Is there any solution to significant graphical downgrade?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1624785768405.png

Hello everyone, here's a quick photo. I played this game in the first release, I wasn't getting 60FPS at ultra settings but graphics were amazing and I was OK with playing the game at 35-40FPS anyway.

Recently, I decided to start playing the game again, I quickly realized everything was so much smoother. But with a high price: Blurry textures and lod problems.

So is there any mod/solution to fix this problem? I'm literally playing the game in ultra settings, but it feels nowhere near that. Look at the picture, those blury textures are everywhere.

I prefer playing the game at 30FPS without popping up meshes / LOD problems and blurry textures

So is there any solution? It's installed on SSD btw.

Last edited:
Yep, the downgrade is noticeable :(
But not for a really "strange" reason.
You can look this post by SigilFey.
That's could explain (in part) the reason why the PC users are also impacted. And now that the game work way better on "consoles", it will certainly come back as at the beginning (even better) one day ;)
Just need to be patient or downgrade your game version (if you don't mind meeting all the bugs already fixed since then).

On Steam is possible to downgrade your game, but way more difficult than GoG :(

DC9V

Forum veteran
I've tried some mods and they caused issues that are now tied to the save-files, even after removing the mods, validating game files, and a complete re-installation of the game. Mods are not officially supported so there probably won't be a solution for this. I recommend to wait for the next gen patch.
Post automatically merged:

We will eventually get upgraded to next gen console graphics quality, don't expect anything beyond that. It's the result of yet another wrong decision by CDPR, to release to game with all it's beauty and take it away from customers once it became clear the consoles couldn't handle it whatsoever.
I didn't like it either, but it was the right decision. The pandemic has just arrived a turning point, but the chip crisis will continue.

Last edited:
I guess I found a solution.

I was playing the game with DLSL on. I turned it off and blurry textures have gone away. But I don't think blurry textures comes from DLSL, I think it's a bug. Because like you can see in the screenshot, it's not a simple blur, it's extreme. I was playing the game like lowest settings, after disabling DLSL and reactivating it with Quality DLSL, problem went away.

So if you have a similar problem, just try that and hopefully it will solve your problem too.

View attachment 11230283
Hello everyone, here's a quick photo. I played this game in the first release, I wasn't getting 60FPS at ultra settings but graphics were amazing and I was OK with playing the game at 35-40FPS anyway.

Recently, I decided to start playing the game again, I quickly realized everything was so much smoother. But with a high price: Blurry textures and lod problems.

So is there any mod/solution to fix this problem? I'm literally playing the game in ultra settings, but it feels nowhere near that. Look at the picture, those blury textures are everywhere.

I prefer playing the game at 30FPS without popping up meshes / LOD problems and blurry textures

So is there any solution? It's installed on SSD btw.
Never played a game that made me feel like I need glasses for vision.
Then I go play an older game and everything is clear and detailed, not blurred.
TAA is a blurry AA implementation, DLSS make the game blurry, Low LOD at distance, Low textures, streaming textures problems. You got a perfect storm on your hands.

Sigh. General I Hate The Cyberpunk thread is what this has turned into.

Useful reply from the OP, solving his own issue no less, (thanks emrehan!):

"I was playing the game with DLSL on. I turned it off and blurry textures have gone away. But I don't think blurry textures comes from DLSL, I think it's a bug. Because like you can see in the screenshot, it's not a simple blur, it's extreme. I was playing the game like lowest settings, after disabling DLSL and reactivating it with Quality DLSL, problem went away.

So if you have a similar problem, just try that and hopefully it will solve your problem too."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom