Weird FPS Drops after 1.23

+
Every 2-3 minutes my FPS drop from 60 to 5-7 and then up again.
Before patch it happened after 1-2 hours of game.

GPU is 99-100% during the drop and 50-60% during normal game; CPU is always 15-30%.
RTX 2080 i9-9900K 32GB SSD, Play on MEDIUM in 2K.

The Local game files are verified and the Temp folder on PC is cleaned!

Did you get the same problem/have solutions?

Not so sure, but when you said 2-3 minutes, a little idea come to me.
Can you verify if when the FPS drops, the game was not doing an auto-save ?

2-3 min sounds way too often too be autosave? Sounds more like a streaming problem too me. takes time loading something or something else takes up cpu/gpu processing. Does it happend when standing still?

Nope, the game save quite often.
If you are on SSD, you don't really care, but on HDD (especially for me day one on XB1x), with the 1-2s freeze when the game save, you know it's often.
In my case (XBSX), it is between 2 and 5 minutes (big max) if I look may game saves ;)

I know it's a hassle, but have you tried reinstalling the game completely? I think it was reported with other patches that the game can sometimes work worse after update, but actually better after fresh install with newest update. I had simillar problem with game's performance after one of previous patches and complete reinstall worked perfectly in my case.

Weird thing is: The game is installed on a half-empty system SSD, I have reinstalled it clean yesterday - didn`t fix my problem.

Tried just standing still on some street corner too se if it happends then too? Should be an save icon too if its the saveing thats the problem i think?

I used a RTX 3080, i9-10900F, 32GB RAM, SSD, Ultra High Settings (used NVIDIA Geforce Experience optimal settings, DLSS on Balanced mode) in 1440p

So far it is ok for me, just started my third playthrough (fresh new start after patch 1.2.3)

FPSCapture.JPG

Every 2-3 minutes my FPS drop from 60 to 5-7 and then up again.
Before patch it happened after 1-2 hours of game.

GPU is 99-100% during the drop and 50-60% during normal game; CPU is always 15-30%.
RTX 2080 i9-9900K 32GB SSD, Play on MEDIUM in 2K.

The Local game files are verified and the Temp folder on PC is cleaned!

Did you get the same problem/have solutions?
I have the same but with amd

something very common, if it was never seen to update the ssd drivers. manually from the site of the brand itself.
to avoid power problems, sleep mode etc.

from 1.23 I also noticed it but not so often, I already reported it.

DC9V

Forum veteran
is that 15-30% CPU total CPU usage or single core?
Edit: I guess it's total CPU usage and it seems to be normal, at least when comparing it to my 5950x.

Last edited:
I've got the same issue, I sometimes get some stuttering very randomly. It never happened sinced day 1 of playing CP.

I have absolutely no clue what could becausing it.

There are already several with the same problem reporting in the forum, the safest thing is that it is 1.23 the problem and they have to update the drivers for the game which is not upload yet.

Hard to tell. PCs are complex. The reason could still be a non-optimized system on consumer end. Maybe some bloatware that has been auto-updated and now is messing with the power plans... :shrug:
Sounds like a huuuge coincidence. Kinda doubt that tbh. I havent noticed any of these problems but noticed some gfx glitches ive not seen before. RTX reflections and shadows acting weird . Dunno if its a driver issue or something else but havent really tested that much

Top Bottom