Can you Downgrade to Version 1.22 via GoG Galaxy?

+
i mean 1.22 was at least playable compared to 1.23.

i started the new version for the first time and its horrible.
bug i love most: when you steal a car theres a chance that you just sit on the drivers lap and you drive around the City grinding on his Penis.
and if they get pulled out of the car, they fall thru the map and disappear.
what i love too: enemies standing inside concrete structures like bridges. fun part: they can shoot you from their bugged position but you cant shoot them, even if you use wall piercing bullets.

and those graphic bug are hilarious, washed up textures, wrong mesh models, cars and pedestrians suddenly appear like 2 yards in front of you out of nothing with Quake 2-Quality Textures just to suddenly disappear after they passed you, so if they drive past you or walk past you and you turn around, they are sudenly gone.

so my question is, is it possible to downgrade the game version?

DC9V

Forum veteran
My guess is that it works like this:
in GOG galaxy there are a lot of patches in the Extra section, and one big download for the game. The big download is labeled as 1.23, because usually it downloads patch 1.23 right afterwards, but it's actually an older version of the game (probably 1.12?). So if Auto-updates are disabled in the settings, you can patch it to 1.22 by downloading all patches from 1.12 to 1.22 and installing them in the correct order. Don't quote me on that though. I haven't tried it either.

Last edited:
In GoG Galaxy, hit the liitle button(with switch symbols) right of the 'play' button. Now go to 'manage installation' and then 'configure'. You should find the earlier patches there and switch back to them if you are having issues with current one.
When the Takemura telephone bug happened I went back to an earlier patch and played without issue. Its absolutely possible in GoG Galaxy. Its what makes this storefront superior in my humble opinion.

DC9V

Forum veteran
In GoG Galaxy, hit the liitle button(with switch symbols) right of the 'play' button. Now go to 'manage installation' and then 'configure'. You should find the earlier patches there
(y) in that section, the old versions will appear when unchecking auto-updates. Pretty cool that it's not necessary to do a complete reinstallation. Currently downloading 1.22, it's approx 40gb. (the whole game is more than 100gb.)
V_GOG_servers.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom