Voice-Over / Text-to-Speech-Converter / Listening to Shards

+
Hi! Wouldn't it be great if we can listen to Shards, while going on playing?

R_.png
= Read Shard

R_v_.png
= Speak Shard

It could be implemented as a skill: By listening to NPCs talking, or by scanning ads, you can train your converter, unlocking features such as being able to determine the speed of the speech... The name of this converter could be: Dandelion Relic

What do you think?

@moderation, would you be so kind and move this post?

Last edited:
Yep that could be damn amazing :)
I'm a huge fan of ME 1/2/3 codex where the "principal" infos are read by a voice over (such a great voice in French indeed). Abandoned in Andromeda and it's a real shame... (for me at least).
Johnny could read the shards (less obvious for the conversations), and also a huge amount of work for implement that :)

View attachment 11228843 = Read Shard

View attachment 11228840= Speak Shard

It could be implemented as a skill: By listening to other NPCs speaking, or scanning ads, you can train your converter, unlocking features such as being able to determine the speed of the speech...

What do you think?

Post automatically merged:

The name of this converter could be: Dandelion Relic
Great idea. Would be a lot of work though, as there seem to be hundreds of them.

Yep that could be damn amazing :)
I'm a huge fan of ME 1/2/3 codex where the "principal" infos are read by a voice over (such a great voice in French indeed). Abandoned in Andromeda and it's a real shame... (for me at least).
Johnny could read the shards (less obvious for the conversations), and also a huge amount of work for implement that :)
Great idea. Would be a lot of work though, as there seem to be hundreds of them.

I wouldn't mind if it was an auto-generated voice.

Counting everything (conversations included), not so far from a thousand I would say... That's a lot :)
I think Paweł Sasko said it was approx 600, during one of his streams. (If I remember correctly.)

Last edited:
I think Pawel Sasko said it was approx 600, during one of his stream.
It's underestimated for me, I haven't found everything but just the conversations (in the "miscellaneous" section), I have more than 500 :(
(I load my point of non return, and I'll count that)
Edit : 658 shards in total, knowing that it is certain that I did not find all of the "hidden" shards.

Last edited:

View attachment 11228843 = Read Shard

View attachment 11228840= Speak Shard

It could be implemented as a skill: By listening to NPCs talking, or by scanning ads, you can train your converter, unlocking features such as being able to determine the speed of the speech... The name of this converter could be: Dandelion Relic

What do you think?

This is an amazing idea. I could listen all day to Alt Cunningham reading the short literature logs I've picked up.

LOL... After you get Excelsior, he could tie-in to your cyberware like Tony Stark's Jarvis, and from that point onwards dictate shards to you... (as a bonus, the cab's voice is a bit warbly/glitchy anyways... a text-to-speech model based on this character would naturally help hide any flaws... because they'd seem like a natural quality of the character's voice.) ;)

The suggestion could be done in a more flattering way indeed :giveup:
But I think what might have made him apprehensive was the "we have confirmation". I know it was a joke but it might have made him more aware, and by offending I think he meant its offensive for people that make that a living, because he's just doing it for sports.
Edit: or even offensive if thinking that CDPR would put content created so casually into the game

Top Bottom