Revenge in this game is shit [Spoilers]

+
Apologies for the offtopic, but can you still romance Judi if you kill Maiko (and yes I forgot one way to romance her is to just knock Maiko out)?

Apologies for the offtopic, but can you still romance Judi if you kill Maiko (and yes I forgot one way to romance her is to just knock Maiko out)?
Nope :)
The only way to prevent Judy's romance, is to let Maiko take control of the Clouds (she become a Tyger Claw) and accept her money.
To romance Judy, you can :
- kill or knockout Maiko
- let her take control of the Clouds, but refuse her money.

For stay in the subject,
If you tell Judy to take care of Woodman (don't fight him at all), what does that change ?
You still be able to romance her or not ?
(I always kill him, such a monster...)

Last edited:
The only way to prevent Judy's romance, is to let Maiko take control of the Clouds (she become a Tyger Claw) and take her money.
Are you sure? I believe if you give control of Clouds to Maiko, but you don't take her money you can still romance her. And I kinda hope this is the case since I/V agrees that Judi is kinda jumping the gun and going too far without being ready for it.

Are you sure? I believe if you give control of Clouds to Maiko, but you don't take her money you can still romance her.
That's what I wrote, right ?
You're going to make me doubt my English there... :D

Edit : I edited a little bit before your quote (a little bit different and better I think) :)

OH my.
A lovely topic.
I found some indulgence of the sort in this game.

Which gang do I hate the most?
One word: ranyon. Voodoo boys get the least sympathy from me. I emptied all ammo I had into dead Placide before I left the church. I also didn't let anyone escape. Alt and I see eye to eye on that one. Kind of.
Who do I hate the most?
Dex. I did the same as with Placide when I found his body. I own Takemura, and he owes me double for sparing his wimp student, so the fact he killed Dex is kinda all right.
Who I wouldn't let live under any circumstances? Adam Smasher.
I couldn't care less about what beef Johnny has with him (oh I know how deep that one goes for Johnny). Adam's comment about "a cut of f... meat" was it. From the beginning, I said that I was going to find him, and rid of him for good.

Last edited:
Eh I don't know. I think the tyger claws might be worse than voodoo boys, but voodoo boys (if I am not mistaken) want to free the AIs and let the world burn so....kinda bad:)
But to get on topic, the mox (?) have a mission where you get a tygar claw boss. A very bad dude that torture joytoys and make BD from that. The important thing is that we can (if we choose to) knock him out and deliver him to them to do as they wish. I was hoping we would have had more of this type of 'revenge' and not just go and kill the guy.
...I mean as nice as killing people is true revenge is to light someone on fire or go hunt their family and send them their pieces and such:) Kidding ofcourse, but it would have been nice if V could do such things....ofcourse in a way that it is not shown exactly what is happening, but left to our imagination.

Eh I don't know. I think the tyger claws might be worse than voodoo boys, but voodoo boys (if I am not mistaken) want to free the AIs and let the world burn so....kinda bad:)
But to get on topic, the mox (?) have a mission where you get a tygar claw boss. A very bad dude that torture joytoys and make BD from that. The important thing is that we can (if we choose to) knock him out and deliver him to them to do as they wish. I was hoping we would have had more of this type of 'revenge' and not just go and kill the guy.
...I mean as nice as killing people is true revenge is to light someone on fire or go hunt their family and send them their pieces and such:) Kidding ofcourse, but it would have been nice if V could do such things....ofcourse in a way that it is not shown exactly what is happening, but left to our imagination.
Heh. That reminded me of some comments about Isaea from Baldur's Gate II, the chaps who wanted to burn him, hang him, then resurrect him to do it all over again.

I see going after the groups and persons for something they do or have done to others more as a vigilante thing. Revenge is done for something someone has done to me, also by proxy. Though,
I enjoyed the powerful moment hunting down Scavs in their own den, while looking for Evelyn. That is still a vigilante thing on top of the rescue as far as I am concerned. It is one thing to just get Evelyn out, and completely another to leave that hole filled with dead Scavs by choice.

Speaking of revenge,
I am still waiting for Scavs to come hunting me down. My V is ready, and the length of waiting is disappointing. Having about a hundred of them show up would have made my day.

Last edited:
Heh. That reminded me of some comments about Isaea from Baldur's Gate II, the chaps who wanted to burn him, hang him, then resurrect him to do it all over again.

I see going after the groups and persons for something they do or have done to others more as a vigilante thing. Revenge is done for something someone has done to me, also by proxy. Though,
I enjoyed the powerful moment hunting down Scavs in their own den, while looking for Evelyn. That is still a vigilante thing as far as I am concerned.

Speaking of revenge,
I am still waiting for Scavs to come hunting me down. My V is ready, and the length of waiting is disappointing.

