Second Opinion and Skippy

+
Q1:
I was reading the Cyberpunk 2077 Complete Official Guide and came across one Iconic weapon which is not available but mentioned in the guide called,
Second Opinion
Why we cannot get this? Is it planned but locked or completely removed from the game? If yes, then why mention it.

Q2:
Without using any hack or trick we all know we have to return Skippy at some point if we chose to do "Machine Gun" quest.
And if we return this then there is no way to get this back but alternative is GENJIROH.
So why there is slot available only for skippy in the V's apartment if we cannot even put this gun to our inventory?
We can't craft it as well.

Forgive me for my ignorance.

Im curious about 2nd Opinion as well - cause the gun is in the game files and can/could be spawned with console commands back in the days... its emberrising that its cut out of the game but mentioned in the "official" guide tho. (same with camo cyberware which is mentioned by the badlands ripper doc - its in the game files but not available ingame yet.) - imo both of them are left over-issues from the rushed release they just oversaw...

Skippy is questionable either bad game design or a "choice" ... you can keep him if u dont finish the quest but than again he is just storeable in "Bad User" Mode not in the friendly Joke-Mode most player prefer.... some first day players duped him just for the wall but thats not possible anymore because they patched the possibility for item-dupe/money-exploits right away.... instead fixing real bugs. : /

Second Opinion kind of does exist; it was renamed Death and Taxes and was intended to be Maeko's gun, but this is also unobtainable by the player (you can probably get it with console commands or mods?)

Skippy is a weird choice because both it and Genjiroh are Iconic weapons so there doesn't seem to be a good reason as to why either can't occupy that space; the wall is just picky and designed for specific weapons.

If you want the whole wall complete, you have to keep Skippy, simple as that. The same as Overwatch, Crash and all the other...
(and Genjiroh is not "unic", you can have 2. One during Goro quest and one in Hanako mansion).
You "fail" the quest as long as you keep it, but with Skippy on your wall, you have a little funny voice in your stash :D

It’s just sad that u cant stash the happy Skippy : /

But you can, at least I can. I told him that I would take him back to his owner but I lied! So he is still my property, I use him once in a while...

AND he is in a happy mood!

Or do you mean you cannot store him on the wall? I have put him in my stash and removed him a few times. I will have to see if I see him on the wall tonight.

But you can, at least I can. I told him that I would take him back to his owner but I lied! So he is still my property, I use him once in a while...

AND he is in a happy mood!

Or do you mean you cannot store him on the wall? I have put him in my stash and removed him a few times. I will have to see if I see him on the wall tonight.

dont know if they changed it lately but before i made my break he still had the quest-mark if u promised to take him to Regina - so not storeable at all. The mark just disappeared by exploit (quests where u lose your stuff and got at back) or the choice to keep him which automatically pushed him to the "Bad User" mode. : /
Post automatically merged:

Imagine duel wielding two Skippy's but one Skippy doesn't like the other Skippy. They argue back and forth as your killing enemies.
sounds funny i also would like a legendary daisy upgrade if u chose to bring him back to regina - that would be cool... Regi just could resst his memory and hand it over as a resetted legendary Daisy : /

dont know if they changed it lately but before i made my break he still had the quest-mark if u promised to take him to Regina - so not storeable at all. The mark just disappeared by exploit (quests where u lose your stuff and got at back) or the choice to keep him which automatically pushed him to the "Bad User" mode. : /
I don't think so, I always had the quest icon that disappears after the last dialogue. By keeping him, I don't know if lying to him or telling him the truth changes much. Anyway, every time I hear him in the apartment, it makes me laugh :D
And for Regina, why would she give him (or her if Daisy) to you. She won it, it's hers. It's your Fixer, not your buddy. It's already a bit theft to keep it :)

sounds funny i also would like a legendary daisy upgrade if u chose to bring him back to regina - that would be cool... Regi just could resst his memory and hand it over as a resetted legendary Daisy : /

OH yes you are right! I did remove all the quest markers on my stuff after I finished Don't fear the reaper!

Yeah you are so right that would be frustrating. I guess after the CDPR playtesters "beat the game" they did not continue play testing after the point of no return. Because there are several quality of life issues like not being able to get non-useful unneeded items that are quest marked out of your inventory.

I wish more DEV would allow the player to kill quest (out of the menus) when desired as well. I may be finicky about my game journals/inventory/menus I guess. I do not like visual clutter mixed in with the words that are important as I have Dyslexia.

Unfortunately I am seeing more game DEV theses days tend toward flooding the screen with scattered information. Funny because in RL I prefer having all my tools hanging on walls where I can see them all at one time as I stand in the room. But in games I prefer uncluttered compartments similar to how the Pipboy menus were in Fallout.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the response.
Sad to hear the "Second Opinion" (aka Death and Taxes) is not available. Maybe in DLC, who knows.

For Skippy, I remember that if you install game without Day 1 patch (only possible via Disc based game), you won't see Skippy slot in apartment.
It was added later. So if the DEVs added it later, they might have a way to stash this in inventor(which is not possible today v1.23 patch).
hope in future they may fix this or remove the slot with some other gun.

