Dual Wielding Handguns, smg's.... Yes, No, Maybe?

+
Deus Ex needed no boss fights, at all. They R Dumb.

The ambidexterity chip is great fun. I have a super cool plan for one involving dual cybereyes...

Tsunami Arms Helix on each limb, loaded with alternating Frag-Flechette and DPU rounds. Deranged levels of carnage.

Tsunami Arms Helix on each limb, loaded with alternating Frag-Flechette and DPU rounds. Deranged levels of carnage.

I assume you can have two gun arm implants, and I again assume you could fire both arms at the same time, so I don't see how dual wielding wouldn't be viable. The question is can you hold a gun with a gun arm? ;)
This is where limiting the number of weapons you can carry with you would be welcome so all the solos in the world don't look like general grievous.

Cyberlimbs have slots - weapons take up so many slots. There are limits. There are no specified limits as to additional shoulder mounts for additional limbs - common sense prevails. Hopefully.

I assume you can have two gun arm implants, and I again assume you could fire both arms at the same time, so I don't see how dual wielding wouldn't be viable. The question is can you hold a gun with a gun arm? ;)
This is where limiting the number of weapons you can carry with you would be welcome so all the solos in the world don't look like general grievous.
Well...
Cyberlimbs have slots - weapons take up so many slots. There are limits. There are no specified limits as to additional shoulder mounts for additional limbs - common sense prevails. Hopefully.
Sard is bang on here. A standard Cyberarm has 3 option slots and a standard Cyberleg has 2. Meanwhile, a pop-up gun, (mounted inside the limb on a retractable mount,) takes up 1 option slot. If, (as some of the recent pictures showed,) you add a false shoulder mounting with another pair of arms then you can in theory have up to 14 guns in your limbs while holding another 4 guns in your hands.

The recoil from firing all of this would be massive though. Even the biggest, toughest guys would struggle to remain upright and not lose their shiny new arms and legs.

As cool as that sounds, I would hope that any PnP GM worth their salt would either nip that shit in the bud or make the guy explode on the first fumble roll he made.

There is also the humanity loss to consider.

The humanity loss from installing all this cyberware would indeed be very high, but with luck and a high statrting empathy, it is doable. Especially if you add the stuff over time while having therapy.

PS: @ Sard + Warsend:
In case you are wondering, I am the second type of GM, I will make the shit explode the first chance I get if you try to fit this stuff to your characters...

A) Humanity loss with cyberlimbs isn't too bad, actually. Surprisingly low for what you get.

I actually like the idea of cyber-therapy reducing humanity cost by up to 50% - it means such a high starting Empathy in such hardened killers is much less likely and correspondingly more believeable to me. Of COURSE that Solo has had therapy after his second cyberleg.

B)The recoil would be hiiilarious....maybe. Recoil is a funny thing - if a weapon is well compensated or built, like the AA-12, five or six of them spread across would..still hilarious. Although. Check the f/lb pressure from, say, a single 5.56 rnd : 1300 ft/lb. Now from a .50 cal - 13000 ft/lb. Yes, ten times the muzzle energy. Yet the .50 cal is very man-portable and in fact is apparently equivalent to a 12 gauge shotgun to fire. Not very bad at all.

So it's not so much the movie-like knock-you-around recoil that would be an issue as much as compensating for the varying "kick" times in terms of keeping the multiple muzzles on-target. Doable with the right cyber, I'd say. Your cyberlimbs would not be in danger of being torn off any more than from firing a .50 cal rifle.

NOT that there would be that much point - that many rounds sounds like fun, but in CP2020 each round hits individually against SP, ( armor rating). So the only things you'd need that firepower for...would be ignoring it. Better to go with one or two high-calibre weapons or HEP rounds, frankly.

Oh, this is doable. On average it would be a 35pt humanity hit for the shoulders and 4 cyberarms. More the way I roll. As GMs do you guys let regained humanity count just for skills or will it allow characters to get more ware? I just let it go for skills.

Hey, could you imagine Equilibrium without two-gun kata? Yes to dual wield, it's a fantasy game, and besides, I'm sure by 2077 they worked out the cybernetics to allow for dual wielding.

Oh, this is doable. On average it would be a 35pt humanity hit for the shoulders and 4 cyberarms. More the way I roll. As GMs do you guys let regained humanity count just for skills or will it allow characters to get more ware? I just let it go for skills.

I only allow between 10% and 50% of what has been lost to be recovered, based on a combination of player actions and therapy intensity.

I basically total up the combined humanity loss of currently fitted ware and work from that.

Yeah, same. It's therapy-dependent and cost-controlled. Outside Europe, I usually go with more time+ money = more Hum regained. Depending on nature of cause, you may or may not be able to keep the cyber during the process.

Pre emptive therapy helps you understand why a cybereye or torso plate does not turn you into a meat-grinding machine or husk of humanity. Cyber retained.

Post-trauma therapy tries to help you understand why eating humans or using them as lawn darts is not a productive, healthy activity. Cyber removed.

European clinics work differently. The book has it simply as ( very very expensively) you roll a second die every time you roll a die for humanity cost. Roll well and you could have zero humanity cost. Even if you roll poorly, there is no prohibition on paying for redoing the procedure. The catch? It is 1,000 eb PER POINT of potential HUM loss. So that cyberarm? 12000eb for the therapy. Plus the cyberarm itself of course. So if you're trying to repair installation costs for a limb, some eyes, skinweave, neuralware etc...well, let's just say you could, no exaggeration, buy a full body conversion for cheaper.

On the other hand, this does explain why those European Corporations can field those oh-so-effective human-looking cybernetic agents a la Syndicate, without them all being raving cyberpsychos. When they do. Which is rarely, since Europe isn't a big fan of heavy, obvious modification.

Top Bottom