Sounds problem in "The Hunt"

+
After patch 1.2 there is a problem with the sound in the quest called the hunt the news caster at the beginning no longer reports what's going on during the story it is totally quiet,and the music during the cartoon doesn't play either. I'm playing street kid.

Have a same problem during the hunt (for the new in River's car).
But for me (since day one), the cartoon sound start on the web page and never stop. I must save/reload when i follow River to see his sister. It's worse, in my opinion :D

This one has been on and off for me (PS4), depends on the playthrough. Sometimes the news report is mute sometimes it isn't.

Though every time since 1.05 Anthony Harris' "cartoon" audo has persisted after closing the computer and needs a reload. River's quests in general seem to be buggy for me. I can't even sit down and eat the Jambalaya without my V getting stuck in a standing animation through the dinner table.

edit: played through and re-tested, news report is always mute for me now, and the "ATT_CART_VIDEO" Harris cartoon music is still persistent, submitted a ticket with both issues.

Last edited:
Issue was reported via link above. I captured this also on video:
... just to be sure I tested it also on GFN servers and the same, no sound in Video in Rivers car.

Ive encountered the same problem. No audio and i've reported the bug through the support site. Not sure what this talk of a cartoon is, unless everyone means the news video that plays?

Im on a PC using onboard sound with most up to date drivers.

Patch 1.22 today and it still not fixed. This may be a side mission but it is a major one, how can they keep missing it?

I don't think the sound problems appeared in 1.2 have been fix for now :(
(all, the footstep, loud music in some area,...)

Patch 1.22 today and it still not fixed. This may be a side mission but it is a major one, how can they keep missing it?
I got an email from CDPR Support last week saying they're aware of the problem. My guess is this might not have been a known issue until past the "due" date for 1.22

I got an email from CDPR Support last week saying they're aware of the problem. My guess is this might not have been a known issue until past the "due" date for 1.22
I report it, right after 1.2 release, but they certainly work on other problems ;)
(for example, the disgusting sound of the cartoon has been fixed)

I got this bug yesterday. Such a shame, because it was one of the more memorable quests from my first playthrough.

Everyone who has this bug: if the sound disappears, try turning on the photo mode and then turning it off. When I lost the shower sound in apartment V, it helped - after turning the photo mode on and off, the sound appeared.

Good suggestion but I've just tested it with 1.22 and the issue is still persistent and reproducible, sadly.

Last edited:
So it is claimed to be fixed in the 1.23 update but I am still having the same issue and have tried from both old and new saves.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Old ok ;)
But new save ? "fresh" save in 1.23 ?
(sound weird to be as far with new start in 1.23)
Maybe he has a new save file where he has been avoiding the quest.
So it is claimed to be fixed in the 1.23 update but I am still having the same issue and have tried from both old and new saves.
I would try to delete all save files that are related to the quest, then validate game files via Steam/GOG and try again.

Maybe he has a new save file where he has been avoiding the quest.

I would try to delete all save files that are related to the quest, then validate game files via Steam/GOG and try again.
Yes, the "old" save file was a file I was avoiding the quest. Not an old 1.1 save or anything. Still having the issue and have pretty much given up on the game. I feel as though I would have to start an entire new game for these fixes to take effect which is more trouble than it's worth.

What wasn't broken was fun, but every time I get a little further I seem to get another bug. On a 2080Ti and a 3800x I doubt my hardware is at fault, everything else runs as expected. I would just like to be able to get through a few consecutive missions without getting ripped out of the immersion due to these things. The game has/had potential.

Top Bottom