What do you actually LIKE about the game?

+
The IP it is based on, Score, Soundtrack, some (voice) actors, especially the actress of female V, Art

And this is the problem of this game.

A superb director of photography, score, soundtrack, cast, art direction and location scout may salvage a movie with average screenwriting even if it is ridden by a bad director.
For a game this is not sufficient.

Well, there's tons to like about the game. My best compliment has to be the visuals and the sounds. I think the game is very artful in a macabre sort of way... to borrow a fancy English word. The game takes you deep into exploring more life and human nature, or at the very least what it can end up being. Maybe we are already there, I don't know. While you are playing, the game has a way of grabbing you. I don't mind all of the cut scenes at all. It's just a different game. I don't need to be in control 100% of the time.

And, of course, it can't hurt you have Keanu Reeves as a companion. Even though he's kind of a jerk. lol

The quests where you hopefully decided to let Silverhand take control of your body and you got to play a rockstar, that was fun, and a creative change from typical gaming where you work as other people's errand boys.

I don't know. I say can say a lot more. I get why the game is being criticized, and I game on PC so I didn't have the console the experience. I hear that was horrid. But from my window, yeah it was over sold, but I still liked it. I'd still buy it again, of course.
Post automatically merged:

Even just a piece of the game, think about the environment, it's amazing. The No-Tell Motel, after walking down that hallway after just screwing up a hiest, not knowing what to expect

photomode_21062021_021235.png

Then you look at the wall next to the room you are about to walk in (yes I just noticed this)
photomode_21062021_015438.png

"Does he look like a bitch?" One of the best Pulp Fiction lines ever!

Last edited:
Lot's of interesting graffitis.

Also, I like reading the shards, sometimes I get a shard from an NCPD job and forget to read it, then read later and it is like... what??? I try not to forget to read them at the moment because they are very interesting.

I try to read the shards. But I am not the reader that used to be, if I am being honest. As I've aged, I got easier and more visual. But those shards are like a full novel usually if you combine them all, you can make it into like a novel. So I have noticed the work that goes into giving the readers that bit of extra fulfillment. TW3 did the same thing in a big way I think. I try to skim through them.

So I have noticed the work that goes into giving the readers that bit of extra fulfillment.
What I find really cool (and impressive) is to get info on a quest/character/events with a shard found on the opposite side of Night City.
Good example for me, the car of Tucker Albach. GIG is in Heywood and the shard (and the car) is Santo Domingo.
Or a dialogue on a shard between Sasquatch and an Animal in Kabuki.

What I find really cool (and impressive) is to get info on a quest/character/events with a shard found on the opposite side of Night City.
Good example for me, the car of Tucker Albach. GIG is in Heywood and the shard (and the car) is Santo Domingo.
Or a dialogue on a shard between Sasquatch and an Animal in Kabuki.

Oh dude, I know! And I worry sometimes that I might be missing something if I don't read. When I was younger I read so much, I think I just burned myself out. And now gaming has come far I don't necessarily need a book, because games are satisfying my imagination in ways I couldn't do myself with a book. My above screenshots are just one example.

I have a lot of screen shots from this game that I think are incredible. Red Dead also has some mention. Both are very emotional and artful games that give me visuals I probably couldn't picture myself.

No, the best of the best, is before attacking (like in NCPD assaults) to sneak nearby and listen enemies dialogues. Many are really awesome and interesting.
It's still pushing the detail very far while the majority of players will never hear them... And it's fully translated... that's quite impressive. :D
(Obviously if you run with a shotgun in middle of them, you will never hear them).

Overall atmosphere for big city, i like detective quests, diving with Judy)... Many elements. Its good game but not best (W3 better imao for me)
photomode_21062021_034429.png

No, the best of the best, is before attacking (like in NCPD assaults) to sneak nearby and listen enemies dialogues. Many are really awesome and interesting.
It's still pushing the detail very far while the majority of players will never hear them... And it's fully translated... that's quite impressive. :D
(Obviously if you run with a shotgun in middle of them, you will never hear them).

I am sure you are right. I didn't like the bullet spongy mechanics so I just threw tons of grenades and sprayed and preyed. But I noticed some dialogue. Then I got the sword from the quest where I rescued the guy from the refrigerator and and it was all over, there was no dialogue after that, just carnage. Pretty sure that was an easter egg from Indiana Jones where he lived in a refrigerator. Then Fallout had a similar plug where you rescued a child from a fridge.

Of course on fallout I saved the boy and I had to shoot my way out, and I took a lot of fire from the freeway over pass, which I found interesting, but ok.

The epic refrigerator idea lives on.

