Overhauls & QoL Features VS DLC

+

Which one do you guys think that CDPR need to priotize first after the upcoming next big patch?

• Overhauls & Quality of Life features

Votes: 57 68.7%
  • DLC

Votes: 26 31.3%

• Total voters
I would prefer to see more QoL stuff, just to get the game into the more playable state. Funny enough, though, i would absolutely LOVE to see them overhaul the character creation and appearance setup. Currently, when it works, the creation isn't the greatest of tools and needs WAAAAAY more options, and better lighting on the character model. Post cc, there isn't any way to change that once you're in-game, which would be nice to add, given some of the great armors and such.

As much as I would want to see DLC or the fabled multiplayer, i just really want it to work first.

IF that next gen edition is true, i would love to get the cut content. Especially the Drone from the prologue.
PC MODS basically going extra miles trying to breakdown & giving more options in character customizations, especially when it comes to unique outfits & cyberwares, like actual visual style/design cyberwares customization. This is why I keep mentioning mods (in the forums) as things that CDPR should basically replicate officially to improve & overhaul the game.

100% Overhauls/QoS:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, a believable traffic system, NPC behaviour (this can be interpreted broadly, from their walking patterns to their reaction when something explodes) and police system are the three most important things things the game should improve upon.
Three main things to improve? Now that's not much you might say, but it will take a lot of work and I'm not optimistic even one of those things will evolve into something believable.
After that fixing player shadows and the water would be nice.
You might think i'm overly critical, but you don't stay engaged with a game for that long if you don't like it :D

ps: I don't get why some people still want 3rd person, it was announced OOS (out of scope) at least a year before release

100% Overhauls/QoS:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, a believable traffic system, NPC behaviour (this can be interpreted broadly, from their walking patterns to their reaction when something explodes) and police system are the three most important things things the game should improve upon.
Three main things to improve? Now that's not much you might say, but it will take a lot of work and I'm not optimistic even one of those things will evolve into something believable.
After that fixing player shadows and the water would be nice.
You might think i'm overly critical, but you don't stay engaged with a game for that long if you don't like it :D

ps: I don't get why some people still want 3rd person, it was announced OOS (out of scope) at least a year before release
& that "OOS" was clearly a PR move on top of many other stuffs that CDPR management did to cover their mistakes. Game was a third person style in its alpha (or earliest?) stage.

Also, I'll be honest here. From business & marketing standpoint, third person mode is exactly one of the most important thing that CDPR need to market the game as brand new (newer) improved enhanced build that could rejuvenate gamers expectation about the game. Even to this day, there are still so many gamers that wouldn't even buy CP2077 because it doesn't have third person perspective option.

Even to this day, there are still so many gamers that wouldn't even buy CP2077 because it doesn't have third person perspective option.
There are many games who don't have third person view (Many players maybe don't buy them 'cause of that, but they stay like that).
There are many games who don't have first person view (Many players maybe don't buy them 'cause of that, but they stay like that).
Luckily for gamers, rarelly commercial aspects are not always the priority (I hope).

There are many games who don't have third person view (Many players maybe don't buy them 'cause of that, but they stay like that).
There are many games who don't have first person view (Many players maybe don't buy them 'cause of that, but they stay like that).
Luckily for gamers, rarelly commercial aspects are not always the priority (I hope).

Well... First, CDPR with CP2077 have a totally different problems & challenges that must be face so the game can be a success in years to come, unlike "most" of those games (in which... what games exactly that you wanna mentioned again??).

Second, 100% there are legit so many players that still want a third person mode for this game regardless if they already played it or not. This is a fact, it's as simple as that. It's even STRONGER now with the recent news/info of pre alpha footage. Third person mod still continue to be one of the most popular mod for the game, even when it's not perfect, even when modders still trying to work it to a good level, & even with plenty limitations.

Lastly... Think it more rationally of the whole situation, please. I don't get how this is such hard thing to grasp for some people. It make sense on so many levels & that's why I put third person mode on Overhauls & QoL list in the first place. It's a thing since day one, people were asking for it & will continue to do so. Denying it basically denying the reality of the state of the game itself.

[...]

Well... First, CDPR with CP2077 have a totally different problems & challenges that must be face so the game can be a success in years to come, unlike "most" of those games (in which... what games exactly that you wanna mentioned again??).

Second, 100% there are legit so many players that still want a third person mode for this game regardless if they already played it or not. This is a fact, it's as simple as that. It's even STRONGER now with the recent news/info of pre alpha footage. Third person mod still continue to be one of the most popular mod for the game, even when it's not perfect, even when modders still trying to work it to a good level, & even with plenty limitations.

Lastly... Think it more rationally of the whole situation, please. I don't get how this is such hard thing to grasp for some people. It make sense on so many levels & that's why I put third person mode on Overhauls & QoL list in the first place. It's a thing since day one, people were asking for it & will continue to do so. Denying it basically denying the reality of the state of the game itself.

[...]
Two examples but the list could be long, TW3 no first person view at all (without mod), Outer worlds no third person view at all (without mod).
- If CDPR had planned to add third person view, it would already be done (apparently that's not).
- It seems to me very difficult to add third person view, in regards to the gameplay of the game.
So it's only my opinion :
- If CDPR add it, I don't care (I'll still play in first person view).
- If CDPR don't add it, I don't care (unfortunately for those who want it).
- If modders manage to add it, I also don't care (I play without mod and on console).
But who care about my avdice/opinion ? Certainly not CDPR, they do what they want ;)

OF COURSE, both scenarios are under the impression that CDPR still keep doing bug-fixing & improving the game performances until its proper high AAA standard.
I think they need to fix the game first before DLCs. Obviously depends on the DLC content, but in general I think they need to fix some of the core issues, before adding more stuff on it, as that would probably only add even more problems.

Based on the Road map there should be a patch 1.23 and then some general improvements and a free DLC after that. But its extremely vague so guess it can mean anything really.

Top Bottom