OH yes you are right! I did remove all the quest markers on my stuff after I finished Don't fear the reaper!

Yeah you are so right that would be frustrating. I guess after the CDPR playtesters "beat the game" they did not continue play testing after the point of no return. Because there are several quality of life issues like not being able to get non-useful unneeded items that are quest marked out of your inventory.

I wish more DEV would allow the player to kill quest (out of the menus) when desired as well. I may be finicky about my game journals/inventory/menus I guess. I do not like visual clutter mixed in with the words that are important as I have Dyslexia.

Unfortunately I am seeing more game DEV theses days tend toward flooding the screen with scattered information. Funny because in RL I prefer having all my tools hanging on walls where I can see them all at one time as I stand in the room. But in games I prefer uncluttered compartments similar to how the Pipboy menus were in Fallout.
Agree, too much information but one thing I dislike most is not to have any option to deselect quest.
You will have an objective displayed all the time in screen. No matter what, you cannot have any active quest displayed.

You will have an objective displayed all the time in screen. No matter what, you cannot have any active quest displayed.
After the last dialogue, to return to Regina.
If you put Skippy in your stash, the quest "fail" and is not showed on your journal (show as "completed & fail".
But if you pick up Skippy, the quest become available and appear in your journal (not failled).

And for "active" quest, I always keep Beat on the brat, Fool on the Hill or Highway Man for that reason. A quest without quest marker (just a little info on HUD)

After the last dialogue, to return to Regina.
If you put Skippy in your stash, the quest "fail" and is not showed on your journal (show as "completed & fail".
But if you pick up Skippy, the quest become available and appear in your journal (not failled).

And for "active" quest, I always keep Beat on the brat, Fool on the Hill or Highway Man for that reason. A quest without quest marker (just a little info on HUD)
I have never tried this. How to put it in my stash? I can see quest icon always displayed to the gun unless I return Skippy.
So tell me this if Skippy tells me to return to Regina, do I select Yes or say NO?
If Yes, then I have to return this to her.

Ignore my ignorance.

Thanks everyone for the response.
Sad to hear the "Second Opinion" (aka Death and Taxes) is not available. Maybe in DLC, who knows.

For Skippy, I remember that if you install game without Day 1 patch (only possible via Disc based game), you won't see Skippy slot in apartment.
It was added later. So if the DEVs added it later, they might have a way to stash this in inventor(which is not possible today v1.23 patch).
hope in future they may fix this or remove the slot with some other gun.

Agree, too much information but one thing I dislike most is not to have any option to deselect quest.
What I meant here is if game allowed us to unselect current quest and not track any other as well. So nothing gets displayed in the middle right of the screen. No quest marker is being active in the map.

I have never tried this. How to put it in my stash? I can see quest icon always displayed to the gun unless I return Skippy.
So tell me this if Skippy tells me to return to Regina, do I select Yes or say NO?

Ignore my ignorance.
So now, in 1.23 (I don't know when the "quest marker bug" on item have been fixed), but after the last dialogue :
Take me back to Regina !
You can said No or Yes (whatever), you can lie :)
But whatever you answer, the quest icon must be remove to Skippy after that.

So now, in 1.23 (I don't know when the "quest marker bug" on item have been fixed), but after the last dialogue :
Take me back to Regina !
You can said No or Yes (whatever), you can lie :)
But whatever you answer, the quest icon must be remove to Skippy after that.

well all my 7 chars are pre-1.23 - an at that point it only removed by "no you are mine now" -> storable/stashwall but "Bad User!!!"
havent took my hand on a complete new char after 1.23...

funny side note: if you leave watson before the heist via coyote fast travel point (dont know if they fixed that already) you can get skippy in act 1 but he wont talk at all until you finish the heist : ( - you could even meet Johnny in the bike-quest garage without even having the relic in your head... pro-coding ^^'

this since day one... but its also kinda bad game design that people need to find "workarounds" like this... what the deal in roaming the city if your gps always forces you to the PONR - if you have cleared the entire map already... : /

Last edited:
funny side note: if you leave watson before the heist via coyote fast travel point (dont know if they fixed that already) you can get skippy in act 1 but he wont talk at all until you finish the heist : ( - you could even meet Johnny in the bike-quest garage without even having the relic in your head... pro-coding
I didn't test the tp point in 1.23 (it work in 1.22), but yep, it's that the "real" problem. Without the tp point, you're not be able to pick up Skippy or talk to Johnny :)
this since day one... but its also kinda bad game design that people need to find "workarounds" like this... what the deal in roaming the city if your gps always forces you to the PONR - if you have cleared the entire map already... : /
Completely agree, but hey it's still a minimal problem that will surely be resolved one day (well I don't mind that much).

Ignore my ignorance.

the answer is up to you - if you like the joking skippy you need to lie telling him to bring him back so he stays in happy mode - if you say no he will just scream "Bad User" all the time, no jokes anymore : /

about the stash according to active players like LeKill3rFou both options should make him storeable for created chars after the last patch. Dont know if pre patch chars can store him now... havent played for a while ^^

Top Bottom