Almost all enemies have dialogues that play before attacking them (on the phone or among themselves). Sometimes it's trivial, but others it's really interesting. You just have to approach without being detected.
The best example is during "the prophet song" (Garry's quest). It's just unreal and hilarious to listen the maelstromers and the "John/Jahne Doe" speaking :D

"What says the Wolf-Father to the Moon-Mother as she descends to earth"
"I have protected the realm of man and shadow, but today they are protected by our children whose name is Patricide"
"Lilith has concealed the tenth circle from the ancestor's eyes"

Last edited:
Almost all enemies have dialogues that play before attacking them (on the phone or among themselves). Sometimes it's trivial, but others it's really interesting. You just have to approach without being detected.
The best example is during "the prophet song" (Garry's quest). It's just unreal and hilarious to listen the maelstromers and the "John/Jahne Doe" speaking :D

"What says the Wolf-Father to the Moon-Mother as she descends to earth"
"I have protected the realm of man and shadow, but today they are protected by our children whose name is Patricide"
"Lilith has concealed the tenth circle from the ancestor's eyes"

Your reference there might be a plug to come classic work. I really can't remember anymore. Maybe like a Beowulf or the Llaid tale or the Odyssey for all I know.

I can remember enough to THINK I know what I am hearing there, and I appreciate it when gaming studios include stuff that that. My opinion including classic works and/or poetry in gaming never hurts anyone. The rest it is lost on they will just over look it. But at best it might cause a young gamer to look it up. Classical works are classic for a reason.

Patricide... uhh.. I guess that could mention any civil war... or it just over scores my appreciation how the game tackles human nature, the darker elements.

ATTENTION! Don't break your eyes, I'm using google translate.

Just thanks for this game. Cyberpunk 2077 is a great project that, while it looks halfway to completion, contains more than meets the eye. The industry needs this kind of game with deep content between the lines.

ps: someone may say that my post is unlikely to be seen by someone from the team, but if I were among the guys working on Cyberpunk 2077, I doubt that while in the toilet I would have found more important business, than to find out some news about what I gave 10 (+ -) years of my life. You did a great job, thank you!

ps: someone may say that my post is unlikely to be seen by someone from the team, but if I were among the guys working on Cyberpunk 2077, I doubt that while in the toilet I would have found more important business, than to find out some news about what I gave 10 (+ -) years of my life. You did a great job, thank you!

It's a known fact that devs from every software house enjoy lurking around forums (official and not) and subreddits to read what people think about the games they worked on, so it's certainly possible someone from CDPR is reading this. It's just that they're not always allowed to, or willing to, take part in the discussion, because everything they say can potentially backfire and cause a lot of trouble to their software house (i'll leave it to you to guess the reasons why). ;)

Visuals are gorgeous. Character models, bodies, faces. The city and surrounding areas feel compelling on top of being beautiful and atmospheric. Vehicles, costumes etc... Great job artists, modellers, animators. Bravo. Seriously. The game is a feast for the eyes.

Dialogues are very good. People talk like real people. It's just interesting to listen to them most of the time. Sometimes there are interesting themes and plot twists. Writers did a great job. It's rare in games. You guys is one of the main reasons why I follow CDPR games.

Soundtrack has nice tunes here and there. But Never Fade Away truly stuck with me.

That's about it.

The looks of it, because the rest is poorly designed. I don't get the love for it, but then again. People also buy Fifa every year, so some people have low standards

The looks of it, because the rest is poorly designed. I don't get the love for it, but then again. People also buy Fifa every year, so some people have low standards
Or maybe not the same tastes as you :)
Other standards could differents as yours, without saying there are "low".
I'm sure we could find a game that you love and that I find completely sucks... who's wrong, who's right... who know ? But whatever :D

I expected the game to be fallout 4 set in a cyberpunk setting. I was surprised at the depth of the story, it far exceeded my expectations to give me a glorious city and wonderful background to play in.

Or maybe not the same tastes as you :)
Other standards could differents as yours, without saying there are "low".
I'm sure we could find a game that you love and that I find completely sucks... who's wrong, who's right... who know ? But whatever :D

The list of things wrong with the game is long. Yesterday i summoned my bike, it popped up underneath a car. Kids are just shrunken adults. Loot you can't loot. Floating objects etc.
I haven't had a game i loved in quite a while, because developers seems to have gotten lazy and people accept ½ finished, poorly designed products like this. So they just make that

The list of things wrong with the game is long. Yesterday i summoned my bike, it popped up underneath a car. Kids are just shrunken adults. Loot you can't loot. Floating objects etc.
I haven't had a game i loved in quite a while, because developers seems to have gotten lazy and people accept ½ finished, poorly designed products like this. So they just make that
Problems do not prevent you from having fun playing as with everything :)
If we only took pleasure in driving in a Ferrari, or the pleasure of eating only in a 5-star restaurant, that would be very sad...

Top Bottom