Stockpile Suggestion.

+
Please change the current Stockpile. Adjacent aspect isn't fun.
Here is my suggestion.

Order: Reduce Cooldown of an unit by 1. After 2 turns gain 1 Charge.
Charges: 3
Resupply: Boost an random allied unit by 1.
At the beginning of the round, refresh this ability.

Order: After one turn, owner's can trigger this ability whenever during his turn.
Cooldown: The number of turns before an Oder or fee ability can be reused.
Charge: The number of times an Order ability can be used. Only cards with Charges X can gain additional Charges.
Resupply: Trigger this ability whenever you play Warefare card.

Attachments

• Stockpile_ (1).png
    Stockpile_ (1).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
Stockpile itself is fine. The game is just lacking Soldiers with Cooldown at the moment. Giving Siege Master a Cooldown ability would be logical, the current iteration makes no sense anymore.

Last edited:
How is Stockpile fine bro? How is Stockpile fine? No other Leader have adjacent aspect attached to their ability at least not to my knowledge and second thing adding 2-point volunteer unnecessary doesn’t help…. Anyway, I am leaving my suggestion here and I hope CDPR Gwent department will acknowledge my suggestion and make Stockpile better. And now about soldier Cooldown unit it is easy just make Redanian Archer Power: 2, Armour: 3, Provision: 5 Zeal. Order (Ranged): Damage a unit by 1. Cooldown: 2. Barricade: Reduce Cooldown by 1. And it will be fine.

How is Stockpile fine bro? How is Stockpile fine? No other Leader have adjacent aspect attached to their ability at least not to my knowledge and second thing adding 2-point volunteer unnecessary doesn’t help….
I would presume a person considers stock pile to be fine because he or she does not find it either over or underpowered. I have neither tried nor encountered it so I won’t comment there.

But the argument that no other power requires adjacent units is ridiculous—no other power even effects multiple units in a single charge except for reckless flurry and invigorate — and one of these doesn’t even use board state while the other is completely random targets. But if it bothers you so much that the power is different, you should suggest it targets only one unit like other leaders.

As for the spawning volunteers, that offers 6 points of added value to the leader — presumably to make average return similar to other leaders.
Post automatically merged:

And now about soldier Cooldown unit it is easy just make Redanian Archer Power: 2, Armour: 3, Provision: 5 Zeal. Order (Ranged): Damage a unit by 1. Cooldown: 2. Barricade: Reduce Cooldown by 1. And it will be fine.
Archers really don’t need a change — they presently have a niche because of their ability to self-generate charges and to store charges. Your proposed change makes them fill essentially the same role as reinforced ballista with the result that either one or the other will never be used, or both will be so similar that it makes no difference which is used. In either case, deck variety is reduced.

Last edited:
How is Stockpile fine bro? How is Stockpile fine? No other Leader have adjacent aspect attached to their ability at least not to my knowledge and second thing adding 2-point volunteer unnecessary doesn’t help….
Being an unique leader is a bad thing now? I already explained why the leader itself is fine. The issue is they didn't rework Crew properly to go alongside it. If they rework Kaedweni Sergeant, Odrin, Siege Master and possibly even Trollolo to have Cooldown abilities the leader will work well.

If they make it simpler to line up three units the leader will be good. I disagree with your suggestion to simplify it rather than giving it more support. With this version it will be very similar to before, which was already very similar to Royal Inspiration only for Charge instead. NR has long needed more varied leader options.

There is nothing stopping you from choosing a simpler leader if you dislike the playstyle. Mobilization works well with Siege Engines as well.
While lining up adjacent units might not be fun for you it is fun for others.

Last edited:
Being an unique leader is a bad thing now? I already explained why the leader itself is fine. The issue is they didn't rework Crew properly to go alongside it. If they rework Kaedweni Sergeant, Odrin, Siege Master and possibly even Trollolo to have Cooldown abilities the leader will work well.

If they make it simpler to line up three units the leader will be good. I disagree with your suggestion to simplify it rather than giving it more support. With this version it will be very similar to before, which was already very similar to Royal Inspiration only for Charge instead. NR has long needed more varied leader options.

There is nothing stopping you from choosing a simpler leader if you dislike the playstyle. Mobilization works well with Siege Engines as well.
While lining up adjacent units might not be fun for you it is fun for others.
Being unique but useless is a bad thing. I prefer a leader to be ordinary but effective. Rather than waiting until they introduce more units with cooldown, this can easily be solved by allowing you to select the units you want, regardless of their row placement. That would at least make Stockpile playable, and not useless the way it is now. They reworked this leader specifically for this archetype and accidentally they revived Mobilization.

As for the spawning volunteers, that offers 6 points of added value to the leader — presumably to make average return similar to other leaders.

If you think my purposed suggestion lacks points then let me add new line. Adrenaline 3: Play winch.
Now let me tell why spawning volunteers is bad idea?

(1) It makes your sequencing awkward.
(2) It clogs your side of the battlefield.
(3) Cloggers gets open opportunity to clog you with 2- point volunteer.

Some would say volunteers gives you Crew pockets. Let me tell you NR have plenty of soldiers to that exact thing. Secondly, I hate Crew in general. Those guys just don't stick.
Anyway, that's completely whole thread and I am not going to discuss about that.

Being an unique leader is a bad thing now?
I can counter argue your statement “Being an unique leader is a bad thing now?” in number of ways but I won’t.

I disagree with your suggestion to simplify it.

I respect your disagreement about my suggestion but I agree to disagree Stockpile is fine.

And this is my last comment. I won't comment any further.

the leader certainly is awkward. I dont particularly like your suggestion (sounds OP to me) but adding a resupply mechanic sounds like a cool idea to me, leaders with a passive are usually much more interesting imo.

Can you please elaborate why does it sound op?
Order: Reduce Cooldown of an unit by 1. After 2 turns gain 1 Charge.
Charges: 3
Resupply: Boost an random allied unit by 1.
At the beginning of the round, refresh this ability.

So at the beginning of each round, you have 3 charges (basically 3 damage with any cooldown engine) and gain a charge after (every?) 2 turns? lets say you only get an additional charge once per round, for a total of max 12 charges. on top of that you get 1 point for every warfare you play. I admit giving cooldown reduction is more awkward and complicated then just dealing 1 damage or boosting but it would in theory play for like 17+ points probably, even much more when you use your charges on foltest pride. idk, just sounds overtuned to me personally.

After using 3 charges it basically become old Stockpile. Resupply aspect is just joke for me personally because there not many good warfare cards. And holding charges is also kind of waste because if opponent passes you lose all your stocked up charges in next round. My suggestion needs player testing to see how good it performs.

I dont think it too.

But lets be honest, this New stockpile can be even worst than The old One.
agree, it's pretty naive to think your opponent will just let you play 3 cooldown engines next to each other without interrupting at least one of them. or maybe thats on purpose? xD

I doubt they will make such a radical change after just one month
I know... I know... but I wanted to give my feedback so I gave. That's it. But who know they might see it and make changes to current version of Stockpile.

agree, it's pretty naive to think your opponent will just let you play 3 cooldown engines next to each other without interrupting at least one of them. or maybe thats on purpose? xD
Exactly. :howdy:

Top Bottom