Patch 1.23

+
How helpful are the error reports, which you can send to them, after the game flat-lined ?
Think its mainly the event viewer report on what happend and possibly some additional info that the game keeps... Those logs can help too find out what happend but i wouldent say its really indeepth.

You clearly have not played The Witcher 3. have you ? If you had played it then you would know that after patch 1.04 draw distance was F*u*ked up. If you had played it you would know that the vegetation and foliage quality got lower so that PS4 players can play it.
Just a reminder THER IS NO "OPTIMIZE" BUTTON TO MAGICALLY OPTIMIZE THE GAME FOR YOU !!!!!!!!

[...]

But why do they lower the graphics across all systems and not only for last-gen consoles ?

I'm ok with it on our XBox One X, but where is the point of having the PC Version as well, when the game looks like on last-gen's ?
Post automatically merged:

Think its mainly the event viewer report on what happend and possibly some additional info that the game keeps... Those logs can help too find out what happend but i wouldent say its really indeepth.

Ok, then I will keep sending them.
Post automatically merged:

I got something similar around v1.1, thought my GPU is busted but all fine in other games:
Reports of issues appearing after patch only for certain players makes me think they come not from patch changes but from the update process. Maybe some data gets corrupted or new version conflicts with older save and config versions? Anyone with uncommon problems after patching tried to do a clean install and new play-trough to confirm the issue persists? Does fresh install downloads latest version or you still have to go trough all patches from 1.0?

Via GOG, you are able to download the latest build as an installable package (~103GB).

I downloaded all patches, builds, goodies etc and have a folder with ~263GB or so (that's the collection of downloaded files and not the installed game), but didn't re-install the PC-Version (yet).

Last edited:
I just checked what it sends and if you press the "what info is beeing sent" link on the crashreporter it shows all the files it sends. Seems like its a bit more then i thought but looks too be mostly info about what was running when the crash happend. Processes and so on. Just glanced over it but meta data and so me stuff.

funniest part is some modder who tried to mess with clones months before CDPR, documented the same problems they're having 🤣 guess they didn't check out his/her work, too bad.

I have a crashloop on startup after I installed patch 1.23 on my Xbox Series X. Is that issue known to anyone?

I have a crashloop on startup after I installed patch 1.23 on my Xbox Series X. Is that issue known to anyone?
Nope, no problem for me on XBSX after 1.23 update. After every patch and since maybe easily two months (1.2), to tell the truth.
It crash when ? During the black screen with CDPR logo/ Red Engine/...? or directly after launching it ?
If you're not like me (with my poor net connexion), you can try to delete and reinstall it.

Also you could try that before > Clear cache ;)

Edit :
I saw your other post. If you don't choose to delete your saves in the cloud, you could delete everything on your console without losing progress ;)

Last edited:
How helpful are the error reports, which you can send to them, after the game flat-lined ?
Probably the most helpful, as it contains the specific feedback the devs are looking for. (They're the ones who coded the crash report to collect exactly that data, after all! ;) )

But why do they lower the graphics across all systems and not only for last-gen consoles ?
Because when changes like this are made, it's not as simple as lowerng a single value from 100 to 80 or something. It's usually a matter of completely rewriting the code for certain functions. Telling the engine how to write data to the RAM, and in what order to retrieve it in certain situations...that sort of thing. Once changes this deep are made, it's a terrible idea to take things in one direction on PS4, a totally separate direction on Xbox, and a totally separate direction on PC. If I do, every subsequent change will have to be handled differently on every different system. Before long, you'll basically need three completely separate studios to manage the three completely different ways the game is being designed.

Thus, patches will be made universally. In this case, changes to the rendering system will be a general attempt to more efficiently handle things, across the board. It's the same type of thing as, say, adding ray-tracing functionality to a game. I'm not going to write 3, totally different ray-tracing packages -- one for PS4, one for XBX, and one for PC. I'm going to write one, universal system that works on all platforms, then tweak them a little here and there as needed. If there's a major issue only on PS4, I'm not going to rebuild it from the ground up just for PS4, I'm going to edit the core functionality to try to get it working on PS4 without changing it too much for XBX and PC.

Once changes this deep are made, it's a terrible idea to take things in one direction on PS4, a totally separate direction on Xbox, and a totally separate direction on PC. If I do, every subsequent change will have to be handled differently on every different system. Before long, you'll basically need three completely separate studios to manage the three completely different ways the game is being designed.
Although it makes sense from a developing perspective regarding efficiency and time management, it this is the case with this game, then it either means the code is really bad and any minor tweak on any platform generates a "butterfly effect" on the game engine, messing up the rest of the code, or the game engine and coding is ok but they prioritize other things besides the rendering process.

Let's be real here, they don't need "three completely separate studios" to manage the optimisation of the game. They need 3 internal teams handling the optimisation.
There are countless exemples of game studios who can manage succesfully the optimisation across different platforms with totally different results of graphics between PC and the rest, regarding texture, draw distance, fps, RTX on or off. We are talking about AAA studios, not some indie devs of 10 people. This argument does not stand it's ground too well in my opinion.

I think with the statement that the state of the game is now "Satisfactory" that CD_Projekt Red is now done with trying to fix the game further.

I think with the statement that the state of the game is now "Satisfactory" that CD_Projekt Red is now done with trying to fix the game further.
I think they will now focus on AI and things like water physics. Because most of the progression blocking issues are gone.

If 1.23 is satisfactory, then we need to forget this game

Yeah, I haven't seen that said anywhere, but I literally laughed when I read it. If they do believe the game is "satisfactory" now, it doesn't say much about their "commitment to quality".

1624877627831.png

Yeah, I haven't seen that said anywhere, but I literally laughed when I read it. If they do believe the game is "satisfactory" now, it doesn't say much about their "commitment to quality".

I mean, I don't think there was ever a chance of the game continuing to be patched and altered beyond what it was. Just getting it to no longer crash every five minutes.

If 1.23 is satisfactory, then we need to forget this game

If you didn't like the original game then I don't think you'll ever like what it gets turned into after fixes.

For some people like me, the game is not in better place with the update. I can't play the game with ultra settings, I mean I can but the results are nothing near to ultra. So it's a little bit worrying to hear what they are thinking about the current patch.

Top Bottom