Witcher 3 Stuttering on High end System in 1080p

+
Hello guys!

Is it a common issue to have stuttering in Novigrad specifically? Any other area in the game runs fine. I usually average around 110-138 fps around the town with frametime spikes. This is a jarring issue since this is the only game I have issues running smoothly. Is there anyway to fix this or is this just the way it is?

I've tried enabling Low Latency mode as I've heard this setting is equivalent to setting pre-rendered frames to 1 but this doesn't eliminate the issue.

I have everything on Ultra in game with Hairworks on AA at 8x

Thanks!

Specs

Ryzen 7 5800x
RTX 3070
16 GB 3600mhz
Seasonic 650watts 80+ gold

My FPS are set around 58, since I still run a GTX 970; however, first off, are you using any mods, specifically for lighting, LOD, or textures? Second, what in-game settings have you selected for the number of background NPCs? These can all affect FPS there. However, in general, Novigrad is a bit of a drag on GPUs.

My FPS are set around 58, since I still run a GTX 970; however, first off, are you using any mods, specifically for lighting, LOD, or textures? Second, what in-game settings have you set for the number of background NPCs? These can all affect FPS there. However, in general, Novigrad is a bit of a drag on GPUs.

Thanks for replying! The only mods I have are for the map markers to always appear on my map. The background characters I have are on Ultra as well. Do you recommend lowering it to remove stutter? Personally I don't think the FPS is the problem since I never go down below 110 in the city, it's more of a frame pacing issue I think. But I'll try changing the background NPC settings.

You're welcome. Ay, give it a try, and see if it helps. Your FPS are still quite high, so the stuttering could, indeed, be another issue, but let's start here.

Found the culprit. It was Nvidia Hairworks. Shame, I really liked the look of it on my game. Turned it off, stuttering was completely gone.

Top Bottom