How do you like the new changes to GWENT?

+

Do you like the changes to GWENT, re now no unranked Standard matches & Seasonal match prerequisite?

• Yes and yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes and no

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No and yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No and no

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was enjoying the current Seasonal challenge mode more than I thought I would be and played more of it than I thought I would. I'd play more again, if it returned. However, after finishing a session today, I returned and saw that it was now locked to players who aren't Level 10 or better. This looks to be another move on CDPR's part to force people to play the game more than they are currently doing as well as to force them to play the Ranked matchmaking mode. Which brings me to my next point.

I also noticed today that Standard matches no longer have an Unranked option, which was my default play option and one I especially liked for the daily challenges, where you had to play certain cards etc in order to gain rewards, e.g. 'Play 40 artefact cards' to get 2 keys, say, as a reward.

Now that I'm locked out of playing the seasonal matches, I'm not sure if that will have the desired result for CDPR. In other words, I might play the game less than I would otherwise. At best, I might just play enough to be eligible to play the Seasonal matches, so long as the Seasonal mode is appealing, which isn't always the case.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I also noticed today that Standard matches no longer have an Unranked option
Yes, they do. It's in the patch notes: "Unranked Standard Mode matches are now shown under Training Mode."

And seasonal is not restricted based on rank. I think you need to be level 10 to play it, but rank has nothing to do with it.

Yes, they do. It's in the patch notes: "Unranked Standard Mode matches are now shown under Training Mode."

And seasonal is not restricted based on rank. I think you need to be level 10 to play it, but rank has nothing to do with it.

Yesterday I played a lot of Seasonal matches. When I returned, the option was blocked to me. The Reward Book trees for Seasonal were also blocked to me. Today, I could play Seasonal mode again, even though my Level was worse than 10. The Reward Book for the Seasonal challenge was open again. WTF?

Some theories on what's going on:

a) It's another, expected CDPR GWENT bug which got fixed.
b) It was a change which players didn't like, let CDPR know and they backed-down, restoring the old system.

I'm also wondering if CDPR can tailor the game experience on an individual level in order to get players to play more. In other words, not everybody had this restriction on game modes. Anyway, since the restriction has disappeared (just for now?), I played quite a few games today, since there was another incentive to do so.

Who reads patch notes? Why remove from the UI information which is perfectly clear and then bury the modes that people want to play in a part of the UI which has provided no reason for people to explore, i.e. Training Mode? It's crazy.

All in all, if these are ploys from CDPR to introduce restrictions on what modes are available in order to get people to play the game enough to satisfy CDPR, well, sucks to them. It's bad faith on their part.

Once again with the baseless accusations and suspicions towards CDPR. Not a welcome attitude.

Also, since neither of the changes asked about actually took place the premise of the thread is not particularly solid.
There is a dedicated thread about the change to unranked's location, which you can use.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom