9.1 Patch Notes

+
I am surprised that Kolgrim was not reverted to Adrenaline 2. It seems like a logical change after the adjustment of tokens shuffling.

Just played aginst a deck with "Sunset wanderers", I could see the card moving in my oponents hand. I sure hope its not designed this way and thats its just a bug.
I don’t know whether this is a bug or a balance. It may be appropriate to show the card moving.

My favorite change:
"
The Guardian: Tier changed from gold to bronze.

Rarity changed from epic to common.
"
LOL.. Am I missing something? Why even waste pixels announcing this??? :)

A couple nerfs to my beloved NG that should quiet some of the naysayers. And Why does it seem that in every patch the only changes to SK are increase points, or decreased provisions... Do they do this on purpose or did they forget which was which :)

This was actually relevant in one of the matches during the Gwent Open this past weekend. I believe it was an NG vs NG match where one opponent used the Gorthur Gvaed order to move a Guardian from his opponent's graveyard into his deck, clogging up the choices he could get with his Roderick. It was actually a fantastic play, but not often relevant.

I don’t know whether this is a bug or a balance. It may be appropriate to show the card moving.

Since its currently the only card with such ability, its quite a tell. Seems unfair that i can know one of my oponents cards just by looking at he the cardbacks in his hand.

I didnt played against sunset yet, but as far as i understand the idea its to be with it in hand untill the antepenult turn, put the last card remain (without sunset) and spawn it with 15 power and draw a card, is that it, right?

So short r3 will be good with this card

I didnt played against sunset yet, but as far as i understand the idea its to be with it in hand untill the antepenult turn, put the last card remain (without sunset) and spawn it with 15 power and draw a card, is that it, right?

So short r3 will be good with this card

So long as you draw it in R1 and keep playing the cards to the left of it when it moves each turn. It'll more than likely end up dropping early in a long R3 or late in R2 if your opponent bleeds. Possibly even late in a longer R1 if you play enough cards to the right of it.

That "move self one position to the right each turn" part is what people keep forgetting to factor in. To maximize it, after your first turn, you have to play the card it moved past. The odds of your hand being that perfectly ordered are pretty slim.

That said, the worst it'll play for in R1 is 5 points + 1 card of thinning. I expect it'll see use, but that it'll usually play in the 5-10 point range. Drawn in a short R3, it'll be a disastrous 2 point card...

EDIT - Where it REALLY might shine is in a discard deck, where you can pull new cards to stick in front of it and discard from behind it.

Last edited:
this actually has some meaning for NG or MO players, since naglfar and roderick could offer you guardian as 1 of 2 gold options (if your opponents mixes one into your deck at least).
Ahh. Touche! A fringe, but important detail. I stand by my snarky comment regarding the rarity "nerf", however :)

Overall a good patch

1. Clog will not be deterred by just excluding tokens, it's still an uninteractive mechanic that removes any strategy from the game. If you won't remove it then add more faction cards to the game that manipulate the opponents decks.
2. Koschey needs a nerf
3. Blightmaker /Mage Assassin does too much for a bronze thinning card.
4. The nerf to Whoreson Jnr feels like a bad joke.
Clog was and still is an useless archetype because all this Korathi, Oniromancy, Purify/Removal meta.

I think whoreson jnr needs cooldown mechanic or something after using his coin ability. He's op for sure when he kills an unit on deploy and start erasing all your 3pts units from the board in a single turn. This happens a lot with elves and guardians/mage assassins plus yen+triss. That's the real problem. I don't care about his 5 base power, the problem was and is still this one. He's way better than professor with 2 less provisions.

Blightmaker is more than fair with 6 provisions. Ng sucks in general so its fine. Kolgrim is a joke, mill is useless, soldiers are meh, hyperthin is between meh and decent, but mostly meh. Ball aristocrats is the only thing good/op in this faction, and even so Emhyr is a joke. Spies are between bad and meh as well. Warritt/alchemists are also a joke, a bit annoying sure but really really bad. Assimilation is decent when opponent plays decent bronzes, but if he has Yrden then it'll be game over. Strong enough in long rounds if he has not. About Ng witchers idk, maybe something between meh or decent, but I don't think is good enough. So yeah, fun faction with diversity but weak in general excluding ball/aristocrats. Ng poison is decent as well by the way, a bit annoying but decent in general (excluding swarm archetypes of course). About lock archetype... its really bad. Not enough points and Vattier is too expensive. Leader abilities are not very good either... decent maybe... kind of meh... but far from being the best among the best. You need combo pieces with them in order to be decent, viable or even good, but still far from being very good.

Kotchey is broken if you don't have removals. This is another fact.

Scoia'tael bronzes are the worst faction bronzes in the entire game by the way, excluding useless neutrals of course.

So long as you draw it in R1 and keep playing the cards to the left of it when it moves each turn. It'll more than likely end up dropping early in a long R3 or late in R2 if your opponent bleeds. Possibly even late in a longer R1 if you play enough cards to the right of it.

That "move self one position to the right each turn" part is what people keep forgetting to factor in. To maximize it, after your first turn, you have to play the card it moved past. The odds of your hand being that perfectly ordered are pretty slim.

That said, the worst it'll play for in R1 is 5 points + 1 card of thinning. I expect it'll see use, but that it'll usually play in the 5-10 point range. Drawn in a short R3, it'll be a disastrous 2 point card...

EDIT - Where it REALLY might shine is in a discard deck, where you can pull new cards to stick in front of it and discard from behind it.
Wow reading your post i realyze He start at left and goes to right.

In my mind it was contrary - He starts in left and goes to right.

In this case i agree with you, without some setup, its almost impossible to be with this card too much turns

Mahakam Defender could end in symbiosis deck as an additional engine along hamerdriad. Dwarven Mercenary will replace mahakam trappers in dwarf decks.
Nah the Defender would be safer
I am surprised that Kolgrim was not reverted to Adrenaline 2. It seems like a logical change after the adjustment of tokens shuffling.
If you want adrenaline 2 on kolgrim, he can't be copied or renewed. He should be 10 prov

What was the nerf to clog? Excluding Tokens? That doesn't solve the problem imo.
That comment was mostly aimed at Koshchey and Pig, Clogg is now as healthy as it gets by changing individual cards. There is still one big problem tho, clogg is based on exploiting major design flaw of Gwent - draw dependance. So as long as draw dependance is a thing, both clogg and mill are going to be toxic, no matter the balance changes.

So much for a Syndicate Card Game not having SY daily quests two years after the faction's introduction. :)
But yes, I also was hoping for some Sigi rework (even before Jackpot buff).
That is really odd! Same with 20 and 40 artifact quests that no one wants.

I think Sigi has been overbuffed in the past.

Nah the Defender would be safer

If you want adrenaline 2 on kolgrim, he can't be copied or renewed. He should be 10 prov
No way man. Kolgrim sucks already even at 9 provisions. Renew on him is useless he is always insta-heatwave. The archetype needs buffs no nerfs. People cry with no reason with all this Korathi-Oneiromancy meta and the archetype is always nerfed to the ground. At this point is completely useless. You play Kolgrim you always lose no matter what. Token nerf was unnecessary. In fact this archetyoe is so terrible nowadays that token clog was the real win condition, not Kolgrim.

That is really odd! Same with 20 and 40 artifact quests that no one wants.

I think Sigi has been overbuffed in the past.
Well, I've posted my suggestions in the TWIG AMA. They were about SY quests missing and daily quests rewards being unbalanced. All I got as an answer was "Oh, daily quests system? Maybe something will be done. Next question." And that was around half a year ago.
And Sigi is just a bad card. He almost never saw play until recent changes in Pirate Cove and especially Jackpot allowed him to be a part of a pointslam combo. Useless then, annoying now. Devs are really bad at balancing stuff.
And it seems that this patch's minor changes were quite useless. Played my first games this season today, around 12 games, both ranked and unranked - met the same decks as before (even Viy). With one exception - because units are constantly growing taller, usual removals are working much worse than before ( i wonder if the devs really think that's the key to balance engines and removals), so somebody must have posted a deck (or several) with all the blocking cards in the game.

You always have this card in your start hand at the leftmost position. :)

Where does it say that the card is always in your starting hand? The description that I saw just stated that the card starts in the leftmost slot in your hand, but nothing about starting with it in your hand. I interpreted that to mean that you still had to draw it, at which point it goes to the left-most position.

Where does it say that the card is always in your starting hand?
It doesn't say it on the card, but:
1625664979936.png

Guest 4375874

It doesn't say it on the card, but:
View attachment 11234089
It wasn't mentioned in the developer update and I didn't fathom such a ridiculous thing. The card already cannot be interacted with, why would you now guarantee it's drawn, removing any downside to using it. It's as if no thought goes into these mechanics. If you add cards like this to the game then you need to also add cards that allows players to interact with cards in each others hand. This game's direction is just becoming more bizarre by the day.

Top Bottom