customizations
# More fleshed out Lifepath feature (with specific questlines with their own rewards perhaps)

Exactly my thought however the game is said to be back in PS store on 21st. I don't think Sony would allow for CP77 to be back in this state, and i don't think CDPR would release a hotfix today just to roll out the big guns a day or two later.
I think that the sony decision is based on what we al call the patch 1.3 update. And that that patch brings much more to us.
But as you say, if (for instance) that patch comes in like a week, why then this hotfix right now, and not just have it be part of 1.3?

But whatever the reasons may be. I choose to view this patch as another token of their promise to fix and improve the game.
And maybe its just that, this is still primarily about fixes, which may have been viewed as more important or easy to include right now, and 1.3 is gonna be more about something else.

The inventory still looks messed up, clothing mod icons still do not show!
(This is since 1.2, and since 1.2 I can't play)

Hopefully there was some improvements with the ui when just wondering around the city and then every object and npcs would randomly start to flicker I am on xbox series x in performance mode only fix I found was to manually save then load that save

Seems like it's high time for a forum rules reminder: you are required to always treat others with kindness and respect. Accusations, insults, and the like will not be tolerated.

Several posts have been edited or deleted.

Top Bottom