I don't believe you need to use the 'spoiler' tag in the story section:)
....and bg2....stupid Jon Irenicus and stupid elven queen and....ugh why was I not allowed to kill her?!

I don't believe you need to use the 'spoiler' tag in the story section:)
....and bg2....stupid Jon Irenicus and stupid elven queen and....ugh why was I not allowed to kill her?!
Perhaps not necessary in this topic, since it already has the tag. Sigh.
Else, I do it so that everyone can experience everything for the first time in-game even if they happen to glance over my posts.

To Jon & co.

Stand. You rest each night uneasy. Yes, you are weary. You struggle daily. It will not end, you know, until you acknowledge what you are. You walk
as a mortal, taking no advantage from your heritage, from your talents within. So many things of flesh are greater than you. Walk among them, these beasts that are less than you are. See their strength; see how easily you fall to their muscle and skill. [...]
Why do you stand for this? Why do you submit to the flesh when death is bred in your bones? Do you realize the power you might hold?
Then, when they unleashed more power than they bargained for, both Bodhi and Jon scrambled to avoid dealing with it.

Last edited:
...I mean as nice as killing people is true revenge is to light someone on fire or go hunt their family and send them their pieces and such:)Kidding ofcourse, but it would have been nice if V could do such things....ofcourse in a way that it is not shown exactly what is happening, but left to our imagination.
I think TC and Valentinos are large-scale gangs in the usual sense, mixed good and bad and the source of income is similar, one is eastern, another is western
Jotaro (the boss who you said) was obviously the one of the worse,
He's (probably) the only Gun For Hire target who will definitely die, even his partner Jae-Hyun will alive if non-lethal knockdown

VDB is cult-like extreme organization. They're nice to themselves, bad for outsiders because of their extreme thoughts. They also have cult-like thoughts.

Animals and Maelstrom are mad warriors and scientists. The Mox is prostitution gang. Scavengers is mercs-like. 6thS is relatively hard to describe, I think they're a bit like the warlords in the Middle East and Africa

I am still waiting for Scavs to come hunting me down. My V is ready, and the length of waiting is disappointing. Having about a hundred of them show up would have made my day.
In a side job, you and Aldecaldos will negotiate with Scavs, the Scavs boss said that he remembered Sandra Dorsett
But it doesn't seem to be any revenge from Scavs for you poked their den while looking for Evelyn. I think it may be in DLC and there's may be more scenes of Scavs. They're just like temporarily added

Last edited:
Mercs who butchering people to resell cyberwares... Sound pretty bad for me :)
In a NCPD Scanner Hustle, there's mentioned some of Scavs help the police drive away the homeless, but they were obviously too unscrupulous:)Then they were betrayed by NCPD
The introduction of the Scavs also said that they do work similar to mercs

Jackie's death to me was more of the life of an edge runner than something that needed vengeance.

Johnny killed Johnny so f him.

Saul died for us not to waste on petty revenge.

Yorinobu pinned his dirty work on us, which was my big problem, if you're going to take someone out don't pin it on someone else, especially someone in a postion to strike back.

Last edited:
For stay in the subject,
If you tell Judy to take care of Woodman (don't fight him at all), what does that change ?
You still be able to romance her or not ?
(I always kill him, such a monster...)
Since no one answered your question, yes, you can still romance Judy if you did not kill Woodman.

Jackie's death to me was more of the life of an edge runner than something that needed vengeance.

Johnny killed Johnny so f him.

Saul died for us not to waste on petty revenge.

Yorinobu pinned his dirty work on us, which was my big problem, if you're going to take someone put don't pin it on someone else, especially someone in a postion to strike back.

Part of what I actually enjoyed about the game and wish it had been explored further is the fact that everyone on the Arasaka Board knew that Yorinobu murdered his father and were confused why Oda/Yorinobu both were trying to uncover it/cover it up. They basically were a bunch of Sith Lords.

Part of what I actually enjoyed about the game and wish it had been explored further is the fact that everyone on the Arasaka Board knew that Yorinobu murdered his father and were confused why Oda/Yorinobu both were trying to uncover it/cover it up. They basically were a bunch of Sith Lords.
At a certain point I feel like, especially in such a dynastic styled company, they probably were more "when" then "if" esepcially as it was not made a secret how much Yorinobu was the black sheep of the Arasaka main family.

At a certain point I feel like, especially in such a dynastic styled company, they probably were more "when" then "if" esepcially as it was not made a secret how much Yorinobu was the black sheep of the Arasaka main family.

The fact that they didn't care is what really makes it funny.

It does make Hanako's reaction more ruthless. Oda kept thinking of her as an innocent but she didn't care until her brother tried to kill her (or so she thought).

Last edited:
Top Bottom