The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt IS OFFICIAL!

+
You played the Polish version? I think the VAs were a LOT better in Polish. I don't think they had the money back then.

Of course I did and the ?VA? voice actors? are waay better in Polish most probably due to the low budget others were crap or near to it. I mean why wouldn't I play? Everyone did it was the first polish serious RPG production of a global reach + it was based on our most famous fantasy writer's novel...One of the few original PC boxed games I still keep now...:)

Clerk-spy gambler = Thaler. Dunno who you mean by Magister and Mage. And all I need to remember is "Herd of Pigs" and how to use Google :)

Yeah Thaler. Magister and Mage? The two bad guys? main antagonists? Salamander bosses? Magister = Msc the science guy and the other bodybuilder sorcerer? :cool:

Yeah Thaler. Magister and Mage? The two bad guys? main antagonists? Salamander bosses? Magister = Msc the science guy and the other bodybuilder sorcerer? :cool:

Ah, OK - Magister became The Professor in the English version, but I should have got that, I'm a bit slow today. And Azar Javed.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/23/eyes-on-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/#more-166162

'There’s every reason for scepticism at this early, hype-manufacturing stage, but what we saw at Gamescom this year suggests that The Witcher 3 could be the most important mainstream game of 2014. "

Big.

"While the main story will spill through the game in a certain direction, the entire game space – an archipelago of islands and a chunk of the North Kingdoms of The Witcher’s world – will be open for the first moments of the game. Explore, say CDP, and damn right, says I."

"It was at this point in the presentation that I think I Tweeted “holy shit” or similar, because I could see where CDP were going with this."

"Anyway, I should mention at this point some of the remarkable atmospherics that were in play on the screen during this session. There was a storm blowing, and the entire forest, every bough and blade of grass, was being battered by the bad weather. The lighting and audio, too, suggested that this was a place tainted by evil, and once the monster was inevitably slain, the oppressive feel of the forest began to lift, the storm subsiding and the sinister effects dissipating into dappled sun and falling leaves."

THIS sounds very cool.

"As The Witcher left to continue his quest, a voiceover revealed something even darker was to befall the village once he had departed. The Witcher 3 is going to be a deep and dark tale, said CDP, full of difficult decisions not just for Geralt, but for the other people living in his world."

Oh, god. As if I didn't agonize over enough of the decisions in W1 and W2..

'If they can then, well, we’ll not simply have watched a development studio coming of age, we’ll have seen them established as one of the most important studios working in games today.

And it’s not every week that I get to type that."

Aand...then they'll make Cyberpunk. Oh, happy life.

I think Wisdom will be VERY happy about the wasteland and open world options. Yes I do.

Yeah its all so cool news I wonder tho If CDPR check this forum and implement our suggestions in any way... I have never ever before participated in a forum which is devoted to some game which is to be released in 2 yrs time or so. I'm just curious. On the other hand what would be the point of setting this forum apart from building and integrating the communitty if not inspiration and a mine of new ideas?? Wonder how did it look like at The Witcher forums? Did you guys who contributed there by posting your ideas and suggestions noticed any significant influence on the game? Here I mean mainly The Wither 2 because obviously earlier there was no such community loyal to CDPR at all...

Yeah its all so cool news I wonder tho If CDPR check this forum and implement our suggestions in any way... I have never ever before participated in a forum which is devoted to some game which is to be released in 2 yrs time or so. I'm just curious. On the other hand what would be the point of setting this forum apart from building and integrating the communitty if not inspiration and a mine of new ideas?? Wonder how did it look like at The Witcher forums? Did you guys who contributed there by posting your ideas and suggestions noticed any significant influence on the game? Here I mean mainly The Wither 2 because obviously earlier there was no such community loyal to CDPR at all...

They do READ the forums, and there's been plenty of cases where we've seen something, either in some comment in an interview, or in the game itself, where they've clearly done something, or changed something, because of community input. If they do get into dialogue, it's usually to correct a misunderstanding, when the forums have gone red-hot because something has been misinterpreted.

But don't expect them to get into dialogue with the community much, or to base their decisions on polls, or anything like that. That isn't their style. They place a lot of importance on maintaining design independence, and they know the dangers of making some casual comment that gets taken as a firm promise.

Did you play TW2's Arena mode? It was built into the game in its version 2.0 following forum suggestions (IIRC it was our fellow member Slimgrin that first started the thread about possible Arena mode). Lots of other updates, combat tweaks or even Geralt's appearance in TW2 were also a result of community feedback. So yes, CDPR are definitely going through forums. What I like about them - and hope they will maintain in the future - is the ability to stick to their own vision of the game first and pander to their fanbase preferences second, most of the time doing the latter wisely.

Yep. I started a thread on it in the old forums at least a year or so before release. Was surprised as hell they actually did it, but I'm sure they had it planned all along.

The Witcher 3 will be at the VGX 2013 ! Here is the teaser

just look at this swamp

As much as I am hyped about Witcher 3 and would love to hear more information and to see new footage I'd be even more pleased if CD Red were to politely decline an invitation to the atrocity they call Spike's Video Game Awards (even under the rebranded title of VGX).

No worries. You have a solid year at least of saving before your upgrade. Does ATI still have that upgrade program?

I'm just not sure if I want to buy the week before W3 comes out ( maybe two or three weeks in case something goes wrong), or keep moseying along with my current 6950 2GB. Thing runs BF4 at High to Ultra still..I wonder how it would handle W3?

Hrm. Or get one top of the line card for W3 and then buy another for CP2077 and run both. Hmm. HMM. Wonderful choices.

Unless I find a better job that's not gonna happen.To be quite honest a part of me regrets for even buying that card(along with AMD FX 6300 and 8 GB of RAM)on account that I have more important thing right now to spend my money on than gaming.Every now and then I need to look at those Witcher 3 gifs to silence that part...stupid conscience BE GONE!!
Also I am hoping that CDPR team will embrace Mantle so there's that :) .

Just upgraded to HD 7990. Here's hoping Mantle won't be a bust :p
Originally wasn't supposed to upgrade until Witcher 3, but had to upgrade Windows so it was good time to do it now.

Oh, money. Gooooood point. Well, that's what lines of credit are for! It's like money, in some way. Some debt-y way.

Top Bottom