'Sup guys?

+
'Sup guys?

Took a week off work for my birthday. =D Looked something like:

club
steaks / beer / strip club (bachelor party)
Jiu Jitsu / gaming

video games + lazing about the house

family birthday dinner

more video games + lazing about the house

club
concert
Jiu Jitsu / gaming

Not too shabby of a week off. =)

How have you been? I see you've managed not to burn the place down. Heh.

I see you've managed not to burn the place down. Heh.

We thought you were going to do it...

club
Jiu Jitsu / gaming

family birthday dinner

club
concert
Jiu Jitsu / gaming

Can we swap lives for a week?

Forum veteran
Please tell me that the jiu jitsu happened right after the strip club.

I've always felt that martial arts would benefit from glitter.

For my bithday, I..worked. Harder.

Because mortgage.

You richies disgust me. You and your indolence.

club
Jiu Jitsu / gaming

family birthday dinner

club
concert
Jiu Jitsu / gaming

Sounds like heaven to me :D About strip clubs... It's cool when it's not you who pay otherwise it's a bit of waste of money unless you have some money to waste ofcourse ;)

For my bithday, I..worked. Harder.

Because mortgage.

You richies disgust me. You and your indolence.

Hhahahah Saard you workoholic you!

...what? You've never told someone that their hair smells nice while trying to pass guard? ;D

Oh, that's nice! No, usually when I'm in their guard I say "Don't worry, it's not gay if you don't make eye contact" then stare intently into their eyes :p

Or just "You know what'd be really gay right now?"

Boys are so easy to freak out with the homophobia :)

Oh, that's nice! No, usually when I'm in their guard I say "Don't worry, it's not gay if you don't make eye contact" then stare intently into their eyes :p

Or just "You know what'd be really gay right now?"

Boys are so easy to freak out with the homophobia :)

"It's ok. It's only gay if we both enjoy it..."

Heh. Are you saying martial artists might be homophobic?

I'd like to hope your opponents would be fine, even amused, while your audience might be somewhat taken aback.

Heh. Are you saying martial artists might be homophobic?

I'd like to hope your opponents would be fine, even amused, while your audience might be somewhat taken aback.

I'm not so much saying it as knowing it... There are few professional sports in existence with openly gay male players. Sports are seen by some as the last bastion of homophobic misogynistic "Red-blooded" male superiority. Look at the language they use to demean each other when trashtalking. I've found it hard over the years trying to cope with locker-room chat. It's slowly getting less horrible, or I'm getting better at blanking that shit.

S'funny, but I think true, old school martial artists, the one's who've grown up and proved themselves are usually a lot more open and calm about others personal stuff, but young males in a sporting arena? Most are so desperate to prove their manliness, also most are so young they define it in the narrowest of ways.

I'm doing so much work in other areas, with my mental health issues, I've had to take time off from training just to lessen the load of burning resentment that comes from being around such casually biased, narrow minded young people. I'll get back to it and work at blanking them more, because more than a few of them react in horribly predictable ways to what they perceive as a direct challenge to their rightness/goodness/smartness/manliness, and I've got to the end of my tether with just ignoring it.

That, and when I poke at it too much, some random one always ends up trying to touch me in the shower. *sigh*. It's not like I'm pretty or anything...

Top Bottom