Cyberpunk Source Material: Games, Movies, Books

+
Two games for android of which I downloaded the free version (as of now) in my phone:

Cyberlords Arcology
This one I'm two hours in. It may be a little repetitive, but it's always entertaining. Graphics are nice (and also a little repetitive ;P). Music ranges from fitting to... fantastic! There is some simple strategy and ic controlls pretty well (although sometimes when your runners are ganging on an enemy and theyr'e tight and close you might need to use the tactical pause to get them out of the crown to do some actions like healing, miiiiiiiiinor anoyance), you can customize to some degree their nanotechnology implants (their progression is a little linear, and some characters come with some slots already chosen for us).

Cyber Knights

I plan on reserving this one for when I beat Cyberlords. The graphics aren't much to look at, but they get the job done (portraits aren't bad, though). There are many elements taken from games so apart like Shadowrun (on Genesis) and Shining Force(... on Genesis). For what I have seen and read, the game has come a long way since earlier releases, as the built in instructions made it look super-deep and super-complex... like a thorough adaptation of something in between the two major PnP cyberpunk games. Check it out. The free version includes all the story and three classes (gunslinger, cybersword and sniper), while the premium version includes new ones (hacker and face it seems).

Cyberlords is much better than Cyberknights.

I've now finished Cyberlords, in about 5 hours 30'. It was okay, I liked it. It gets REALLY repetitive. It's rather obvious they took inspiration from DE:HR before you reach the ending, but there's no different approaches. Trying to be stealthy is very impractical because it's unlikely you'll have everyone with the stealth augs maxed out and you can't/won't have any reason to traverse a hall with just your stealthy 1 or 2 characters, and also you'll notice early on that all the "dungeons" are completely linear, you just have to find which terminal opens which door, but that's it. Still, I liked it and would like it to be the germ of a bigger sequel that gets everything right, I would love to see a Cyberlords: Metroplex XD. "XD" is part of the title.

Cyberknights I've just started playing and it is pretty slow for a mobile game, and that fast-but-not-fast-travel can seem like casualization... but again, mobile game, and when you click your destination your character will just choose the *best* route possible and you'll still be able to get into random encouners, so it's ok. But I'm liking it, and I'm liking the complexity of its system. The writing is nice, the options for random encounters and how to solve them are really cool, the heat and reputation system and the possibility of being tracked by the faction owning a district are nice too.

this.....looks more like a Frozen spin off....
[video=youtube;ahb-a6tupSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahb-a6tupSE[/video]

it's cool to find aliceffekt or Blame (manga) inspired indies
[video=youtube;uDSi1-lACNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDSi1-lACNk[/video]

Fear Effect, and Fear Effect : Retro Helix, i remember they were hard, but really good games.

Fear Effect

Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix

Headhunter
I really digged that one!
A soon-future, body banks trafics, corporations conspiracty, crooked headhunters, submarine prison, etc...

Angel Devoid Face of the Enemy
This game sucks, but the design is nice.

List re-made from scratch, new games added, new sub-categories added, next, correct errors and merge the Anime Cyberpunk List with this one.
07/12/2013
- Killah1981

@emicrania There aren't many remarkable cyberpunk games out there. The coolest one might be I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream if it doesn't look too old for you. Then some more popular stuff follows, like: shadowrun, syndicate, deus ex games, system shock 2, Beneath A Steel Sky, Primordia, Burn Cycle, snatcher, metal gear solid, uplink and something i forgot because i don't care enough.
Looking at the current times you can get or keep an eye on stuff like mirror's edge 2, satellite reign, shadowrun returns, Gunpoint, Quadrilateral Cowboy, a random metal gear game, a deus ex game you won't find on any decent gaming platform, prey 2, neocron 3, Gemini Rue, Cypher and obviously cyb 2077 which is basically the most promising one.
That's a bagaglio of cyberpunk games for you.

You may also go atom/dieselpunk with fallouts or bio/steampunk with the first Bioshock which is a system shock clone.

or go pew pew with F.E.A.R. which has Akira replaced with Sadako

don't know about the longest journey and dreamfall chapters though, never played them

Top Bottom