Odd frametime spike

+

DC9V

Forum veteran
Wondering if it's maybe the motherboard and how it handles passing the data? can motherboards cause spikes?
Yes. Is your XMP enabled? both the factory clock and unified memory clock should be set to 1800 when running DDR4-3600. The AUTO setting should do that, if your BIOS is up to date.

Yea gets weirder and weirder this. Just got outa the plaza so gonna test abit later too se if i get the same problems. Could possibly be some spyware or something but... Or some bloatware in the background.

Tryed reseating the gpu? should cause problems in other games too if thats the problem tho. only real differance is the cpu between us so. could it ba an intel issue? :S sounds weird ^^

Tryed reseating the gpu? should cause problems in other games too if thats the problem tho. only real differance is the cpu between us so. could it ba an intel issue? :S sounds weird ^^
Trying another motherboard tomorrow night. It's a slim chance but hey its Amazon, will just return it if no difference :)

only other thing i can think of just like that is resizeble bar.. sounds weird if it would casue this tho.
I found a fix. I saw someone say they changed all parts in their PC and still had issues with random one off frametime spikes and they fixed it by...get this...unplugging the USB 3 cable from the motherboard.

I thought "no way" but yeah, it worked. No idea, maybe a grounding issue with some front panel on PCs, but once I unplugged it all my spikes in Doom Eternal went and the ones in Cyberpunk are very, very few now.

A few people have since tried it and it worked for them, and with different PC case makers, which makes me think its a fault with grounding. Maybe a bad batch?

Wow that sounds random. Not impossible tho but is it with stufgf plugged in to the usb3 too? i have a port like that but dont use it atm and dont have that spike so could be why perhaps? gonna try it i think :D Weird tho. must be causing a issue with the cpu then i guess? guess thats why the gpu utilization goes down when it happends? cool that somebody figured it out anyways!

Wow that sounds random. Not impossible tho but is it with stufgf plugged in to the usb3 too? i have a port like that but dont use it atm and dont have that spike so could be why perhaps? gonna try it i think :D Weird tho. must be causing a issue with the cpu then i guess? guess thats why the gpu utilization goes down when it happends? cool that somebody figured it out anyways!
Nothing plugged in. I think it's a grounding issue with a small charge/static. Seeing as other case owners with different makes have had this, I think it's either a design flaw in some cases made or just the odd few where they were not grounded while built (around/inside the USB front panel) which means it could happen to any case, so it's handy to know for any future cases I get.

Sadly, this also means there is a case lottery and until you build and test, a tiny % could have this issue.

10900k (no overclock)
MSI RTX 3090 suprim x
32GB 3800mhz
MSI Z490 Gaming edge
WD m.2 850

Hi
I run Cyberpunk at 4k on max setting with DLSS on performance (this issue happens on all DLSS settings/off) and I have odd frametime spikes. Maybe everyone gets these, so I thought I would check.

The game runs at 60fps and yet I get random frametime spikes even if the fps is still locked on 60. The spikes happen in no set pattern and strangely it's normally when there is little going on. It seems like a map section loading in as I fly through the city, which I could understand, but the main issue is when V gets a call and when V completes a mission.

When an NPC calls V, as soon as that video pops up I get one big spike, but it's not 100% of the time. The one that is 100% of the time is when I finish a mission and the message pops on screen and that little bit music plays, I get one big spike.

I wondered if the end of mission spike was because of the auto save, but that does not explain the ones I get when V gets a call. They are all mission connected though, either getting offered or finishing one.

It's not end of the world stuff, it might be 3-5 spikes per 20mins and they last like half a second, it's just really stands out because the rest of the time its smooth as butter.

Thanks for any info
I can almost guarantee its the autosave feature. Test it again, and when it stutters see if you notice a small red icon on the top of your screen for a millisecond, if its there, then thats your issue. There is a tweak to turn of autosave that you can find if you look it up, but i would strongly recommend not turning this off unless you aren't doing main/side story lines, or endings, as that can mess things up if you die. If its not the autosave feature, than i have no idea, maybe turn windows defender off if you have it on, in certain games i've found that to cause stuttering

Top Bottom